2017 World Team Trophy - Day 1 | Page 44 | Golden Skate

2017 World Team Trophy - Day 1

frida80

Record Breaker
It never fails. When Yuzuru skates and either soars or bombs this forum crashes. Eiya...

Last edited:

margiemo

Rinkside
Jason had a great skate but he is not doing quads.There is so much energy used doing the more difficult programs sorry... just my rant!!!

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Oh well, since the warm up begin he looked like , there was no blood running in his veins , same as sc 2015 and sc 2016, as his fan for 7 th? year already I read his face pretty well, I knew it was a bomb .
And when Chiddy bombed SP before him , I was 100 % sure he'd do the same. I repeat so many times they are such jinxes for each other xD :biggrin:

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Well, let's celebrate Shoma's lead....and he only did a double in the combination, right? :yahoo: LOCO can win this for Japan, I'm sure!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Jason had a great skate but he is not doing quads.There is so much energy used doing the more difficult programs sorry... just my rant!!!

Well he is 5th. It's not like he beat clean quad programs.

asiacheetah

On the Ice
Something was pretty off today, it looks like he was rushing his takeoffs. Oh well... at least this didn't happen at Worlds. And there's always the FS! :)

He was very intense the entire time. He was super antsy and wouldn't stay still even when they were introducing him before the warm up. Not fun for him at all. I think he let the pressure of skating on home ice and wanting to skate a clean SP get to him.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I don't think Yuzuru's problem was just of today. He seemed similarily fed up with something at worlds too, only today it was worse.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I heard he needs surgery but delayed it for this event but I don't know if it's true :slink:
I hope it isn't..

I'm not so sure about that. :rolleye:

Anyone know if Chan needs surgery too, and is skating with a nagging injury? Or someone from the Canadian fed said something to him that threw him off?

Or, you know, maybe skaters sometimes just have bad days. :sarcasm:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'm not gonna make excuses or infer what might have happened. I think he was just tired after he peaked at worlds but was also feeling too intense to do well here. It happens but I hope he comes back in the free!

Thank you.

I was rolling my eyes at some of the speculation/excuses. He just had a bad day -- even if you're fed up with something, you have to leave that off the ice... not to mention, it's WTT -- it's like the one event where there's no need to be stressed out/angry! :laugh:

Yes, probably peaking at Worlds had something to do with it, but Shoma/Jin/Chen/Kolyada/Brown had competed at Worlds too and still held it together.

Last edited:

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I don't think Yuzuru's problem was just of today. He seemed similarily fed up with something at worlds too, only today it was worse.

It looks a bit obvious.

Olympics are 10 months away. I'm not surprised that he wants to quit after : the amount of pressure that he has is indescribable. Yu-na and Mao 2010 and 2014's style. But even more than Yuna or Mao it seems. And he puts so much pressure on himself alone too. Most of us would get big time anxiety from this.

I'm French and we do not start figure skating or competition because we want to win, we do it for the love of the sport. We don't have a great number of champions but you do remember them, you sometimes oversee the tech because you prefer the performance...
I'd say it is almost the same with Javi (well at least it was because he's gonna be in beast mode until 2018)
It is cultural more than anything, I feel.

One more question : Worlds 2019 are in Japan, isn't the fed going to push him to stay one more year ?

Last edited:

frida80

Record Breaker
I don't know who has broadcast rights. But just to be safe, everyone should download their favorite performances now. They could be blocked in just a few hours.

Klarnet

On the Ice
Maybe he bombed it on purpose, if not consciously, but subconsciously, if someone and everyone kept nagging him, "Give more smiles, give perfection, and more smiles". As it already has been mentioned, I have never seen him to care less, like "F** off of me", he totally mailed it in