2017 CS Nebelhorn Short Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Nebelhorn Short Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
All I could think of the entire time they were skating was, Why does Galyeta look like like she's wearing a dress of overcooked pumpkin someone stuck sequins into?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Mmmm. A girl from Siberia who used to skate for the Ukraine, and a guy from New York who used to skate for Great Britain, skating for Azerbaijan.

Right.

Although he has a very English surname, I'm guessing that he is the one that has the connections, going by his first name.

Surely the DOB's given in their ISU Bio have to be wrong. They look about 10 years younger!!! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
How nice of Simon to take some time out of his Casual Friday workday to do a little dancing for us.

You know, G/P-S have some really nice qualities: speed, some good edges, flow. It made me want to see their FD.

nimi

Medalist
The music edit was more pleasant than some of the others.

But I think I'm getting a bit of SD OD, thankfully there's a little intermission coming... :drama:

ivanja

On the Ice
Country
Croatia
Mmmm. A girl from Siberia who used to skate for the Ukraine, and a guy from New York who used to skate for Great Britain, skating for Azerbaijan.

Right.

Although he has a very English surname, I'm guessing that he is the one that has the connections, going by his first name.

Surely the DOB's given in their ISU Bio have to be wrong. They look about 10 years younger!!! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

Unfortunately, it's very much Azerbaijan's policy to buy foreign athletes, especially in sports that aren't popular there (meaning everything besides combat sports). Most of their Olympians in Rio were foreign born, as one can see here... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azerbaijan_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The music edit was more pleasant than some of the others.

But I think I'm getting a bit of SD OD, thankfully there's a little intermission coming... :drama:

It still isn't nearly as bad as a Paso Doble year.

Just saying...

:hap57:

swurvestar

Rinkside
It's so strange not seeing anyone from team Gadbois/Montreal. I guess it shows how successful they've been.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I was about to say that I would be happy if the current Top 5 were the ones that qualified.

Then I heard the announcer call out the names Kavita Lorenz and Joti Polizoakis.

:drama:

CaroLiza_fan

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I was about to say that I would be happy if the current Top 5 were the ones that qualified.

Then I heard the announcer call out the names Kavita Lorenz and Joti Polizoakis.

:drama:

CaroLiza_fan

:drama: indeed, hope Kavita will have a bombastic costume, with hotness level similar to last year's catsuit...too much goodie, too little places!

nimi

Medalist
Not bad, compatriots!

They avoided the random stumbles and splats they sometimes have in competition... *fingers crossed for FD*

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
T/P MUCH improved from the first time I saw this, though the twizzles were still uhm problematic. I just don't think it will be enough for top five.

ETA: Oh good, I'm glad to be wrong.

nimi

Medalist
T/P MUCH improved from the first time I saw this, though the twizzles were still uhm problematic. I just don't think it will be enough for top five.
Probably not...

ETA: WHOAH WHAT that score?! :eek:
Well I guess I should be happy! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, why did the buzzing have to return just before it got to the decent piece of the music?! Could it not have appeared during the first piece of music, and then disappeared when it moved onto the second?!

Nevertheless, good skate. I had forgotten about the Finns when talking during the interval about who I would like to see in the Top 5.

CaroLiza_fan