2018 US Championships Sr. Ladies SP | Page 44 | Golden Skate

2018 US Championships Sr. Ladies SP

bixby

Final Flight
I guess it's not meant to be... Ashley Wagner will never ever earn an automatic berth to an Olympic team.

Lissy

Medalist
Lynn Rutherford just tweeted this:

"In the mixed zone, @AshWagner2010 said she and Raf would "go back to the drawing board" after #USchamps18 and consider working up a new short. She's inspired by the freshness of "La La Land" and wants the same feeling in the short."

TCAngel18

Medalist
lol tell me how she can get 68 with that kind of skate? She did well in 3Lo and 2A but clearly UR and on top of that step out from that 3F-3T which cant be saved by TP. She get 65 with almost 33 PCS (32.94 iirc) she need almost 36 PCS to ger 68... Are you really saying she deserve 36 PCS?

With the over inflation we have seen in other performances, yes. PCS is relative to the rest of the competition, so if Bradie is getting a high 32, Ashley deserves in the High 35’s in relation.

LoveSkater

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Mirai receive 3A fully rotated with -2.10 GOE. This is 6.50 points. 2A with +3 is 4.80 or 5.13 with bonus.
SO 3A is an acceptable risk.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Kaitlyn Nguyen

Alright 3Lz+2T. Flying sit and layback spin are a bit slow. Footwork has fine flow but not a lot of relation to the music at all. 3Lo in second half looks < to me. Clean 2A but a very awkward fall after it. Combo spin was adequate.

Sad to say but there was very little artistry at all in this program. Lack of facial expression, extended body movement, or stylization of any kind. She seemed very sad skating for some reason.

And what a strange costume for it. Holy Cognitive Dissonance Batman!

macy

Record Breaker

"In the mixed zone, @AshWagner2010 said she and Raf would "go back to the drawing board" after #USchamps18 and consider working up a new short. She's inspired by the freshness of "La La Land" and wants the same feeling in the short."

as much as i love MR and HHCC, learning the hard way sucks sometimes.

frida80

Record Breaker
USFS and US ladies fans: We really need a lady who can rotate all her jumps and who has a 3-3!

Universe: here's Gracie Gold

USFS and US ladies fans: We really need a lady who can do all that AND isn't heartbreakingly inconsistent!

Universe: here's Bradie Tennell

USFS: HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOO PCS TRAIN WE HAVE A WINNERRRRR

US ladies fans: whining

Idk y'all idk. (But it is wayyyy late for me on a weekday).

It’s the truth! It’s like better you are, the more reasons they find to whine!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

Pftt that is gutsy! You go gurl!!!

ask

Match Penalty
Nobody is carolina, but we've seen her do worse tech this season then Ashley just did and still get held up majorly by pcs. I just wish Ashley could get some of that benefit because she is an amazing performer...or If only she could get the generous ur calls Satoko gets

Because she still has the best skating skills by a large margin over anyone else. Ashley doesn't have this advantage over even junior girls.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker

:palmf: Both Ashley and Karen are a mess this season.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
USFS and US ladies fans: We really need a lady who can rotate all her jumps and who has a 3-3!

Universe: here's Gracie Gold

USFS and US ladies fans: We really need a lady who can do all that AND isn't heartbreakingly inconsistent!

Universe: here's Bradie Tennell

USFS: HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOO PCS TRAIN WE HAVE A WINNERRRRR

US ladies fans: whining

Idk y'all idk. (But it is wayyyy late for me on a weekday).

Bradie is a great argument for The Necessity of Charisma.

She's probably a nice woman, but charismatic? Uhm...

:slink:

synteis

Medalist

Ooof.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
In the side race of Worlds Jrs. team, only Starr's really made a case to be sent. All the junior candidates are going down one-by-one. Ting Cui may have a case if these senior girls don't improve in the FS.

how about Pooja Kalyan?

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Great job by Bradie who is deservedly in 1st place!

Great fight from Mirai after the stumble on the 3A (thanks for the mini-heart attack kid - luv 'ya!). Kidding sort of! I'm so very proud of Mirai. It took GUTS to go for such a hard jump in the Olympic year at Nationals in the SP when Olympic selection is on the line! Very proud indeed and she deserves her spot too.

I haven't seen all the skaters yet (came late to the party) but I'm curious as to why Ashley is in 4th? I thought apart from her 2foot landing on the combo she'd get huge PCS scores to put her in top 3! And IMO Ashley and Mirai look so much more mature and elegant than Bradie (who was lovely but seemed all arms at times).

In any event, I am enjoying the rest of the competition now that Mirai has made it through the SP mine field LOL! Crossing fingers, lighting candles for a great skate from my girl in the FS!

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Mirai receive 3A fully rotated with -2.10 GOE. This is 6.50 points. 2A with +3 is 4.80 or 5.13 with bonus.
SO 3A is an acceptable risk.

Exactly. If she is rotating it when she messes up it is worth it. Especially when we know she is capable of doing it clean.

frida80

Record Breaker

Is she serious? She’s been botching that SP all season and she decides at nationals to change it? What the? That should’ve been the first thing she changed! As tiresome as MR was, it got her that bronze in SC. I cannot right now...

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Megan Wessenberg

A 2F, three-turn, and step-out on the 3T combo. Only a 2S, ouch. Good movement in the footwork and good speed in the spins. Forward step-out on the 2A. Fairly good combo spin to finish.

The technical mark is going to suffer quite a bit, though her spins and footwork actually are fairly strong. Sad since she really set the tone of the program with the first few opening steps, but the jumps eluded her today.

withwings

On the Ice
Previously inflated. Now, no longer US #1, so she is where is belong. Her skating skills are weaker than the top 3 right now.

She never ever has been inflated. It is your prideful mind which is inflated.

TCAngel18

Medalist
Also, Ashley got a 65.94, so only a 2.06 jump in PCS would be needed. High 34 range gets her that, and that’s what she put out on the ice today, even considering the combo flub.