2018 Four Continents Ladies FS | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Ladies FS

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I feel that now Kaori will definitely be doing the FS in the Team Event, if Japan qualifies.

randomfan

Record Breaker
What is wrong with the TP??? Are they drunk... Dabin clear outside edge 3Lz got ! and Mai 3F! while Kaori actual flutz didnt even get a ! I know she's japan #2 ladies and wil go to Olympic but.... Her pcs too is too high, while Satoko too low

I agree. I was surprised to see Kaori not get called for the lutz, and even more surprised that Dabin was suddenly called out of nowhere. As for Mai, I had a feeling this was going to happen again after seeing how she already had a couple of bogus !s earlier this season...:slink:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
How many serious OBM contenders are there now? And that's with a Japanese spot missing and assuming Zhenia and Alina skate their best. If they bomb or are banned it only gets worse.

sakurano

Final Flight
The 3T in her 3Lz3T looked clearly UR even in real time, we'll see the protocols soon

ETA: and there they are...

Yeah Satoko's 3T was < as was her second 3Lz

Mai got UR call on her second 3Lz as well plus a ! on her flip

No UR/edge calls for Kaori

yes that's what it seemed to me and she fell that inflation to hurt him more than I thought.
This panel was strict with some and indulgent with others it's a pity and these PSC finally good it was still a good champion before the Olympics

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I feel that now Kaori will definitely be doing the FS in the Team Event, if Japan qualifies.

sorry for OT, but top 5 teams after SP/SD qualifies for FS/FD, yes? So it will be mainly between Italy, France and Japan?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Congrats to the medalists!

Happy for Chartrand doing much better too here even with the URs. It's a pity she couldn't do this at Nats.

Also, where are all the classy comments saying Kazakhstan should be giving up their spots for Japan (like how people said for the Canadians)? :sarcasm:

skatenewbie

Medalist
no matter whether Kaori's flutz was called or not, she would be first, Mai second and Satoko third and Dabin fourth. The crucial thing was Satoko's called UR, which could have resulted in an unfair Satoko first, Kaori second. But this time, yes, the tech panel did their job and thus the result was fair.
if they did call Kaori 3Lz e Mai would take gold. Kaori 3Lz got 7.9 point with a e marks she woud get only 2-3 point (4.62 BV with -2/3 GOE) her score would drop more than 4 point and difference between Mai and Kaori is less than 4 point so... Ignoring Kaori flutz is taking away Mai gold... So there's that the placement would change.

Kara

Final Flight
Even if some things upset me, it's finally an event I'm overall quite happy with. I haven't felt this way since Cup of China and incidentally it was a Japanese lady showdown there too.;) Happy to see Dabin back on track with my fave free program of hers with that absolutely gorgeous dress and look.:drama:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Overall impressions on the podium: Satoko's PCS were a joke, even with a fall. Kaori did deserve at least a ! in her 3Lz if not an outright e and I don't know why not even when clean Mai can't get the judges to give her better PCS but I think her trajectory with the SP did curtail her momentum from last season and it showed. I'm happy with the podium but I'd also be happy if Mai had won again because I think after her season, she deserved it. And may Satoko and Kaori be at their best for the Olympics, where Satoko will definitely be robbed in PCS anyway, in comparison.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Crying over Soyoun’s protocol, checked the video to see if even her stellar 2A-3T deserved that UR, and sadly it was UR after all...they could’ve at least done her a favour by not underscoring her PCS :cry:

aname

On the Ice
Also, it seems that Alaine got full marks for her spins, so I'm not sure what people were discussing before about a repeated spin type (? I'm not a skater). The under-rotations are what killed her.
Her flying change sit spin got called as flying change combo spin in the tech box (see here https://youtu.be/lMXFoYHMj_c?t=3m53s) and she had earlier on gotten a spin invalidated because she did too many combo spins in her FS. That's what made some of us be like "oh no it happened again?!"

Kutien

Final Flight
1Kaori SAKAMOTO JPN214.2121video
2Mai MIHARA JPN210.5732video
3Satoko MIYAHARA JPN207.0213video
4Dabin CHOI KOR190.2354video
5Mariah BELL USA185.8445video
6Hanul KIM KOR173.1068video
7Starr ANDREWS USA172.6577video
8Alaine CHARTRAND CAN172.4186video
9Angela WANG USA161.04911video
10Xiangning LI CHN160.401010video
11Soyoun PARK KOR159.48129video
12Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA KAZ156.191113video
13Alicia PINEAULT CAN152.811412video
14Brooklee HAN AUS150.651314video
15Michelle LONG CAN147.501715video
16Kailani CRAINE AUS141.041616video
17Ziquan ZHAO CHN139.011817video
18Amy LINTPE137.401518video
19Chloe INGSGP129.701920video
20Aiza MAMBEKOVA KAZ121.002019video
21Joanna SOHKG107.692121video
22Natalie SANGKAGALOTHA93.612222video
23Thita LAMSAMTHA79.332323video

Kaori SAKAMOTO interview
4CC 2018 Ladies Victory Ceremony

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
sorry for OT, but top 5 teams after SP/SD qualifies for FS/FD, yes? So it will be mainly between Italy, France and Japan?

Yes, but there are skaters from other teams that can run interference and be spoilers, especially with the Japanese pairs being their weakest link.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Overall impressions on the podium: Satoko's PCS were a joke, even with a fall. Kaori did deserve at least a ! in her 3Lz if not an outright e and I don't know why not even when clean Mai can't get the judges to give her better PCS but I think her trajectory with the SP did curtail her momentum from last season and it showed. I'm happy with the podium burt I'd also be happy if Mai had won again because I think after her season, she deserved it. And may Satoko and Kaori be at their best for the Olympics, where Satoko will definitely be robbed in PCS anyway, in comparison.

those thing we're looking forward to...:slink:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Yes, but there are skaters from other teams that can run interference and be spoilers, especially with the Japanese pairs being their weakest link.

thank You for confirmation, and it's such a shame about Japan Pair's level in comparison to the rest of disciplines...well, we will see how it will unfold not in a long time

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
What is wrong with the TP??? Are they drunk... Dabin clear outside edge 3Lz got ! and Mai 3F! while Kaori actual flutz didnt even get a ! I know she's japan #2 ladies and wil go to Olympic but.... Her pcs too is too high, while Satoko too low
It kinda changes the perspective a bit. Strange calls, small differences in points = very debatable placements.