Practice reports | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Practice reports

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I noticed some significant change in her jumps. The 2A was very good, and some jumps were much higher than her usual jump height, possibly similar to Liza T's jump height. But I expect her to make some mistakes, because her jumps are still in progress. And she didn't a committed full run-through as she usually did before.
Evgenia's FS runthrough, if anyone missed it :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sskMZXZCrFY

pearly

Record Breaker
Zhenya SP: 3Lz e, 2A, 3F+3T. 3F a bit too flat I think, but it was definitely not a Lz.

- - - Updated - - -

Did the camera loose Liza T on the practice or is she MIA

Not present. They still play the music though for the sake of other skaters.

lusk8

Record Breaker
Zhenya SP: 3Lz e, 2A, 3F+3T. 3F a bit too flat I think, but it was definitely not a Lz.

- - - Updated - - -

Not present. They still play the music though for the sake of other skaters.

Oh thank you for the answer!! I thought I was going blind [emoji16]

katymay

Medalist
I think i need to change some of my predictions. Some just look more ready at this point than the others, but i dont know if practices are such a good indicator for the competition :slink:

I just did that. Moved Mako and Wakaba up, moved Elizabet down. LOL. Also moved Keegan up. And am picking Peng and Ting to win. (They look sharp)

lusk8

Record Breaker
I’m in love with Wakaba’s edge work and flow wish her a clean skate tomorrow so she can feel confident.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I think i need to change some of my predictions. Some just look more ready at this point than the others, but i dont know if practices are such a good indicator for the competition :slink:

I’m having that same feeling!
I didn’t put Evgenia first but now I’m asking myself why did I ever doubt her?! [emoji23]

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I’m in love with Wakaba’s edge work and flow wish her a clean skate tomorrow so she can feel confident.

I'm not sure. I was seeing only the speed and nothing much between. But i'm glad she landed her jumps, she is not in such a 'bad condition' after all :pray:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ugh.... i feel like as a matter of principal that at venues that do this people should fill at least two bottles with water and dump it on the ground. this is BS and not right and we have got to find a way to make it untenable for venues to do this. "Sorry, they took my lid... of course water is going to spill all over!" Cost them enough... they will change.

Out of fairness to them, when I bought a second bottle of water, they very nicely offered to put it in a cup (like they use for fountain drinks) and give me a lid and a straw. Of course, the reason I had to buy a 2nd bottle was that the 1st accidentally got kicked over and I lost half of it. Ha! Sorry to make a big deal out of it - it's so annoying. I guess rules are rules.

moriel

Record Breaker
I haven't followed skating for long, but has Romeo and Juliet always been popular? Why suddenly, this year, are their so many programs across juniors and seniors? It's bizarre. :scratch2: I'm not a fan, but I get La La Land a little more as at least it came out recently...

Nah, everybody got sick of lalaland last year.
It is sort of a yearly thing, one year we suddenly have 100500 Moulin ROuge, then 100500 phantoms of the opera and so on.
But its always same thing, you could probably pick 100 pieces that would cover over 80% of all FS programs ever skated

moriel

Record Breaker
Zhenya's jumps seemed indeed better, but then she had no difficult entries or exits into them =(
Overall she seems to be more comfortable with her programs, and her FS looks a bit more finished.
On the negative side, open mouth is back.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How did Samarin in practice? Was he there?

I'm just going from memory (and it's been a LONG day), but I'm remembering he was not at the morning practice but he was at afternoon practice. I honestly can't comment on his program, but outside of his run through he did LOTS of jumps. He was jumping them right in the corner where I was sitting -- quite a few quads. He took a couple of nasty falls, but other than that, he was looking good.

Speaking of jumps, not quite sure what was up with Daniel Samohin. Hope he's not injured -- 5 quad attempts and 5 falls. Jumps just weren't there at all (in general).

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Zhenya's jumps seemed indeed better, but then she had no difficult entries or exits into them =(
Overall she seems to be more comfortable with her programs, and her FS looks a bit more finished.
On the negative side, open mouth is back.

Shaade ;) Every face expression is better than no expression... if someone has a problem with the exact one, he/she should just find a real reason why? :biggrin:

moriel

Record Breaker
Shaade ;) Every face expression is better than no expression... if someone has a problem with the exact one, he/she should just find a real reason why? :biggrin:

oh i personally dont care, but last year people were complaining like crazy about it. Then, at AC, she was not opening her mouth, but now she is doing it again =D
cant resist to mention it muahahaha