2018-2019 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Is Zhenya still having trouble with her spins?

Brian Orser controlling her rotations with his fingers :laugh:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Red not gold. Still a nice dress but I miss the black one from ACI.

I thought I was the only one who loved that dress! Although Zhenya's now skating to Tosca so it wouldn't suit!

Hey Mishin! (Wait who's he got in the group? Or is he just watching his old student Liza N?)

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
well, i'd say clean Zhenya will go into second
and Zhenya with no falls withh go into second

pretty sure they were not giving juniors natflations for a reason.

That’d be fair.

moriel

Record Breaker
I have to be honest...Russia seems uncreative with the names, every second person seems to have the same name!

He Liza N, haven't seen her in aaages.

Russia is pretty traditional with names, most of the time there are no "creative spellings" and "unique names", they just stick to the list.
Now, they are getting more variety, and also they had more variety back after the 1918 revolution (yep, i have a relative called Olympiada).

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Now we get Brian O Cam...which is kinda fun I must admit.

The thing about focusing on one skater though is we miss the others!

Although this isn't nearly as bad as Lombardia with Shoma, I swear the cameraman was in love with him or something :laugh2:

Camera people know what the people want to see! ;)

rachno2

Record Breaker
Getting serious Irina Slutskaya vibes from Med. That dress looks a lot like her 2006 Olys one (though not, incidentally, the one she wore for Tosca)

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I love Brian's head-bob-lip-purse move he's always rockin :rock:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I read that it's common in Russia to use family names, so I get how you get a lot of same names. Still, it's confusing when you have two Alyona K's and two Anastiasia G's.

Indeed and in the later case they're long names to type out :laugh:

So many red dresses in this group! But then it is the power colour.

What is Brian doing? (Spin instructions I guess, but it looks like he's at a club!)

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I thought I was the only one who loved that dress! Although Zhenya's now skating to Tosca so it wouldn't suit!

Hey Mishin! (Wait who's he got in the group? Or is he just watching his old student Liza N?)

Yeah it was perfect for OCS. Oh well c’est la vie.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Russia is pretty traditional with names, most of the time there are no "creative spellings" and "unique names", they just stick to the list.
Now, they are getting more variety, and also they had more variety back after the 1918 revolution (yep, i have a relative called Olympiada).

True. Although for a while I though Irina and Tatiana were the only two options for ladies over there :laugh2:

Oops missed this skater's name, she seems fast though!

moriel

Record Breaker
I read that it's common in Russia to use family names, so I get how you get a lot of same names. Still, it's confusing when you have two Alyona K's and two Anastiasia G's.

Not really family names, but they just tend to operate with a traditional pool of names.
It was not common till recently to use weird made up names, names from books, western names, unusual spelling of common names and so on. So you could have like 3 annas in a class.
Its not just a recent thing, for example my mom shares same 1st name withabout 1/3rd of her russian female friends, because it was THE fashionable name back then.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Once again, I must say that I love the aesthetic of the rink here.

....Does anyone remember RusNats about maybe 4 years ago? There was a giant Christmas tree. The intermission for the skates was just a close-up of one of the ornaments on the tree! :laugh2:

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I disagree.
If she skates like in Grenoble, she should be behind 3A, that would be fair.

So much of it is politics, it’s be fair because at this point I have no idea what their actual ranking would be until they compete in international competition against each other.

So I say fair in the sense Med I think could still do well at Euros and worlds.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The same as I did not have the time to say during Sofia Samodurova, no helicopter tanos please.

I still can't believe Alyona is the only one to have a fall so far, and hers was a freak stumble.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Once again, I must say that I love the aesthetic of the rink here.

....Does anyone remember RusNats about maybe 4 years ago? There was a giant Christmas tree. The intermission for the skates was just a close-up of one of the ornaments on the tree! :laugh2:

I do remember! They were nice blue and silver ones.

Wow, lot of support for Stanislava here! That's nice :)

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Konstantinova: 3Lz-3T, 2A, 3Lo, she jumps big, skates big and has presence on ice (and reminds me of Sotnikova :biggrin:) 74.40 4th :thumbsup: