XenForo Questions | Page 7 | Golden Skate

XenForo Questions

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Hi! Can you tell me what device and browser you are using?
I was using Chrome on Macbook Air. I do not have this problem when using my PC. I was not in private/incognito mode nor using VPN.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was using Chrome on Macbook Air. I do not have this problem when using my PC. I was not in private/incognito mode nor using VPN.

Can you please clear your cookies from your chrome then refresh. It will show again but this should be the only time.

if it continues, please let me know if you were clicking on a bookmark or another link and let me know exactly what that link says - http or https.

Dogo

On the Ice
I'm not sure if this is a silly question or not, but I can't find anywhere how to update the profile pic. I know there are paid memberships and such but doesn't posting more than 10 times gets you access to edit your profile pic?

Thanks

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not sure if this is a silly question or not, but I can't find anywhere how to update the profile pic. I know there are paid memberships and such but doesn't posting more than 10 times gets you access to edit your profile pic?

Thanks

Try this link :)

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there a way to stop it auto-logging you out? It only does this on my phone's Chrome, but it logs me out any time I haven't been active for 60 minutes, and it's a royal pain in the butt.

The session was set for 15 minutes with no activity. Meaning, if you aren't clicking, you aren't active ;) I have increased this to 60 minutes.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Can you please clear your cookies from your chrome then refresh. It will show again but this should be the only time.

if it continues, please let me know if you were clicking on a bookmark or another link and let me know exactly what that link says - http or https.
Cleared the cookies for GS and the notification is gone! Thanks!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
In the Russian Ladies thread I have an unposted post(?) showing at the bottom of the page which is a copy of someone's post in that forum set up as if I was about to write a reply. I have no idea why it is there but I never intended to reply. Unfortunately, every time I open that forum it is defaulting to that page. I can't find a way to delete my "unintentional" post- there doesn't seem to be an icon to click that will do that. How can you delete an intended reply when you change your mind?

This happens to me as well sometimes. It just means at one time (could have been days!) a post was quoted (and meant to reply) so the system "saved" it for you. I find it annoying and when it happens and I just hit the backspace button until it disappears.

It seems many folks have this problem with this platform and are requesting (at Xenforo) a "Cancel" button next to the "Post Reply". I hope they will add it!

On a good note, there is a "Save" floppy icon in the upper right so you don't lose posts :) You can make them drafts!

Ah, the exact thing described above happened to me today, and now I see why. I thought I'd multiquoted myself earlier by some mistake, and I intuitively erased the text by backspace which is my trusty stone age method whenever I don't know any better :biggrin:
However, in case a ridiculously long post gets inserted on its own (say, a fanfest OP...), and backspacing would be dismally long - is it actually possible to just post the whole thing (both the post you wanted to post, and the one you didn't), and then just click edit, and get rid of the unwanted part through highlighting and deleting it? I don't feel like testing this as it happens so randomly, but it would be a time saver if this worked.

It is possible to "Delete draft" all at once. :) (For example, to delete an unwanted draft that consists of unwanted quoting.)
No need for a lot of backspacing.

To the right of the "Save" floppy disc icon is an arrow (upside-down triangle).
Left-click on the arrow to display the drop-down menu, which will show the option to "Delete draft."

Note: A non-intuitive thing re "Delete draft" is that it does work -- but after clicking it, the draft does not immediately disappear from the reply box at the bottom of the current page.
If you want to verify that "Delete draft" has worked, move to a different page of the same thread, where the reply box will be empty. (Or if the thread has only one page, close the thread and then re-open it, and the reply box will be empty.)

Last edited:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is possible to "Delete draft" all at once. :) (For example, to delete an unwanted draft that consists of unwanted quoting.)
No need for a lot of backspacing.

To the right of the "Save" floppy disc icon is an arrow (upside-down triangle).
Left-click on the arrow to display the drop-down menu, which will show the option to "Delete draft."

Note: A non-intuitive thing re "Delete draft" is that it does work -- but after clicking it, the draft does not immediately disappear from the reply box at the bottom of the current page.
If you want to verify that "Delete draft" has worked, move to a different page of the same thread, where the reply box will be empty. (Or if the thread has only one page, close the thread and then re-open it, and the reply box will be empty.)

Right. That's certainly one way to do it ;) I've already contacted the developers about a "cancel button" for a future fix to prevent a lot of "mousing around." Seems other forums want this too, but not sure if or when that will happen.

Ella339

On the Ice
A problem that hasn't been mentioned, I think: instead of using my mouse, I usually hit Page Down on my keyboard to scroll down the page. But here, it often (always?) jumps down one line too many, and I have to scroll back up to read the line I've missed (try it, it will probably be much clearer than my description ^^).

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A problem that hasn't been mentioned, I think: instead of using my mouse, I usually hit Page Down on my keyboard to scroll down the page. But here, it often (always?) jumps down one line too many, and I have to scroll back up to read the line I've missed (try it, it will probably be much clearer than my description ^^).

Hi there! I just tested both my page down and scroll and can't seem to duplicate the problem? I also have my ads turned on (always) so not sure what could be causing this on your end. What browser are you using?

Ella339

On the Ice
I'm using Firefox 56 (an older version). I just tried it on an up-to-date Chrome, and it works there. Not sure my old Firefox is the problem, since it doesn't seem to do it on any other websites... but if no one else complains of this, I'll deal with it then!

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm using Firefox 56 (an older version). I just tried it on an up-to-date Chrome, and it works there. Not sure my old Firefox is the problem, since it doesn't seem to do it on any other websites... but if no one else complains of this, I'll deal with it then!

I just tested it on Firebox (latest version 81.1.1) and it works fine for me?

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just tested page down (chrome, newish apple desktop computer) and I get the same problem. I only use the keyboard arrows when my mouse is out of juice, and hadn't noticed it before. BUT, I don't need to use the mouse to recover the missing line. Just one click of the up arrow (with no other keys held) does it for me.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia

So yeah, clearing the cookies worked once, but I'm back today and so is the pop-up problem. I'm using a link from my bookmarks, which only says "www.goldenskate.com/forum/index.php" :(

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #7 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Everyone is now a 'LV 0' below user titles. What is that? Something escaped out of the admin module again? :wink:
Anyhow, the reason I came here is to agree with some users who wrote here earlier saying they'd prefer the smileys that go with post likes gone, because people misuse the feature to mock posts they disagree with. It bothers me too. It would be nice if post like smileys were edited out. It's weird when users click 'like' on posts they disagree with, just to attach a frowning face to it.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Anyhow, the reason I came here is to agree with some users who wrote here earlier saying they'd prefer the smileys that go with post likes gone, because people misuse the feature to mock posts they disagree with. It bothers me too. It would be nice if post like smileys were edited out. It's weird when users click 'like' on posts they disagree with, just to attach a frowning face to it.
Was the OP, would like to chime in again: yes, please.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Everyone is now a 'LV 0' below user titles. What is that? Something escaped out of the admin module again? :wink:

The "reactions" can be about the content or context of the post - not the actual poster.

We are still testing other add-ons which is why you saw a difference in your postbit earlier.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
@gsk8 have the censors over some words been removed? I don't mind having lighter censors -quite like it- but I do wish some would be back.