Alena Kostornaia | Page 387 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

patee

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
Does anyone know what this is about? What's the story behind it? (Aliona shared it on her Instagram.)
story.jpg

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Does anyone know what this is about? What's the story behind it? (Aliona shared it on her Instagram.)
story.jpg
I saw some comments on Reddit suggesting that Aliona commented on Evgeni Semenenko’s injury in what she thought was a semi-private setting but it got picked up by a major Russian outlet — the quoted comments didn’t sound particularly offensive to me (mostly she is clearly hopeful that he will recover well) but apparently she cursed a few times and made a (honestly pretty funny) self-deprecating joke about herself and some people didn’t take it too well.

macy

Record Breaker
new interview https://www.instagram.com/p/Ccfoqfbof56/

she has wanted to skate in buyanova's group since being a child, she wants to continue for the next quad with motivation of making the olympics, what she likes about her new group (and clues about what wasn't working in TT), the jumps are coming back and has trained the 3A a bit, her goal is to be able to skate 2 clean programs with triples by test skates

go Aliona!!!

McBibus

On the Ice
new interview https://www.instagram.com/p/Ccfoqfbof56/

she has wanted to skate in buyanova's group since being a child, she wants to continue for the next quad with motivation of making the olympics, what she likes about her new group (and clues about what wasn't working in TT), the jumps are coming back and has trained the 3A a bit, her goal is to be able to skate 2 clean programs with triples by test skates

go Aliona!!!
I just hope she can get a chance to work full force until season start

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
i wonder how long she was really off the ice with her injury and how long she's been actually training now. i couldn't help but notice she struggled with the jumps in this show where she only performed 3S's, and she can normally do those in her sleep.
She could just be out of practice with this Twilight program (maybe they asked her to skate it on the spur of the moment..) the fans seemed to love it regardless.. and those fangs are scary!! And that Twilight dress is a bit too small for her now..
She performed the other program beautifully and at the level I would expect after two rather serious injuries. Takes time to get back up to speed and she has grown.. is now a different skater with loads of new potential

patee

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
I saw some comments on Reddit suggesting that Aliona commented on Evgeni Semenenko’s injury in what she thought was a semi-private setting but it got picked up by a major Russian outlet — the quoted comments didn’t sound particularly offensive to me (mostly she is clearly hopeful that he will recover well) but apparently she cursed a few times and made a (honestly pretty funny) self-deprecating joke about herself and some people didn’t take it too well.
Thank you! I've read what she said and I'm so sad that some people always try to make something out of nothing. I'd die to watch that video though... :biggrin:

patee

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
Twilight dress is a bit too small for her now..
I guess a few of us here don't really mind that... Sorry, it was just too tempting! :biggrin: But you're right, this dress was designed to fit her perfectly at the age of 16 and obviously her body has changed since then, now she's a grown up young woman. But hey, she's always looked beautiful at every age and I think she's happy to still be able to wear this dress tastefully. (And we're happy too to see her wear it...) :wink:

Last edited:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I guess a few of us here don't really mind that... Sorry, it was just too tempting! :biggrin: But you're right, this dress was designed to fit her perfectly at the age of 16 and obviously her body has changed since then, now she's a grown up young woman. But hey, she's always looked beautiful at every age and I think she's happy to still be able to wear this dress tastefully. (And we're happy too to see her wear it...) :wink:
I understand…🥰🙃