2022 CS US International FS Classic Men's Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2022 CS US International FS Classic Men's Free Skate

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kevin had the highest pc's. I think his score was low.
He did, and deservedly so.

He also had a pretty significant technical deficit to start with, and at least one of his jumps was very two-footed and could have gotten called for a downgrade.

To be honest, the protocols should be interesting. I thought it would be close, could go either way, but not with the margin that it did.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
I mean you really can't argue the TES mark. Those jumps weren't around. It was incredible that he held on. PCS wise they did give him the win by like 5 points (it wasn't enough.. he should have had a 10-point buffer over Ilya) but it wouldn't have changed the final result. So, whatever...
Well you can also go and subtract 15 marks off Ilia for offending artistic fans or whatever and he'd still win!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I mean you really can't argue the TES mark. Those jumps weren't around. It was incredible that he held on. PCS wise they did give him the win by like 5 points (it wasn't enough.. he should have had a 10-point buffer over Ilya) but it wouldn't have changed the final result. So, whatever...
I’m not only disgusted by 1 and 2. I’m also disgusted Jimmy Is behind Mark. I’m just disgusted in general.
Also disgusted by no replays.

readernick

Medalist
Well you can also go and subtract 15 marks off Ilia for offending artistic fans or whatever and he'd still win!
Asking for accurate judging doesn't mean someone was offend by a performance. I admire both Ilya and Kevin. I just wish the judges accurately rewarded each for their different strengths. That didn't really happen here but , it didn't change the final result so it's nothing to be too offended about.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Asking for accurate judging doesn't mean someone was offend by a performance. I admire both Ilya and Kevin. I just wish the judges accurately rewarded each for their different strengths. That didn't really happen here but , it didn't change the final result so it's nothing to be too offended about.
I hear you but I think advanced tech totally offends a certain subset of people!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

:scratch2:

I'm certainly not “offended” by Ilia. I don’t know that Kévin did enough to win this event. But he should have scored higher, IMHO.

Advanced “tech” doesn’t offend me. Because for me, advanced tech includes wonderful spin positions, excellent choreo, inventive step sequences, all of which are incredibly technically difficult. Which the scoring system does not reward as well as jumps, which are also technically difficult.

and jumping off and not directed at your post, I like Kévin’s costume. But that’s just me. :)

yesterday

Record Breaker
ISU trying to make scoring fair(er):

200.webp

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:scratch2:

I'm certainly not “offended” by Ilia. I don’t know that Kévin did enough to win this event. But he should have scored higher, IMHO.

Advanced “tech” doesn’t offend me. Because for me, advanced tech includes wonderful spin positions, excellent Choreo, inventive step sequences, all of which are incredibly technically difficult. Which the scoring system does not reward as well as jumps, which are also technically difficult.

and jumping off and not directed at your post, I like Kévin’s costume. But that’s just me. :)
I think Ilia should have won. But Kevin's scores were too low. That was at least a 160 skate.