2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Pairs Short Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Pairs Short Program

GGFan

Record Breaker
I appreciate that this team is ambitious. They landed their sbs triple sals and while the throw loop wasn't landed it was huge. He's also really flexible. I don't love this material but I'm looking forward to seeing them in future seasons.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love it. I cannot with toupees. I find it brave and honest. I wonder if an ice dancer could pull it off given how aesthetically focused that discipline is.

There is a focus on aesthetics on figure skating, isn't there?

If I'm remembering correctly, there were comments made (not here) regarding Rudy Galindo skating with facial hair in 1996. I seem to recall commentators talking how it was "part of the costume", but he kept it after that season.

GGFan

Record Breaker

If I'm remembering correctly, there were comments made (not here) regarding Rudy Galindo skating with facial hair in 1996. I seem to recall commentators talking how it was "part of the costume", but he kept it after that season.
Oh I just mean that it's next level in ice dancing. Like you literally will not move up in the world if you don't have the look.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The set-up to their throw jump displayed a level of telegraphing that would have impressed Samuel Morse.
200w.gif

Carol1

Medalist
Bright blue and black is such a handsome color combination. The only thing I would add would be pleats to the pants, but I don't know if that would be aerodynamic.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
9 Sonia Baram/Daniel Tioumentsev
She in hot pink, he in what else black. Bla bla Cha Cha
huge 3tw 3, 3s, th3lo, lift4, unique ds4, well done combo spin, she bumps into him on footwork. Liveliest presentation from her that I’ve seen

Brenda_Bottems

On the Ice

Indeed, even if some pretend aesthetics don't matter.

I think Rudy's facial hair was quite handsome and distinguished. But imagine if he were bald with that facial hair? Goodbye world bronze medal.