Skaters that you feel would be great in the future and have never reach their full potential | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skaters that you feel would be great in the future and have never reach their full potential

Spiralgraph

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I don't think anyone would be upset if you brought up pairs or dance teams that fit the bill... Pairs : since you mention it, i already have 3 or 4 in mind... but will not steal your thunder ;)

Okay then. I have a couple of pair teams:
The first pair team I thought of was Tiffany & Johnnie Stiegler. Enormous charisma and performance ability, (especially Tiffany) the sister and brother team made a big splash in the junior ranks. But once they became seniors, injuries and the inability to do the triples consistently hurt their chances to go as far as I hoped they would. I'll try to find a link for them later on.

Also Keauna McLaughlin and Rockne Brubaker, lots of potential as they were former junior world champions and US champions but they came apart at 2010 US nationals and finished out of the podium. She was very young at the time and she left competitive skating afterwards. In my mind I can see the picture of her walking away from the rink in great distress.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Amber Corwin (USA)-First US lady to land 3-3 combo in the SP in 97 at Nationals. Was working on quad toe loop at one point. She had the whole package. She also had amazing costumes that she designed. She retired in 2006 to attend fashion school and supposedly worked in the fashion industry.

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's Gracie Gold for me she had everything to be a world and Olympic champion. As it is she had a very good career but it could have been more. Since the days of Michelle and Sasha Gracie has been the most talented skater to come along since they retired and she had everything to win but she was never really able to put it all together just flashes of greatness.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I think there's one name we can mostly agree with: Joshua Farris. That Ed Sheeran SP was beautiful. One of my favorite SPs of all time. 2013 WJC, 2015 4CC silver medalist, 2015 US bronze medalist. Too many concussions.
Oh Joshua.......I remember seeing him as a Junior and declaring him the next big thing. After he won Junior Worlds, he seemed to improve every year. Give Me Love and the amazing contrast of Schindler's List showed his amazing versatility as a performer. He was at the apex when those concussions took him out.

Last edited:

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Alena Kanysheva, Nastya Tarakanova, Kseniia Sinitsyna, Polina Tsurskaya

Sinitsina, for sure. Soo artistic, and her choreo is so fluid, she is a first class dancer on ice. Her lines are great too, shes very stable and very complete. Its just the tougher elements which she struggled with.

But, shes working on triple C recently from what I've heard, and she hasnt seemed to gain much size in age so she could still be in her physical prime for this sport.

Excited to see her this season; she might still put up some great scores!

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
Amber Corwin (USA)-First US lady to land 3-3 combo in the SP in 97 at Nationals. Was working on quad toe loop at one point. She had the whole package. She also had amazing costumes that she designed. She retired in 2006 to attend fashion school and now works in the fashion industry.

Amber Corwin attended college while she was competing, finally graduating a couple of years after she retired. I don't think she ever worked in fashion. She doesn't now. Coaches part-time and is a full-time mother.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I mentioned Rika Hongo at music thread. I think she deserves to be mentioned also here. Two 4cc bronze and 6th at WC are not bad, but she did not make it Oc and then something happened.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Amber Corwin attended college while she was competing, finally graduating a couple of years after she retired. I don't think she ever worked in fashion. She doesn't now. Coaches part-time and is a full-time mother.
Then she may have previously or while in college b/c that's what her biography and wiki even state.:shrug: Either way, the whole point of the post was that she didn't reach her proposed full potential in the competitive skating world.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Well, Jeremy was SO GOOD, and if he recreated his Nationals program at the Olympics he would have been Oly champion. Yes, he achieved alot, but he could have been OGM. So frustrating as a fan of his.