2023 Skate America Women's Free Skate | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate America Women's Free Skate

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Overall, SkAm was a great way for me to start the skating season.

Congrats to all the medal winners! :)

Not sure what events I can watch with the time differences, but I should be here for SkCan!

See you then!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just seen the replay - don't think that judge liked the ending to Loena's programme! 😂 If looks could kill...

I hope she gets some feedback after this comp. Point one: knock that crap off. Point two: Less posing and dancing in place.

It's clear she likes this type of music/program, and although not my cup of tea, I won't ding her for that.

withwings

On the Ice
I mean...the outfit is hideous, the music is just noise and there is a lot of weird hand waving.
But if that's what she likes? Who am I to judge.

GREAT JOB LOENA
I am more than sure it is not what she really likes. It is how her choreographer Adam Solya wants her to look and Loena, fortunately or unfortunately, unconditionally trusts the guidance.
Anyway, I am soooo happy for Loena!:clap: she is such a humble soul and loves figure skating from the deeply inside, from the very core. GREAT JOB LOENA!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Overall, SkAm was a great way for me to start the skating season.

Congrats to all the medal winners! :)

Not sure what events I can watch with the time differences, but I should be here for SkCan!

See you then!
It'll be pacific time. So it'll be 3 hours behind the timezone NYC is in.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Surprise bronze for Niina - I wonder if anyone had her in that spot for predictions. Congrats to her!

Sadly, Amber pulled an Amber and wound up in 5th place, where I had her in my predictions. My heart breaks for her, especially since the flip toe and the 3A were so good in the first half. However, I am so sick of hearing "Exogenesis" especially twice in this Women's event, I wish she could skate to something less familiar.

Isabeau did particularly well, but she needs to do something with her layout if she wants to get over 140. I don't love her jump technique but she seems to get the job done in defending her silver medal from last SKAM.

I was happy to see Hana pull herself up to 4th place - she was one of my faves from last season's JGP, although I preferred her programs from that year.

And of course, congrats to Loena on her victory here. I'm not loving her music or packaging this season, but she looks to be in great shape and back on her game.

Last edited: