2023 Cup of China Women's Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023 Cup of China Women's Free Skate

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
my philosophy will always be: if you don't have something nice or at the least respectful to say, don't say anything at all, and if you don't enjoy the event, then don't watch, or at the very least don't complain: you're the one who chose to watch. Yes, it has been a rough event, but that happens regardless of who is or is not competing. Skaters compete to be the best versions of themselves, and sometimes that doesn't happen because they are human. :)

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
The first group started out pretty well with no falls (if I remember correctly), but 2nd group.... I hope the top 3 can bring it!

Niina looked more exhausted here than she was in SkAm, same in her SP too. But still a pretty good skate for her, a bit sad as I was rooting for her to podium again!

Last edited:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
This was a decent skate for Niina with two 3Lzs, should safely take the lead, especially given her advantage over Schizas after the SP. Niina can pull off both classical and modern. I stan versatile skaters so I'm a big fan. 😁 Shame about flips, likely won't land on the podium here.

Joekaz

On the Ice
Just after some girl may have hurt herself is not the moment for mean-spirited gloating. Show some decency.
I'm simply stating reality. I'm not gloating, not a fan of the Russians. But they did push people to excel. They also pushed people to injure themselves trying to compete with them, however.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Hana YOSHIDA 🇯🇵
Shakuhachi, La Terre Vue Du Ciel by A. Amar

3A< (stepout)
2A+3T
3Lo
FCCoSp4
3F
3Lz+3Tq (holds on)
ChSq1 +0.50
3Lz
3S+2A+1T+SEQ (turnout)
CCoSp4
StSq4
SSp4

FS: 139.32 (1st)
TOT: 203.91 (1st)

I know Mie Hamada is a problematic coach but her team has some of my favourite FS programs of the season, including this one. It's so unique and I love it. She's representing (I believe) a crane, and the poses and music just work so well. What an amazing skate for her, in so many different ways.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'm simply stating reality. I'm not gloating, not a fan of the Russians. But they did push people to excel. They also pushed people to injure themselves trying to compete with them, however.
Some people forget the many hard falls some Russian skaters would take... Some GS fans even had "names' for such falls. Not every single Russian skater was stellar and flawless.