2023-2024 Russian Nationals Jumping Championships | Page 59 | Golden Skate

2023-2024 Russian Nationals Jumping Championships

icewhite

Record Breaker
Overall Popov had a great competition, he was not the one I expected that from.
And Muravieva looked pretty good. I am much more excited about her than about the younger teenagers who I would rather not talk about too much and let them develop a bit more in peace.

Caliban

On the Ice
1705844997685.jpg

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Yes, you're definitely right about expectations. That can take down anybody.

But being overtly emotional isnt really correlated one way or another with mental strength. Its just how you express yourself. Muravieva is also a crybaby but has demonstrated the highest level of determination and fortitude.

Kostyleva doesnt cry and lie on the ice, she cries then gets even more invigorated and goes for the next attempt even harder - I've seen it consistently. She is a classic fighter. The strong quiet type is very rare with our young girls, I can think only of Shcherbakova. The rest are all strong but very expressive.
Funnily enough, when Mura was younger I don't think she cried very much, I don't even remember her crying when she was all alone at Jr Nationals. With her, it seems like she cries now because she has more motivation to do well, and because she has a shoulder to cry on.

With Lena, I'm not quite so sure of that. Either way, we won't know until many years into the future, if even then.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I mean I don't know if they could feel the arm was okay, but it's so strange and actually upsetting me some people cannot understand that some people are genuinely worried for kids. Like, are they never?
Without X-ray? In 10 seconds they looked at her over the boards? She comes to the coach in pain, interrupting performance. In regular competition it's -5. This is just a show. Both teams win something. Everyone is having fun. Why the heck risk the athlete's health, why gaslight her that she's just a crybaby? What for? Ignoring injuries is a wrong approach, because it only leads to worse injuries, and in figure skating the worse injuries are life altering. The coach's actions make zero sense, totally unnecessary and, like, pathological. The most important thing is to teach the athlets when it is necessary to stop the performance, and that’s not it.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Overall Popov had a great competition, he was not the one I expected that from.
And Muravieva looked pretty good. I am much more excited about her than about the younger teenagers who I would rather not talk about too much and let them develop a bit more in peace.
Its really interesting to me how few people seem to care about Petrosian, one way or the other at all.

Skating91

Medalist
You should have seen reddit yesterday, on every video of Bazyluk's 4-1-4 historical brilliance: "Eteri will rot" "Eteri wont see heaven" "Poor girl"... absolute quotes of exact comments, these people are demon possessed.

There is a lot of undiagnosed or misdiagnosed mental illness out there these days even in real life you need to be careful. Scary people making these kinds of comments.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I like that he had reasonable content. No stupid 4F/4Lz attempts.
He overall looked the opposite of stupid. Super-happy for him.

I also looked closely at slo mo. He does have legs not tightly grouped as he enters some jumps, but they do snap together before landing. Hope he can correct it even more as he goes on. He is in the Spartakiad, right?

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
You should have seen reddit yesterday, on every video of Bazyluk's 4-1-4 historical brilliance: "Eteri will rot" "Eteri wont see heaven" "Poor girl"... absolute quotes of exact comments, these people are demon possessed.
Personnally, i gave up on reddit when posters threw hate on 13yo Inga Gurguenidze for winning a JGP bronze, despite her representing Georgia. Saying things like "Russia has always to ruin everything", because she was apparently training in Russia (curiously i've never seen the same about Gubanova while she is very much a product of Russian training system and is Russian in everything but on the passeport she uses for FS).
That site is satan's trunks.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Its really interesting to me how few people seem to care about Petrosian, one way or the other at all.
And to think she could have been the first world champion for Armenia, making history and amazing the world, making her community proud and basking in their love. Sad, sad... if only RusFed had the athlets' interests at heart, Petrosyan might have amounted to something actually great. Now, she's second to a 12 yo in a jumping tournament.... hurray?

icewhite

Record Breaker

I suppose I don't really know what to do with her in my head. Is she super tiny because she's just that way or will she grow and lose everything she has? She has flexibility and precision in her movements, but her skating skills don't impress me. She seems like a nice girl, but I guess I couldn't say much more about her. I guess they have not really given her an image yet. What is she, sweet, elegant, strong, funny, sporty, youthful...? I also haven't read any interesting interviews from her yet, but that may very well be due to the language and not much coverage now in non Russian media.
With Muravieva I feel I see an almost adult skater. With Petrosyan I just don't get that feeling yet.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
And to think she could have been the first world champion for Armenia, making history and amazing the world, making her community proud and basking in their love. Sad, sad...
She wouldn't get the same PCS and GOEs with Armenia.

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
He overall looked the opposite of stupid. Super-happy for him.

I also looked closely at slo mo. He does have legs not tightly grouped as he enters some jumps, but they do snap together before landing. Hope he can correct it even more as he goes on. He is in the Spartakiad, right?
He didn't qualify for either the Spartakiade or RusNuts, unfortunately.

thatdarncat

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Personnally, i gave up on reddit when posters threw hate on 13yo Inga Gurguenidze for winning a JGP bronze, despite her representing Georgia. Saying things like "Russia has always to ruin everything", because she was apparently training in Russia (curiously i've never seen the same about Gubanova while she is very much a product of Russian training system and is Russian in everything but on the passeport she uses for FS).
That site is satan's trunks.
Yeah Reddit is a cesspit, people these days seem to look for reasons to be outraged.