2024 Four Continents Women's Short Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2024 Four Continents Women's Short Program

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ava, by far my favorite of the US ladies this year. Great skate. Very Kaetlyn Osmond-like. I still have no idea why she skipped US Nationals and missed out on a chance of getting named for Worlds.
She said she was dealing with a hip injury. I think maybe she wanted a little more time to heal?

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Honestly, I kind of get Ava's decision. I know skipping Nationals is a poor precedent to set, but if you're gonna have Nationals less than a week before 4CC, don't be surprised when half your team pulls out of 4CC or Nationals. Ava may not want the pressure of Worlds, and instead is opting for a longer off-season to mentally and physically prepare for the next two years and a home Worlds. With Lindsay's injury she is likely to be the top US woman here and could snag a medal. Not a bad deal, imo, but again, maybe that's just me.

Kris135

On the Ice
Ava, by far my favorite of the US ladies this year. Great skate. Very Kaetlyn Osmond-like. I still have no idea why she skipped US Nationals and missed out on a chance of getting named for Worlds.
Mayne she could not miss two straight weeks of school. She is still in highschool. Also asking her to skate at Nationals then this with maybe 72 hrs turn around is a lot to ask for. So she made the common sense decision to skip Nationals for this because she needs the WR points more than a national medal at this point in her career.

Rebecca Moose

toots
On the Ice
Country
United-States
after all the excessive dramatics about event scheduling, all 3 american women go clean! based on the discourse last week, I would have thought they would be too exhausted to skate, much less skate better than nationals...

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
21. Lindsay THORNGREN 🇺🇸
Windmills of Your Mind by Venus

3Lzq+3Tq
2A
FCSp4
3F!q
LSp4
StSq4
CCoSp4

SP: 64.11 (4th)

This program is brilliant, it's such a shame Lindsay is dealing with injury. She's never been the strongest with jump rotation and I have to imagine time off the ice doesn't help her strict international calls. Regardless, all three of the US women have looked incredible tonight. She got ANOTHER time violation now, this is I believe her third in three competitions :palmf:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Honestly, I kind of get Ava's decision. I know skipping Nationals is a poor precedent to set, but if you're gonna have Nationals less than a week before 4CC, don't be surprised when half your team pulls out of 4CC or Nationals. Ava may not want the pressure of Worlds, and instead is opting for a longer off-season to mentally and physically prepare for the next two years and a home Worlds. With Lindsay's injury she is likely to be the top US woman here and could snag a medal. Not a bad deal, imo, but again, maybe that's just me.
Judging from Ava's skate it was a good decision for her.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
after all the excessive dramatics about event scheduling, all 3 american women go clean! based on the discourse last week, I would have thought they would be too exhausted to skate, much less skate better than nationals...
Well Ava didn't go to Nationals....

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Re: Kim

That’s got to be one of the lowest 2a I’ve ever seen.

figureskatingandrainbows

Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
22. Chaeyeon KIM 🇰🇷
Pantomeme, Lillies of the Valley

2A
3Lz+3T
FCSp4
3F
SSp4
StSq
CCoSp4

SP: 69.77 (2nd)

In isolation, Chaeyeon is brilliant, but she does seem a touch juniorish in performance here simply because of the high level of the other women so far. It's just little details, like extending on the landings a bit more, that is going to take her from great to incredible. This is definitely my preferred of her two programs, and I am so excited to see her develop as a skater over the next few years.