2023-24 Russian Challenge | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Challenge

KhinSuShein

Rinkside
Wow ! Sofia Muravieva become all of sudden become an adult woman I think, she is so beautiful. I dont understand what she said , but i feel that she become so emotional.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Why would he? Malevich was born in Russian Empire and live in Soviet Union.
But is this about Soviet culture or Russian culture?

I would perhaps agree with you if there wasnt strong evidence that he specifically made it clear he identified with Ukraine.

It is surely fair to call Horowitz a Russian pianist - he accepted this title happily. But in this case it is out of place.

People will make it a bigger deal than it is, but its still just wrong and unthoughtful.

Skating91

Medalist
Last year was so much fun. This is just sadness. No disrespect.

It would be like an American themed demonstration competition and it's 9/11 programs, or a Japanese themed one about Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Mathematician

Medalist
Well I think if someone took, for example, Masquerade Waltz, if would be approved. In general, the problem of such theme is certainly unclear where are the borders. It will always be controversial.
I think the circumstances make it unbelievably obvious where the borders are.

Skating91

Medalist
If she had the knee slide power & spiral stability like Petrosian and more flexibility on the Bauer it would be almost a certainty she finished with a gold today.

She ended the skate impeccably. Perhaps one of the best that I've seen in fact.

It was an inspired program, it had creativity and originality she executed perfectly. If she doesn't win it means there are some really good programs to come.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia

Mathematician

Medalist
It was an inspired program, it had creativity and originality she executed perfectly. If she doesn't win it means there are some really good programs to come.
I think the only real risk of her losing at this point is Mishina/Galliamov. Frolova will be interesting to see but its unlikely in my opinion that she will beat what Mura just showed us.

Surely an asterisk on the gold today in any case without Petrosian and perhaps worth mentioning the artistic master Akateva as was the case all season.

I wont be sticking around for the 2nd half of contestants and not really paying attention to most of these programs honestly.