2014 Worlds - Men Free Program | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Men Free Program

bixby

Final Flight
There should be no COr anymore. Just have it on their own...

BIAS JUDGES AND BIAS FANS (PEOPLE).

Not good for the sport!

koheikun90

On the Ice
What a year for Brian Orser!!!! He has to GPF Champ, European Champ, Olympic Champ, Jr. World Champ and the World Champ. 5 for 5. Could have gone 6 for 6 if Hanyu entered 4cc's.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Aw what a cute and warm hug between Hanyu and Fernandez! I love they are really friendly with each other despite being rivals at the rink and in competition.

aschiutza

On the Ice
Three spots (<13)= Japan (3--wow!); United States (13)
Two spots (<28 or top 10 for 1 entry) = Spain (3rd with one skater); Russia (4th with one skater); China (7th with 1 skater); France (props! Mr. Bessenghier with 9th); Czech Republic (26--- Brezina gets 16 points for making the FS + 10th for Verner) and Canada (23)

Oh dear, when i wanted to be happy that next year will get to see Pitkeev and One of Voronov / Menshov / Gachinski (i still have faith in him , i know i am tha last one).

makaihime

Final Flight
The crowd was amazing when Javi came out :laugh:

People's going to have their opinions but it could have gone either way. It was too close. Personally I felt that the PCS were well deserved because of the technical difficulty of Yuzuru's program. It came down to a 1.22 point difference. Its all a matter of opinion. And Yuzuru's monstrous TES was 6.08 higher than Machida's so I feel that his Gold was rightfully EARNED. :biggrin:

If he landed his jumps in usual Yuzuru fashion that TES score would have soared way past 100, I don't doubt it could have even been 105+change.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I was scared to say it until someone else did. Not a particular fan of any of them but there was not much program to Hanyu's program and nothing was clean. Don't like Machida's program either but there was a program there and I thought he skated with the most verve but you can't deny Hanyu's accomplishment under that pressure and apparently injured as well to go out there and stand up and he did show up as olympic champion, don't see that often, in a close call I think anyone in his shoes would have gotten the nod. Congrats to them both.
Not a fan of both Hanyu and Machida's free skate. They are both uninspiring to me. So who get the higher TES won, I think it's fair.

Now I have to shut up all about the tediou.....weird costumes they are wearing. :cry: because I made a promise if Hanyu win worlds with THAT Juliet program, I will not complain about his choice of costume anymore. The kid killed me. I care so much for the costume.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
And oh hey, props to Machida for his first world medal.. AT HIS FIRST WORLDS! :clap: I hope this will cement the fact he's not a second tier skater in Japan anymore.

I don't think he is second tier, but I doubt much will change for him. Kozuka also won silver at Worlds before and look where it got him. Time will tell if Machida can continue his success. I wish he will, but his star power just isn't really there, imho. But congrats on the Silver and it was SOOO close.

unpoko

Rinkside
Hanyu got only 0.20point deduction for that slooopy 3lz-halfloop-3salchow. :rolleye:

Machida was robbed.:bang:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
What a year for Brian Orser!!!! He has to GPF Champ, European Champ, Olympic Champ, Jr. World Champ and the World Champ. 5 for 5. Could have gone 6 for 6 if Hanyu entered 4cc's.

Wow. I didn't realize that. I just have fun watching him. He should get a medal for Best Coaching Reactions.

qwertyskates

Medalist
I'm glad Hanyu won, Machida is a workhorse, but Hanyu is a better skater overall. Neither Machida nor Kozuka has what Hanyu's got, especially Kozuka is rather "off" from the music.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ach! Takahito was one place away from me getting all of the Top 5 correct in the Predictions Game (albeit in the wrong order)

全ての日本男児におめでとうございます!

And, of course, congratulations to everybody else, especially Javi! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

EDIT: Hang on - the results page says Abbott is in 4th?! I thought the graphic on the TV said he was in 5th! So, it wouldn't have mattered to my predictions if Kozuka had got 5th - he would have been knocking another of my points scorers (Kovtun) out.

DaveT

On the Ice
Not a fan of both Hanyu and Machida's free skate. They are both uninspiring to me. So who get the higher TES won, I think it's fair.

Now I have to shut up all about the tediou.....weird costumes they are wearing. :cry: because I made a promise if Hanyu win worlds with THAT Juliet program, I will not complain about his choice of costume anymore. The kid killed me. I care so much for the costume.
Agreed. Now for my 32 minute nap. I'll be productive today.

Suzzie

Rinkside
Three spots (<13)= Japan (3--wow!); United States (13)
Two spots (<28 or top 10 for 1 entry) = Spain (3rd with one skater); Russia (4th with one skater); China (7th with 1 skater); France (props! Mr. Bessenghier with 9th); Czech Republic (26--- Brezina gets 16 points for making the FS + 10th for Verner) and Canada (23)

thanks a lot, now everything is clear

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
EDIT: Hang on - the results page says Abbott is in 4th?! I thought the graphic on the TV said he was in 5th! So, it wouldn't have mattered to my predictions if Kozuka had got 5th - he would have been knocking another of my points scorers (Kovtun) out.

Fourth in the FS, not fourth overall.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Wow. I didn't realize that. I just have fun watching him. He should get a medal for Best Coaching Reactions.
He imitates his students' jumps and moves when they are performing all the time. We should make a collection of his reactions.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
It's so nice that all the guys are so happy, Gooffy and friendly in the Medal ceremony

I finally like Machida ^_^ (A bit) He seems very happy and privilidged

Please have more Championships in Japan