2024 Europeans: Pre-Game Chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2024 Europeans: Pre-Game Chat

TimSparkle

Rinkside
Hi! Just a random comment/question. In Facebook, I have a habit of reporting and blocking those annoying competition thread replies that seem to be spam. You know those advertizing some live streams, in every major event. I wonder if it's any useful and if others do that too?

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This will be a difficult watch for me as it is way out of my time zone. Sending best wishes and wellness to Kevin, Matteo and Hocke/Kunkel Shout out to Allison Reed & Saulius A. who are skating at home!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hi! Just a random comment/question. In Facebook, I have a habit of reporting and blocking those annoying competition thread replies that seem to be spam. You know those advertizing some live streams, in every major event. I wonder if it's any useful and if others do that too?

Oh, don't talk to me about spam on Facebook.

I got locked out of Facebook 3 years ago, and didn't have a chance at the time to get it unlocked. And then I found that I wasn't missing it, so didn't bother. But, recently I wanted to contact somebody, so I decided that the start of the New Year would be a good time to get it unlocked.

I am admin of quite a few groups, and when I returned, I found that the spammers have got onto 3 of them (there could be more, but I have only discovered it with 3 so far). You do not want to imagine how many spam posts had built up after 3 years of not being dealt with! :eek: I started into removing the spam posts and banning the spammers, but no sooner did I delete one spam post, than another spam post would arrive. I was working at it for hours, and wasn't even getting as far as the backlog!

After a few days, I found out that you can pause groups to give yourself a chance to catch up. So that is what I have done to those 3 groups. But, the thought of trying to clear the backlog of spam really scares me.

Why do they do it?!

CaroLiza_fan

icewhite

Record Breaker
It seems it's getting a lot "warmer" now in Kaunas. Light minus degrees, might even slip into very low plus temperatures.

lambielfan

Rinkside
Hi everyone!

We read on the website of the competition that practices are closed but we heard many fans complaining about this decision. If anyone has information about some changes that public finally are allowed to watch the practices please share it with me. 🙏🏻

Thank you so so much!

icewhite

Record Breaker
Such a pity the practices are happening behind closed doors, not just for the fans who are there, but also in general. There already isn't much attention for this event, and this does not help to create a slight hype.