Pairs FreeJan 111pmPeacock
Rhythm DanceJan 125:45amPeacock
Men's FreeJan 1211amPeacock
Men's FreeJan 121pmPeacock
Women's FreeJan 136amPeacock
Free DanceJan 1311:30amPeacock
Free DanceJan 131pmPeacock
Exhibition GalaJan 149amPeacock

The Peacock tiles are up, and you can add them to My Stuff for easy later searches. All events are covered live and are available for replay for about two days.

USA Television Schedule​

Times are Eastern.

DateEventTimeChannel
Jan. 10European Championships: Men's Short Program1 p.m.E!
Jan. 11European Championships: Women's Short Program11 a.m.E!
Jan. 11European Championships: Pairs Free Skate1 p.m.E!
Jan. 12European Championships: Men's Free Skate1 p.m.E!
Jan. 13European Championships: Free Dance1 p.m.E!

RECAP ON NBC
Jan. 14European Championships12* p.m.NBC

Check local TV schedule. Times sometimes are changed there.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
When the ISU tiles come up, would someone, anyone, please post the links here?

As a USA person, I can't even see the tiles, let alone use them, but I would like to add the appropriate tiles to the event OPs.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The links are for the USA - don't know why it says Unavailable - they are correct.

January 10
Pairs Short 0600am
Men Short World Feed 10:15am
Men Short 0100 pm

January 11
Womens Short 0615am
Pairs Free World Feed 1200pm
Pairs Free 0100pm

January 12
Rhythm Dance 0500am
Men Free World Feed 1100am
Men Free 0100pm

January 13
Women's Free 0600am
Free Dance World Feed 1130am
Free Dance 0100pm

January 14
Exhibition Gala 830am

thatdarncat

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Hoping to watch on the ISU stream, its a good job I read this, I thought Europeans was in a couple of weeks, it seems earlier than usual.

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
It's diabolical here in the UK.Not on Eurosport.Discovery Plus which I signed up to last season are not showing it :mad: What are we to do ?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It's diabolical here in the UK.Not on Eurosport.Discovery Plus which I signed up to last season are not showing it :mad: What are we to do ?

The World Feed coverage on the ISU YouTube channel should be available to us. But, the links haven't been put up yet.

I too am still very annoyed that British Eurosport isn't showing any skating any more.

CaroLiza_fan

CelticRose22

Rinkside
I saw there was no coverage on British Eurosport but wondered if Discovery+ were streaming it. I don't have that (only so many streaming services you can pay out for) so I'm glad they aren't as it least the ISU Feed should be available to us; with no geo-blocking.

I wonder who will be commentating for the ISU - Mark will be busy with Dancing on Ice and I think Ted might be commentating on Canadian Champs.

Given we are hosting the event in 2 years time; I hope there is more broadcasting interest then. I plan to be attending at least some of the event in Sheffield and at current rate it might be easiest way to see it.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I saw there was no coverage on British Eurosport but wondered if Discovery+ were streaming it. I don't have that (only so many streaming services you can pay out for) so I'm glad they aren't as it least the ISU Feed should be available to us; with no geo-blocking.

I wonder who will be commentating for the ISU - Mark will be busy with Dancing on Ice and I think Ted might be commentating on Canadian Champs.

Given we are hosting the event in 2 years time; I hope there is more broadcasting interest then. I plan to be attending at least some of the event in Sheffield and at current rate it might be easiest way to see it.
I hope there's more broadcast interest at this event - especially with a potential medal (again) in ice dance.

jorge2912

On the Ice
Country
Chile
Thanks you for share where can I watch it .

i bet Canadians can watch on the isu feed but i also bet that with Canadian nationals it may be a bit much.... will try to catch my frangi
Yeah, they would be watching in 2 screens simultaneously 🤣 and isn't kidding .like stock markets broker analyst or like customs engineer ,lol .

Also will watch both but it would be a mystery. What watch first if I watch it later and not live stream (thinking that Chile are + 4 hours difference with Europe) , maybe will try to watch while commute Euros and pay attention to the forum and the Twitter of golden skates..

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Eurosport lost the UK broadcasting rights for figure skating at the end of last season. The rights went to ViaPlay, who have since decided that they didn't want them. No-one seems to have the UK broadcasting rights now. The advantage of this is that we should get to watch for free on the ISU youtube channel, like we did with the senior GP series and both the GPF and JGPF.

I do have concerns about Worlds though... the BBC only ever show the final group of the free programmes as a highlights thing. If that counts as them having the UK broadcasting rights for Worlds we could be screwed then. I can't remember whether I watched last years Worlds on Eurosport or on the ISU channel.

thatdarncat

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Are BBC not showing the Europeans at all? I have checked the BBC Sport website but there is no sports schedule for this week, their coverage is always so inconsistent, you would think now we have a decent medal hope they would be showing it and with the Europeans in Sheffield coming up, but maybe not.

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
@thatdarncat BBC haven't shown Euros for ages. I don't think they care about figure skating at all. Not even on the website. The last figure skating news items were Lilah and Lewis missing out on a medal on 25th March and then Malinin's quad axel the day after. They didn't even have anything about L/L winning NHK trophy.

NaVi

Medalist
@thatdarncat BBC haven't shown Euros for ages. I don't think they care about figure skating at all. Not even on the website. The last figure skating news items were Lilah and Lewis missing out on a medal on 25th March and then Malinin's quad axel the day after. They didn't even have anything about L/L winning NHK trophy.

I'm going to use your comment here as a springboard to give my thoughts on how figure skating is organized.... so I'm not really responding to you in particular.

How does a journalist even explain the significance of the NHK trophy to someone who isn't a figure skating fan and do it in a way that would make them care? It's a semi-elite competition with a somewhat random conglomeration of skaters in which skaters must do well in another competition in order to make it final which has the most elite competition. Their best shot is to just call it a Grand Prix and let people fill their imaginations.

I like the Grand Prix but I think it's a complete failure when it comes to garnering outside media attention.

A big thing lacking in figure skating are middle level competitive contexts that matter both to people in figure skating and outside figure skating... especially sponsors. In lower profile sports, the only events that really matter to the media are those that find the best in the world, region, or nation. The reason is that even people who don't know much about the sport can still have a vague idea about the level of competition and who those competitors are when given those contexts. Figure skating has way too many events with a random conglomeration of skaters without a context that gives the event significance.

We have 4CC and Euros but we're not really building many local stars(for lack of a better term) with those events. The reason is that in order to build stars there is a level of repetition that is needed throughout the year. At best we're just bolstering the profiles of very top skaters.

This is why I feel the Grand Prix should be replaced by a few tournaments with some kind of competitive differentiator(like how tennis has different surfaces) where the qualifiers take place within regions(for instance, perhaps US+CAN, EU sans RU, RU, Asia). I think outside media and sponsors will care about these events much more than the grand prix events and it would help create local stars which I think is extremely important when a few countries dominate an event on the global level.

I've heard that Canada doesn't even have a broadcasting partner for nationals and in this thread someone said that there are rights issues in the UK for ISU events. Canada especially should be a wakeup call that something structurally needs to be done to make figure skating a better sport for the media to cover. The media especially likes local winners but it's impossible to guarantee local winners on a global level where there is so much competition. Which is why I believe a greater focus on regionalism is important to make figure skating's popularity more broad instead of siloed up in a few countries.

I wrote more on the idea of replacing the Grand Prix with multiple tournaments with regional qualifiers here.

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
My television guide has the women’s short and pairs free times reversed from what I see above for the USA schedule with the women’s short at 1 p.m. and pairs free at 11:00 a.m. Eastern on 1/11/24 on E!