2014 Lombardia Trophy | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2014 Lombardia Trophy

gold12345

Medalist
Don't think so. He's always been a major headcase. It's unfortunate because he's really great when he can keep it all together. I hoped this season would be different...well, it's still early.

But Amodio avoided attempting 3Lz or 3F all together here. Perhaps that's just because it's the beginning of the season and he doesn't have everything straightened out yet, but it was odd. Hopefully he's not injured.

auser

Record Breaker
Moris KVITELASHVILI (RUS)

Grey vest, white short, lavender tie, one black glove

3A
4T - stepout, hand down
2S
CCoSp3p
StSq
2S+3T
3Lz+3T - fall
3F - turnout
3Lo+1Lo+3S - stepout
3S - fall
FCSp
CSSp

Thank you again for your excellent pbp. Do you know who is doing choreo for KVITELASHVILI? I thought the music choices were interesting even if the cuts seemed excessive.

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
That's because they tend to be robotic. Russia is still waiting to have a great set of athletes in this discipline.

I've noticed that with the RUS women too (except maybe Radionova?) I do hope Adian 'warms up' to the discipline. I liked his skating but he's just so frigid :|

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Grant HOCHSTEIN (USA)

Red wine shirt over red shirt, gold details

Music: Don Quixote by Leon Minkus

4T - fall, maybe <
3A+2T
--- stream froze
CCSp
StSq
3A - fall, maybe <
2Lz
3Lo
FSSp
3F
ChSt
3T - bit scratchy
CCoSp3p

FS: 62.35/71.10-2.00 = 131.45 (PB), 204.37 (PB), 2nd (out of 11)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Adian is shy, he's aware of the issue with his expression. He's only 16, there's lots of time to improve that part.
Is it just me or Adian's costume should be very suitable and classy for a...firebird program? :biggrin: I mean I am so fed up with all the literal firebird costume so something looks more abtract might be a fresh air. I know he is not skating to firebird but...:p

bramweld

Record Breaker
Is it just me or Adian's costume should be very suitable and classy for a...firebird program? :biggrin: I mean I am so fed up with all the literal firebird costume so something looks more abtract might look interesting. I know he is not skating to firebird but...:p

Really liked his costume:popcorn:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Richard DORNBUSH (USA)

Dark blue/greyish costume, red accents

Music: Yellow by Coldplay; Viva la Vida by Coldplay

2T
3A
3Lz - 'Rippon
StSq
FCSp
3A+3T
3Lz+2T+2Lo
CSSp
3F*+2T*
3Lo
3S
CCoSp3p

FS: 76.92/81.00 = 157.92 (PB), 237.28 (PB), 1st (out of 12)

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
^2t was a planned 4t wasn´t it? Oh Ricky what do you this to me?

This is gonna be a win for Mura, unless he has a meltdown

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Is it just me or Adian's costume should be very suitable and classy for a...firebird program? :biggrin: I mean I am so fed up with all the literal firebird costume so something looks more abtract might be a fresh air. I know he is not skating to firebird but...:p

Ji Hyun BYUN skated to Firebird in the Ladies' competition and I liked her dress

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Takahito MURA (JPN)

Black suit w/ silver lapels, white shirt

Music: The Phantom of the Opera, incl "The Music of The Night" (vocal)

4T - low, free foot down
4T+2T - maybe hand down on quad
3A
FSSp
StSq
2Lo<<
3A+2T
3F - e
CCSp
3S
ChSt
3Lz