2014 Lombardia Trophy | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2014 Lombardia Trophy

gold12345

Medalist
I really enjoyed the program aside from the music ... oh Coldplay. :laugh: Am I the only one?

Nope, not the only one. That was a rather strong skate for Dornbush though. The problem on the loop really hurt Mura. And he had a lvl 1 spin with -GOE.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I liked the music cuts to Michael's POTO better too but this had better choreography (imo, but I'm not an expert!) :)
Agree, I think Morozov (really want to use the ...zombie suffix here but I am not willing to get a warning about language) has good sense in the music cut, but his choreography recently tend to be very outdated.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I have never seem a deduction for late start, I love Ricky "Disco" Dornbush. He´s my favorite American man, but I feel for Mura, wanted him to win this one for his family. Anyone knows what the money prize are?

Maybe is he have done the 3LO instead of the 2LO....

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
Agree, I think Morozov (really want to use the ...zombie suffix here but I am not willing to get a warning about language) has good sense in the music cut, but his choreography recently tend to be very outdated.

I tend to like Morozov's music cuts too and Michael's POTO music for the step sequence plus the choreography takes me back to Daisuke's POTO for some reason. Not entirely the same, but similar. (Or I'm just imagining it because of the hand movements.)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
A lot of the juniors in the JGP had deductions for late start. I think they only get 30 seconds now and it used to be a minute (correct me if I'm wrong)

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
I have never seem a deduction for late start, I love Ricky "Disco" Dornbush. He´s my favorite American man, but I feel for Mura, wanted him to win this one for his family. Anyone knows what the money prize are?

Maybe is he have done the 3LO instead of the 2LO....

I think his "late start" basically cascaded bad vibes for his whole performance, as if they got overly critical of him :\ (not saying he was flawfree either, and I didn't think he took so long to start either, less than 30secs!). I'm still bewildered, but Ricky Dornbush did well tonight (because COLDPLAY. haha.)

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Why the heck does ISU rejoice in putting a plethora of stupid rules, such as this one or counting the doubles in Zayak rule?
They are making the sport less and less understandable to the untrained eye.

yuki

Final Flight
A lot of the juniors in the JGP had deductions for late start. I think they only get 30 seconds now and it used to be a minute (correct me if I'm wrong)

I think so too, I seem to remember they lowered the time limit recently.
Mura wouldn't have won even without the time deduction. Congratulations to all the medalists!
Sequinsgalore, thank you for taking the time to do the PBP. You were great, as always. :thumbsup:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I tend to like Morozov's music cuts too and Michael's POTO music for the step sequence plus the choreography takes me back to Daisuke's POTO for some reason. Not entirely the same, but similar. (Or I'm just imagining it because of the hand movements.)
I have to say, Morozov tends to recycle old programs. :p
He has an outdated taste, just like Tat, no wonder. Their classic programs are still good, but usually too heavy and over-dramatic.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Richard DORNBUSH (USA)

Dark blue/greyish costume, red accents

Music: Yellow by Coldplay; Viva la Vida by Coldplay

2T
3A
3Lz - 'Rippon
StSq
FCSp
3A+3T
3Lz+2T+2Lo
CSSp
3F*+2T*
3Lo
3S
CCoSp3p

FS: 76.92/81.00 = 157.92 (PB), 237.28 (PB), 1st (out of 12)

Curious. . .if he had only done the 3F, and no 2T he could have still got credit for the flip right?

I don't see any other flips at all so. . . basically he did something harder and that made it worth zero on a technicality?

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
Why the heck does ISU rejoice in putting a plethora of stupid rules, such as this one or counting the doubles in Zayak rule?
They are making the sport less and less understandable to the untrained eye.

Agree. What was wrong with the original 60 seconds to get ready anyway?

In any case, congratulations to the medalists. Now I shall go back and watch all that I've missed. Gotta watch the Coldplay hehe.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I wonder where Brezina would have placed if he didn't have to withdraw. With so few there, I thought Florent had an easy shot at a medal...oh well.

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
I have to say, Morozov tends to recycle old programs. :p
He has an outdated taste, just like Tat, no wonder. Their classic programs are still good, but usually too heavy and over-dramatic.

Glad to see my observations somewhat verified -- I was wondering if I was just looking too much into Michael's FS and subconsciously just associating his POTO with Daisuke's because well, Morozov POTO. haha.

yuki

Final Flight
Curious. . .if he had only done the 3F, and no 2T he could have still got credit for the flip right?

I don't see any other flips at all so. . . basically he did something harder and that made it worth zero on a technicality?

Yes. The Zayak rule for doubles is fairly new, so it's possible he didn't have a contingency plan for doubling the quad.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Yes. The Zayak rule for doubles is fairly new, so it's possible he didn't have a contingency plan for doubling the quad.

Could be lack of plan. . . just seem they could just give him credit for a 3F and call the 2T a GOE deduction. . . that still penalizes the skater (not that I really think they need to be, but someone does) but give at least some credit for what was done. Couldn't the 3F alone be the plan? or are we assuming he wanted more points than that? I wonder if the "plan" was to do a 3T if not a 4T. . . and then things unraveled from there.

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
Could be lack of plan. . . just seem they could just give him credit for a 3F and call the 2T a GOE deduction. . . that still penalizes the skater (not that I really think they need to be, but someone does) but give at least some credit for what was done. Couldn't the 3F alone be the plan? or are we assuming he wanted more points than that? I wonder if the "plan" was to do a 3T if not a 4T. . . and then things unraveled from there.

Well at any rate he's got nothing to worry about now for this competition since he grabbed gold, but moving forward Ricky would be able to have a back up plan for this, I'm sure.