2014 Nebelhorn Trophy | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2014 Nebelhorn Trophy

samson

Medalist
A nice skate for Alex and a personal best again! I was impressed to see he had the lutz half loop flip combo even if the flip was two footed, since he's still in recovery from his injury. Still this program has a lot of potential and I'm really looking forward to seeing him at the Skate Canada Classic.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Sergei VORONOV (RUS)

Black ripped shirt, pleather pants, gloves.

Music: Caruso by Neal Schon; Come Together by Marcus Miller; At Last by Kenny G; Big Time Boppin’ (Go Man Go) by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

4T
2A
3T+2T
3Lz
FCCoSp2p
StSq
3A
3S
3Lo+2Lo+2Lo
2A
CSSp
ChSt
CCoSp3p

Can't really take his packaging serious (music, costume)?!

FS: 68.60+70.16 = 138.76, 210.05, 1st (out of 10)

samson

Medalist
You know, Alena's short program this year is a perfect example of everything good about Russian programs when they think outside the box for a concept and really go after it - Sergei's long program is a perfect example of when these concepts, often with lots of musical cuts and a bold costume are almost offensive they are so lacking in taste.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Michal BREZINA (CZE)

Blue velvet jack with gold details over white shirt, grey pants

Music: The Marriage of Figaro by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

3A - bit forward
3T
4S+2T
FSSp
StSq
4S - fall (or was it 3S?)
3A+2T
3Lz
CCoSp3p
1Lo
3F+1Lo+2S
ChSt
FCCoSp3p

A different style for Brezina, but good for him for doing something else. Ambitious layout, too.

FS: 75.37+75.84-1.00 = 150.21, 228.48, 1st (out of 11)

kalle

On the Ice
This is the first program in a very long time that I liked for Michal!
He get such a good pop in his jumps, too bad about the mistakes though..

charmblade

Final Flight
I'm glad I'm not the only one left confused about Voronov's music/costume choices. :think:

Whoever is doing Michal's costumes this season is rocking it, he looks great in both programs! I thought this was pretty good, fall on the quad aside. I have always liked Michal and I think he has good programs and good packaging this year. Hoping for many medals for him this season!

caitie

Medalist
You know, Alena's short program this year is a perfect example of everything good about Russian programs when they think outside the box for a concept and really go after it - Sergei's long program is a perfect example of when these concepts, often with lots of musical cuts and a bold costume are almost offensive they are so lacking in taste.

ITA.

I thought Brezina was really good. A couple mishaps, I guess, but he did such a good job of keeping up the performance in spite of them I almost forgot they happened.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Konstantin MENSHOV (RUS)

Grey shirt, black gloves and pants

Music: Tango en Silencio by Ara Malikian

4T+3T - hangs on
3T
3A - turnout
3Lz
CCoSp3p
3A+2T - turnout after 3A
3S - turnout
3Lo+2T
FSSp
ChSt
2A
FCCoSp3p

FS: 71.27+69.16 = 140.43, 211.03, 2nd (out of 12)

moon

On the Ice
Alexander Johnson. Now here is a young man that can skate. I know that everyone loves Jason Browns joie de vivre but Alexander is smooth and performs every bit as much but I feel in a more mature and refined way. Marvelous blade work. I will be keeping an eye on this one. The US is lucky to have these two.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Jason BROWN (USA)

Beige pants, cream shirt w/ green shawl, brown leather belt+boots

Music: Tristan and Isolde by Maxime Rodriguez

3A
2A
CCSp
3Lz+1Lo+3S - 'tano on lutz
FCCoSp3p
3Lo
StSq
3A+REP - twofooted. Looked at least < in replay
3F+3T
3Lz - nice lunge split entry
ChSt
2A
CCoSp3p

Except the 2nd axel, a very solid skate. Some jumps were a tad tight/smallish, maybe...

FS: 67.74+85.84 = 153.58, 237.17, 1st (out of 13)

bixby

Final Flight
Jason BROWN (USA)

Beige pants, cream shirt w/ green shawl, brown leather belt+boots

Music: Tristan and Isolde by Maxime Rodriguez

3A
2A
CCSp
3Lz+1Lo+3S - 'tano on lutz
FCCoSp3p
3Lo
StSq
3A+REP - twofooted
3F+3T
3Lz - nice lunge split entry
ChSt
2A
CCoSp3p

Except the 2nd axel, a very solid skate. Some jumps were a tad tight/smallish, maybe...

He is something else. WOW! WOW WOW!