If you could pick any of the current ladies to represent your country | Golden Skate

If you could pick any of the current ladies to represent your country

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
If you could pick any of the current ladies to represent your country who would it be and why? Explain your choice:)And also, if this skater did represent your country, what kind of future she would have among the field?

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Great thread! :)

At first I thought Ashley, of course, but then I decided I wouldn't wish that to any lady. Apparently there's something in the water here that makes ladies pop their jumps on a regular basis :biggrin:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Still I would keep Brooklee and Kailani.

Though I think Liza would look well in green and gold.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Still I would keep Brooklee and Kailani.

Though I think Liza would look well in green and gold.

Nah, she would look better in red, white and blue! :biggrin:

And I think it's pretty obvious why! ;)

As for explaining how she would do against the field, I actually did that a year and a half ago, the last time I tried to get her to switch to my country...

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...es-and-country&p=796535&viewfull=1#post796535

Oh, how foolish do I look now saying she should leave Mishin?! :rolleye: :eek::

Can I just add, although I did suggest Ireland in that previous post, I don't think Liza would suit wearing green and white. She suits darker colours. And red dresses... :love:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

lyverbird1

Final Flight
I wouldn't mind seeing Jason Brown with an Irish tricolour beside his name. I would however like if Riverdance did not appear in the repetoire again if that was the case. His interpretation was absolutely sensational but it's becoming overused and cliched a little for me and can you imagine the layering of cliche if ever a skater representing Ireland did it?! :hopelessness:

And in the ladies' division, I would say to Elena that there's too many ladies in Russia and that we'd welcome her with open arms! With her cheeky charm, she'd fit right in. :thumbsup:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh, how foolish do I look now saying she should leave Mishin?! :rolleye: :eek::

You were not the only one saying it, so you are not alone!

I never lost faith that my Princess would become Queen, and I will never lose faith that the Lost Prince will become King...

Rissa

Record Breaker
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva. Because she wins and she's very likely to often win in the future. In my country having successful athletes is crucial to the development of a sport.

Her future? She'd going to continue winning, of course.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't really pay attention to nationality.

I'm American, but my alltimefavorite skating heroes also include Soviet/Russians, Brits, Canadians, Japanese.

So, I guess I'd keep the ones we've got.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Elena, Julia and Mao! Julia could teach Polina to do a Biellman that won't make me cringe, Mao could improve Gracie's axel technique, and Elena could be adorable and get

Layback11

Record Breaker
Elena, Julia and Mao! Julia could teach Polina to do a Biellman that won't make me cringe, Mao could improve Gracie's axel technique, and Elena could be adorable and fix her jump technique (IDK who she'd go to) AND make everybody start doing her magical twirly Biellman! šŸ˜ƒ

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Of course I would want to have the best skaters in the world-like Mao, Yuna, Liza Tuktamysheva, Julia or my favorites like Ashley. But I would like to give a chance to represent and compete at the Worlds and Olympics to skaters who won't have a big chance in their home country. I would love to have Alena Leonova. Now it will be more and more difficult for her to handle with all these young wonders, but she is still solid skater, who is able to compete at the very high level. She is not my favorite, but I felt very bad for her when she didn't have her best skate at the Nationals, and I think she is original and deserves a chance . I also like Liza Yushenko. We don't know yet how she would handle with competition in the seniors but she is a lovely skater, with nice presentation and she also has the jumps. Not as good as the others in Russia but much better than we have.

Sam-Skwantch

ā€œI solemnly swear Iā€™m up to no goodā€
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Elena, Julia and Mao! Julia could teach Polina to do a Biellman that won't make me cringe, Mao could improve Gracie's axel technique, and Elena could be adorable and fix her jump technique (IDK who she'd go to) AND make everybody start doing her magical twirly Biellman! šŸ˜ƒ
Oh my...what a fun team that would be with Mao as the captain. Too bad the skaters don't represent sponsors instead of nations or else we could see teams like this.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I like who I like and couldn't care less what country they represent. Why should I? But I guess it would be nice to have someone like Liza who can win everything, if that would mean less hype around certain other skaters who can't. Only if she gets to keep Mishin though.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
If you could pick any of the current ladies to represent your country who would it be and why? Explain your choice:)And also, if this skater did represent your country, what kind of future she would have among the field?

Mao. Because of her musicality, artistry, extension, versatility--the list goes on.

She would undoubtedly get picked apart by the U.S. media (just like Sasha was) for being "inconsistent" in competition and for every single tiny flaw that "ruined" the magic of her performance. In general, for not being Michelle.

So overall, it's better that Mao skates for Japan.:)

Tutto

Record Breaker
Nah, she would look better in red, white and blue! :biggrin:

And I think it's pretty obvious why! ;)

As for explaining how she would do against the field, I actually did that a year and a half ago, the last time I tried to get her to switch to my country...

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...es-and-country&p=796535&viewfull=1#post796535

Oh, how foolish do I look now saying she should leave Mishin?!

Can I just add, although I did suggest Ireland in that previous post, I don't think Liza would suit wearing green and white. She suits darker colours. And red dresses... :love:

CaroLiza_fan

No Liza can't leave Mishin as ''they are chained together till the end''
What about Anna P? She is only too anxious to leave Tsareva, Robin Cousins could make her a real star and I think she could fit better into Western life than other Russian girls (just an impression). if you are still a bachelor surely you can't have any objections to marrying stunning Anna and saving British figure skating and securing Anna's participation in every competition! Wait a second you have a dual citizenship so you could save an Irish figure skating too if you marry another girl for Ireland but no wait that would be a bigamy :)

Originally Posted by lyverbird1
I wouldn't mind seeing Jason Brown with an Irish tricolour beside his name. I would however like if Riverdance did not appear in the repetoire again if that was the case. His interpretation was absolutely sensational but it's becoming overused and cliched a little for me and can you imagine the layering of cliche if ever a skater representing Ireland did it?!

And in the ladies' division, I would say to Elena that there's too many ladies in Russia and that we'd welcome her with open arms! With her cheeky charm, she'd fit right in

I'd say she would! But my choice would be Anna Pogorilaya or Maria Artemieva
BTW I do like Jason but choreographically his Riverdance wasn't that great, IMHO. What Chris/Jayne choreographed for Dancing on Ice captured Irish dance a way better

Last edited:

pohatta

On the Ice
I know I'm being over practical, but right now I wouldn't pick anyone because Finland only has one spot for Euros/Worlds and there are too many missing out. Back when Laura & Kiira were injured and we had to fill two Worlds spots with subpar skaters, I would have picked Alyssa Czisny. (I know she did poorly in 2012, but she skated to Sibelius and I always liked her style.)

If I wanted someone to win Worlds and bring three spots for Helsinki 2017, I'd probably choose Lipnitskaya. I don't think she's done yet.

desertskates

Medalist
I'd like to bring little Lena Radionova to the US. I think that she's got a great future ahead of her, and is extremely consistent with a great ability to produce results. Plus, she got that sassy spunk that American audiences love <3

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No Liza can't leave Mishin as ''they are chained together till the end''
What about Anna P? She is only too anxious to leave Tsareva, Robin Cousins could make her a real star and I think she could fit better into Western life than other Russian girls (just an impression). if you are still a bachelor surely you can't have any objections to marrying stunning Anna and saving British figure skating and securing Anna's participation in every competition! Wait a second you have a dual citizenship so you could save an Irish figure skating too if you marry another girl for Ireland but no wait that would be a bigamy

Oh, Melissa! Thank you for making me laugh! :biggrin:

It's hard enough getting one girlfriend never mind two!!! :laugh:

Sorry but, beautiful though she is, I'm afraid that Anna P. is too young for a guy my age. Like, I'm already pushing it with Liza, given that she is 11 years younger than me!

Just in case people reading this don't realise, that old comment about marrying Liza that I was referring to was just a flippant remark to add some humour and positivity to what had become a pretty downbeat thread.

You know, looking back on that old comment, it shows how much I have changed in the past year. Back then, I did not see myself ever getting married. But now, if it was somebody I really loved, I would consider it.

And, yes, this "Road To Damascus" change of heart happened because I had fallen deeply for somebody. But, I was too slow to act, and she has moved on. :disapp:

Oh well! At least I can still dream about being the knight in shining armour that rescues the beautiful Queen Liza from the Lion's Den of Russian Ladies skating, and whisks her off to the Emerald Isle to become the saviour of figure skating in these islands... :cool:

:laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

noskates

Record Breaker
Gracie. I think she's picked apart on this forum but still has the best chance of bringing home medals of any of the current senior ladies. There are some coming up that I'm watching and Mariah Bell comes to mind immediately.