If you could pick any of the current ladies to represent your country | Page 2 | Golden Skate

If you could pick any of the current ladies to represent your country

Tutto

Record Breaker
Oh, Melissa! Thank you for making me laugh! :biggrin:

It's hard enough getting one girlfriend never mind two!!! :laugh:

Sorry but, beautiful though she is, I'm afraid that Anna P. is too young for a guy my age. Like, I'm already pushing it with Liza, given that she is 11 years younger than me!

Just in case people reading this don't realise, that old comment about marrying Liza that I was referring to was just a flippant remark to add some humour and positivity to what had become a pretty downbeat thread.

You know, looking back on that old comment, it shows how much I have changed in the past year. Back then, I did not see myself ever getting married. But now, if it was somebody I really loved, I would consider it.

And, yes, this "Road To Damascus" change of heart happened because I had fallen deeply for somebody. But, I was too slow to act, and she has moved on.

Oh well! At least I can still dream about being the knight in shining armour that rescues the beautiful Queen Liza from the Lion's Den of Russian Ladies skating, and whisks her off to the Emerald Isle to become the saviour of figure skating in these islands...

:laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Come on, Anna is 17 only 1.5 y younger than Liza. Think of the country! :)

What a sad story but they say everything happens for the reason, so for your romance ending that way it only can mean that the best is still to come...

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I wonder if this thread might be a bit more interesting with a slight turn of phrase. Rather than implying 'your country' (which assumes the country you have citizenship in, as well as the existing skaters already there), maybe opening it up might yield more fascinating analysis, such as:

"If you were to start your own new country on an island in the Pacific, which current ladies skaters would you choose to represent this new country?" ;) Just a thought, and a way of wiping the slate clean and forming your own fantasy team from scratch.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I wonder if this thread might be a bit more interesting with a slight turn of phrase. Rather than implying 'your country' (which assumes the country you have citizenship in, as well as the existing skaters already there), maybe opening it up might yield more fascinating analysis, such as:

"If you were to start your own new country on an island in the Pacific, which current ladies skaters would you choose to represent this new country?" ;) Just a thought, and a way of wiping the slate clean and forming your own fantasy team from scratch.

Ooh, fun!

Ladies:
National medalists (pewter included):
Asada, Gold, Radionova, Lipnitskaya

Others: Li, Bell, Chen, Miller, Park, Edmunds, Lecavelier

Dance:

National medalists: Shibs, W/P H/B, I/Z

Others: F-B/S

Pairs:

Natl. medalists: S/H, V/T, S/K, the other S/K

Others: D/F, A/S

I have no idea for the men's.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia

No, I meant to choose A skater like...SINGLE..one skater:D That's where I aimed..Sooo the interest would be whom would you choose for the country with the skaters that you already have. For example, Gracie to Russia. To make her sound Russian she would be like...Gracia Zolotaya:cheer: (means golden). If she were here and trained, as an example, in Buyanova's camps, there will be greaaaaaaat competition:popcorn: Adelina, Gracie, Radionova training together:love: Pushing each other even more) I think Gracie would have done better here, because THIS competition wouldn't leave her choice. Something like that. What do you think?)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
No, I meant to choose A skater like...SINGLE..one skater:D That's where I aimed..Sooo the interest would be whom would you choose for the country with the skaters that you already have.

Both angles have interesting dynamics, and didn't mean to :hijacked:

Picking one skater to 'steal' away from another country and add to your existing lineup could be interesting, especially with cultures and federation politics mixed in there... if you're from Japan, Russia, or North America, at least. If you're from a smaller country (or maybe you just don't care for many of the skaters representing your country), the idea may not seem as enticing to participate in. So that's why I tossed out an alternate scenario -- though it's all pretend and for fun, not a big deal.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'd love to see somebody like Hongo represent Canada. It's known for tougher, less "delicate" ladies skaters and I think her style would fit well here.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Probably Anna Pogorilaya, not that she's my fav lady in the field but I like her as a competitor and even if she's not always successful she tries to push the envelope and try new things with her programs. I don't want to see her get buried in Russia. Like she's good enough to compete with the girls in Russia but there's also a chance it might be her downfall. I would hate to see her competitive career suffer because she can't get out there internationally due to new up and coming skaters. I think she would benefit a lot in an environment that isn't so high pressure all the time (Canada). To a lesser extent I would also choose Yulia for the same reasons