Internet links for viewing skating | Golden Skate

Internet links for viewing skating

lyverbird1

Final Flight
Sorry if this is a topic that's been broached before, but I am very keen to see some of the events on the ISU calendar outside of those shown on TV in my part of the world - Ireland. Eurosport show the major GP events and the final and then the Euros and Worlds but with the season already going, I'd love the chance to see skaters that I may not otherwise get a chance to see at events like the Junior GP events, the Nebelhorn, Lombardia, Finlandia and Ondrej Nepala Trophy events and I would especially love to see the Japan Open - what a sensational line up there and a great chance for a sneak peek before the man GP events. A chance to see the nationals of some of the bigger countries like Japan, Russia Canada and the US would also be most welcome.

Therefore, I was wondering is there a link to an internet site that might show such events, whether it's with or without a subscription? I've looked through the ISU page but wound up at the Eurosport page through the links and I know they don't show those events as listed above. Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm sending you a PM, lyverbird1 - being Australian I am in much the same boat!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I'd love the chance to see skaters that I may not otherwise get a chance to see at events like the Junior GP events, the Nebelhorn, Lombardia, Finlandia and Ondrej Nepala Trophy events and I would especially love to see the Japan Open - what a sensational line up there and a great chance for a sneak peek before the man GP events. A chance to see the nationals of some of the bigger countries like Japan, Russia Canada and the US would also be most welcome. ...

- My #1 piece of advice:

Stay tuned to the OPs of the GS competition threads!!!!!
Doris (along with her partner in crime Mrs. P) is extremely diligent in including streaming information in the competition OPs (where they post all sorts of other handy links as well).
One of my pet peeves is seeing pleas for information at the bottom of a thread -- when the desired answers have been readily accessible in the OPs for days or even weeks, thanks to Doris.​

Doris is constantly updating the OPs, so keep checking back there.
(Sometimes the streaming information is not available until quite close to the beginning of the comp -- and Doris has started the threads earlier. So keep checking back.)

The obvious corollary to the above is that if the OP does not have streaming information, then it is worth checking further down in the comp thread.
If the streaming information comes to light very late, perhaps our trusty mods have not had a chance to add it to the OP.​

- If you were envisioning a "one-stop-shopping" site that will be streaming all the Challenger events, I don't think such a thing exists??

But Nebelhorn will have free streaming.
Finlandia had paid streaming last year.
I don't remember for sure re Nepela ... but I think it has had free streaming in the past??

Lombardia had free streaming last year. (Not a Challenger event this year, BTW.)​

- I hope you already know that the ISU is streaming all the JGP events for free.
The link to the JGP YouTube channel has been in OP of all the JGP comp threads :).

Last edited:

lyverbird1

Final Flight
- My #1 piece of advice:

Stay tuned to the OPs of the GS competition threads!!!!!
Doris (along with her partner in crime Mrs. P) is extremely diligent in including streaming information in the competition OPs (where they post all sorts of other handy links as well).
One of my pet peeves is seeing pleas for information at the bottom of a thread -- when the desired answers have been readily accessible in the OPs for days or even weeks, thanks to Doris.​

Doris is constantly updating the OPs, so keep checking back there.
(Sometimes the streaming information is not available until quite close to the beginning of the comp -- and Doris has started the threads earlier. So keep checking back.)

The obvious corollary to the above is that if the OP does not have streaming information, then it is worth checking further down in the comp thread.
If the streaming information comes to light very late, perhaps our trusty mods have not had a chance to add it to the OP.​

- If you were envisioning a "one-stop-shopping" site that will be streaming all the Challenger events, I don't think such a thing exists??

But Nebelhorn will have free streaming.
Finlandia had paid streaming last year.
I don't remember for sure re Nepela ... but I think it has had free streaming in the past??

Lombardia had free streaming last year. (Not a Challenger event this year, BTW.)​

- I hope you already know that the ISU is streaming all the JGP events for free.
The link to the JGP YouTube channel has been in OP of all the JGP comp threads :).

Just remembered that I omitted to offer my thanks for this info! Please accept my apologies, and my thanks! Now to see if I can locate the Junior GP event this week somewhere...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Just remembered that I omitted to offer my thanks for this info! Please accept my apologies, and my thanks! Now to see if I can locate the Junior GP event this week somewhere...

You're welcome, lyverbird :).

Can't tell whether you have found your way into the GS competition threads at all yet??

As noted above, the GS competition threads are where Doris and others always put information on streaming, if it is available.

As an example:
In the case of JGP Colorado Springs streaming this week, Doris has put the link to the ISU JGP YouTube channel in all of the OPs for the individual Colorado Springs segments.
[Plus for today's segments in Colorado Springs, even more specific links within the ISU JGP channel now are available and have been posted in their respective threads (thanks to CL_fan, who even gave you shout-outs ;)).
(I purposely am not re-posting any of the streaming links here, because I want you to see where they are in the comp threads.)]​

Doris and Mrs. P do a very good job of keeping the GS competition threads well-organized.
For any upcoming Challenger events that will have live streaming, the links eventually will be posted in the corresponding GS competition threads.
Same for non-Challenger events. Etc.; etc.

Last edited: