Aliona Savchenko & Bruno Massot | Golden Skate

Aliona Savchenko & Bruno Massot

billyspark

Rinkside
Hello:cheer:, I am watching the 2015 Nebelhorn Trophy pairs.
However, I could not stop wondering why Savchenko & Massot did not participate.:confused:
As I know, by the end of August 2015, the French Skating Federation released Massot to skate representing Germany.
Does anyone know what has exactly happened to them? :shrug:
I also heard that Massot had to pay A LOT of money for that :hopelessness:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Unfortunately you have wrong information. Massot was not released as they don't have so much money.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Sometimes I wonder, because it has oft said,that the Frech federation do not allow him to start or even give some Shows...

Didier gailhaguet wants 70000euro for Bruno's release.

The German federation askes the ISU to free Bruno and the ISU will decide at the meeting on Oktober...

At Aljona and Bruno's Facebook Page you can have a look on their improvements. Really nice and unique lifts and big twist.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I frankly don't hold out much hope that he will be released anytime soon. If they won't release Tiffany Z, who last skated for them 4 years ago and literally has 0% chance of finding a French partner (and who isn't even French herself and who only skated for France a handful of times total) what possible reason could they have to release him?

QuadThrow

Medalist
I frankly don't hold out much hope that he will be released anytime soon. If they won't release Tiffany Z, who last skated for them 4 years ago and literally has 0% chance of finding a French partner (and who isn't even French herself and who only skated for France a handful of times total) what possible reason could they have to release him?

My hopes are low,too. But perhaps there is the point that aljona has been a very successful skater and the pair would be really competitive internationally.

Pairs skating consists of three maybe four countries at the moment and the ISU must be interested in including more countries.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i'd tend to agree with that… there are tons of competitive dance teams… not so many in pairs… and of course, how can one deny a world champion???
My hopes are low,too. But perhaps there is the point that aljona has been a very successful skater and the pair would be really competitive internationally.

Pairs skating consists of three maybe four countries at the moment and the ISU must be interested in including more countries.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
The ISU will not allow the French slave trade to continue. If we've learned anything from history, it's that France does not win wars. Savchenko&Massot will be released from captivity.

Bless. xoxo

QuadThrow

Medalist
The ISU will not allow the French slave trade to continue. If we've learned anything from history, it's that France does not win wars. Savchenko&Massot will be released from captivity.

Bless. xoxo

:) I hope so. But France has got an easy war time enemy. Germany is the country which definitly do not win wars!

Mattieu

Medalist

Bless. xoxo

I am not sure the ISU is any better than the French Federation or they would've released Bruno when all this nonsense about asking for large sums of money began.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am not sure the ISU is any better than the French Federation or they would've released Bruno when all this nonsense about asking for large sums of money began.

Yes, I'm not really sure that under the current rules as they are written the ISU has the power to actually do anything without first changing the rules, but even if they do I'm not holding my breath.

hanca

Record Breaker
Oh, ISU does have power to do something even with the current rules, but doesn't seem to have any motivation to act.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
In this article http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/10/12/154133354, there's a small paragraph on the position from the French federation...

If I think it's awful that a career like Massot's is put to a halt because of a federation I understand a bit better their point of view....

the French have a hard time building their pairs program...they actually "import" skaters...so exporting one seems really counterproductive... but this being said, it's extremely sad for the individual who is penalized here....

moriel

Record Breaker
In this article http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/10/12/154133354, there's a small paragraph on the position from the French federation...

If I think it's awful that a career like Massot's is put to a halt because of a federation I understand a bit better their point of view....

the French have a hard time building their pairs program...they actually "import" skaters...so exporting one seems really counterproductive... but this being said, it's extremely sad for the individual who is penalized here....

I think they will come to a point where other countries wont release their skaters to France, easy like that... I mean, russia probably will not be soooo eager to release people to france after Zahorski nt getting a release, for example.
I would understand that explanation if they had a deep field, but they don't, and they just want to press Aliona into skating for france instead appearently.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think they will come to a point where other countries wont release their skaters to France, easy like that... I mean, russia probably will not be soooo eager to release people to france after Zahorski nt getting a release, for example.
I would understand that explanation if they had a deep field, but they don't, and they just want to press Aliona into skating for france instead appearently.

Yes I was going to say, and how do they think they 'import' skaters?? Through the grace of God?? No, in the vast majority of cases, another country releases those skaters that France is so eager to import. Refusing now to 'export' any skaters, especially one like Tiffany Z who France initially 'imported' i.e got England to release and then had no partner for, and continues to have no partner for, is not going to help France on its alleged mission.