2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 174 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

hanca

Record Breaker
Please RusFed send her to some great coach.

She is basically the russian version of Sasha Cohen, such a shame to see this talent wasted.

US would love to have a skater this strong.
She has attitude problem. Mishin has always been very good to his skaters. I have never heard a bad word about Mishin. If he asked her leave, her behaviour must have been pretty bad.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
How is Alena Leonova looking? I missed the SP but wasn't she at the NHK??

Never mind, I just found her SP from NHK. I love the way she performs and I know how hard it will be for her to make the team in Russia.. There are so many countries who would give their right arm to have her represent them and I truly hope she makes the team. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjVHHSWM3BQ
We finally received an answer on our question "Alena, why?" (why still skating) - she simply truly likes skating a lot. No morw no less she is a true "veteran" in the light of the age-emographics of Russian ladies field of late.. When Alyona skates clean, her face lights up with such joy, I think she even don't pay attention to the score much as she is more happy with a good clean performance.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think Russia's Nationals Junior is more prestigious and exciting to watch than Olympics. Seriously.

Just watched all young Russian ladies. Amazing. Such a cheerful and elegant bunch! I really don't understand now why I should bother with watching Olympic figure skating in February... :scratch:

Russian Nats, both - junior and senior ladies - are the most competitive, exciting and festive sport entertainments this winter. All girls are so great, yet with the own style, flavor and charisma. Amazing bloodbath. Amazing.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Polina Tsruskaya is the Michael Jordan of Figure Skating. Period.

Virtually no prerotation whatsoever. The most "honest" jumping technique. Should be in the text books for future generations. Polina is potential first stable ladies quad-jumper. She should try to learn quads this summer after Olympics.

hanca

Record Breaker
Tarusina also did great today. She took fourth place as previous Sakhanovich and Fedichkina. But with higher overall scores 190+. So the next stage is the last fifth stage of the Russian Cup. She almost got her ticket to the Russian Nationals. :clap:

I love your optimism, but Tarusina’s ticket to nationals is not certain at all. The skaters who qualified to the nationals through JGPF and skaters who qualified through having a GP event can compete at Russian cups, the same way as Panenkova, Samodurova and Kanysheva did at this fourth cup (even though they didn’t need to do this event because they are already qualified). And this fifth cup will be one of the last few opportunities to practice competing before nationals, you never know how many of them may decide to do extra practice run for the nationals. All it takes is five of them to compete and suddenly Tarusina is sixth and therefore out of nationals.

lavoix

Match Penalty
Polina Tsruskaya is the Michael Jordan of Figure Skating. Period.

Virtually no prerotation whatsoever. The most "honest" jumping technique. Should be in the text books for future generations. Polina is potential first stable ladies quad-jumper. She should try to learn quads this summer after Olympics.

Agreed! Or even triple axel. She must win Cup of America because we desperately need to see her in the final!

Has Alisa Lozko retired? Or is she back to singles?

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I love your optimism, but Tarusina’s ticket to nationals is not certain at all. The skaters who qualified to the nationals through JGPF and skaters who qualified through having a GP event can compete at Russian cups, the same way as Panenkova, Samodurova and Kanysheva did at this fourth cup (even though they didn’t need to do this event because they are already qualified). And this fifth cup will be one of the last few opportunities to practice competing before nationals, you never know how many of them may decide to do extra practice run for the nationals. All it takes is five of them to compete and suddenly Tarusina is sixth and therefore out of nationals.

You missed this post. Only Kostornaya and Panenkova are there. Well, judges can give inflated scores to ABBA just because she competed at Skate Russia, the same way as they overscored Samodurova yesterday because she won two JGP. I suspect this list of participants includes only Muscovites, but I don't think ladies from St. Pete (specifically Samodurova/Konstantinova) will compete there. So anyway Tarusina should be third or fourth.

And also you confused two Alenas! :disapp:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Okay, I rewatched Polina's FS and must admit the music is really beautiful. Also I just can't stop listening that sound after landing each of Polina's amazing jump. I repeated her part with the jumps starting with the single lutz about eighth times. And want more...

Summarizing I guess this is pretty nice Olympic program. They just need to cut this ugly stupid voice at the beginning, add to Polina's skating more transitions, work on artistry and work harder on the spins. She got 65 points for the PCS but I'm sure she will get 69-70+ at the GPF. Also more GOE on the spins and some jumps +2-3 points. So 147-150 points for the clean skating in the free is pretty close.

For now she needs to win SA and be super ready for the Russian Nationals. Buyanova is looking forward to take her spot if Polina shows any single weakness.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker

So much for the lies that Eteri first brought Polina to injury and then wrote her off as not promising any longer:

-- А что помогло тебе в действительности все преодолеть?

-- Было очень сложно. В психологическом плане, потому что одна травма следовала за другой. Это все накладывалось друг на друга. Я никак не могла начать тренироваться в полную силу. Как только пробовала работать как все, начинало что-то болеть. Но мне очень помогали мои родители, они всегда поддерживали меня. Тренеры всегда были рядом. Они никогда меня не бросали, даже когда я совсем пала духом. Да, было такое. Очень сложный момент. Но они меня вернули к жизни, дали силы.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
So much for the lies that Eteri first brought Polina to injury and then wrote her off as not promising any longer:

-- А что помогло тебе в действительности все преодолеть?

-- Было очень сложно. В психологическом плане, потому что одна травма следовала за другой. Это все накладывалось друг на друга. Я никак не могла начать тренироваться в полную силу. Как только пробовала работать как все, начинало что-то болеть. Но мне очень помогали мои родители, они всегда поддерживали меня. Тренеры всегда были рядом. Они никогда меня не бросали, даже когда я совсем пала духом. Да, было такое. Очень сложный момент. Но они меня вернули к жизни, дали силы.

Can you translate this, please?

moriel

Record Breaker
Can you translate this, please?

Polina:
Было очень сложно. В психологическом плане, потому что одна травма следовала за другой. Это все накладывалось друг на друга. Я никак не могла начать тренироваться в полную силу. Как только пробовала работать как все, начинало что-то болеть. Но мне очень помогали мои родители, они всегда поддерживали меня. Тренеры всегда были рядом. Они никогда меня не бросали, даже когда я совсем пала духом. Да, было такое. Очень сложный момент. Но они меня вернули к жизни, дали силы.

It was very hard. Psychologically, because one injury followed the other. It all overlapped. I couldnt start training at full force. As soon as i tried to work like everybody else, something started to hurt. But my parents helped me a lot, they always supported me. The coaches were always by my side. They never abandoned me, even when I was about to give up myself. Yes, it happened. Very hard moment. But they brought me back to live, gave me strength.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Polina:

It was very hard. Psychologically, because one injury followed the other. It all overlapped. I couldnt start training at full force. As soon as i tried to work like everybody else, something started to hurt. But my parents helped me a lot, they always supported me. The coaches were always by my side. They never abandoned me, even when I was about to give up myself. Yes, it happened. Very hard moment. But they brought me back to live, gave me strength.

:luv17:
Personally, I thought Eteris warm smile after Polyas skates said it all. And hearing that she thought about quitting skating just makes her skates at NHK even sweeter. What a strong young lady, hopefully she won't have to go through such rough times again. Can't wait to see her again at SA!

moriel

Record Breaker
Also I expect her to come even stronger for SA. After all, this was her first senior competition and all.