2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
Do I get it right that Rostelecom spot might be between Fedichkina and Sahanovich? They are the only ones we have no info on and they are not on JGP entry lists so far.

Do I get it right that Rostelecom spot might be between Fedichkina and Sahanovich? They are the only ones we have no info on and they are not on JGP entry lists so far.

The Rus fed made it quite clear that Sakhanovich, in their opinion, didn't earn it (?). Such a shame, I'd love to see her on int competitions again

Miller

Final Flight
So, I've encountered with very bad news for me:

1. 4T little monster cutie Anna Scherbakova got another injury. First it was her arm, now it's her leg. Very sad. I feel very sorry for her. Hope she'll be healthy soon.
2. Stanislava Konstantinova and Alisa Fedichkina staying in juniors.

Now I understand why RusFed gave two spots to Alena Leonova. Totally ridiculous.

Because of this bad decisions in juniors opened very bad situation with overload talented girls, and this is sad because many of them won't get chance to compete at JGP:

Gubanova
Tarakanova
Konstantinova
Fedichkina
Samodurova
Nugumanova
Lozko
Gulyakova
Panenkova
Trusova
Kurakova
Tarusina
Vasilieva
ABBA girl
Sherbakova (inj.)

And only 14 spots which means 7 places with good skating each girl. Ugh. :disapp:

9 of the ladies you listed are listed in the Austria JGP entry list - Gubanova, Tarakanova, Samodurova, Nugumanova, Gulyakova, Panenkova, Trusova, Tarusina, Vasilieva - http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03108167.htm. Presumably this is the JGP team for this year with 8 getting a 1st slot, 1 as reserve, and then the top 6 getting a 2nd slot and hopefully a chance at the JGPF.

Fedichkina and Konstantinova aren't in this list so are they really staying as juniors, or are they going to do challengers and try to get Senior GP slots this way, but with their main aim for this year being the World Junior Champs - presumably they'll need to do some sort of Junior competition at some time or other to get the minimum score?

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
9 of the ladies you listed are listed in the Austria JGP entry list - Gubanova, Tarakanova, Samodurova, Nugumanova, Gulyakova, Panenkova, Trusova, Tarusina, Vasilieva - http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03108167.htm. Presumably this is the JGP team for this year with 8 getting a 1st slot, 1 as reserve, and then the top 6 getting a 2nd slot and hopefully a chance at the JGPF.

Fedichkina and Konstantinova aren't in this list so are they really staying as juniors, or are they going to do challengers and try to get Senior GP slots this way, but with their main aim for this year being the World Junior Champs - presumably they'll need to do some sort of Junior competition at some time or other to get the minimum score?
Well, the reality is that if you win GOLD or SILVER, you are guaranteed a second assigment. Bronze is 50/50, depends on how others do with the aim of having as many girls in JGPF as possible. If you are not on the podium at 1st assigment, even 4th, you are most likely not getting 2nd assigment.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Konstantinova's coach did an interview saying she is staying in juniors.

Miller

Final Flight
Konstantinova's coach did an interview saying she is staying in juniors.

Yes, it's very interesting. If she's staying in juniors but is not doing the JGP then what competitions is she going to do. Only thing I can think of is that she/Alisa might get the Host Pick at Rostelecom and can you do the Junior GP and Senior GP in the same season? If not perhaps they're waiting until they've decided who gets the Host Pick and then one or both can skate on the JGP though it might be a little bit late, entries for the first 2 have already been announced and can't be too long before the others are.

moriel

Record Breaker
Also while people say Zagi is juniorish and unpolished and meh at the swan program, they forgot the work Eteri did with Polina T over one summer.

nikros

Rinkside
Fedochkina and Konstantinova are not in the list because they have a chance for Rostelecom GP. Test skates will show who is going to JGP and who is going to Rostelecom.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Before watching their programs, I'd say it is better suited for Alina: She has that "dark" fierce side I just know, perhaps some similar between her and Konstantinova, who was very good at that. Osmond is always either sweet or a little playful, and I hardly saw her "dark" side.

There will be 2 Black swans this Olympic season: from Osmond and from Zagitova. Unlike the Canadian Alina has to earn her team spot - competition is tough. But if she does it I am sure her Black Swan will be no less than fabulous:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXf9TWtAIJM/?taken-by=azagitova

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Before watching their programs, I'd say it is better suited for Alina: She has that "dark" fierce side I just know, perhaps some similar between her and Konstantinova, who was very good at that. Osmond is always either sweet or a little playful, and I hardly saw her "dark" side.

With all due respect I don't find Kaetlyn very balletic. Nothing wrong with that. I also found Gracie a bit awkward as a fire bird. Baiul set the black swan standard. Let's see how modern ladies fair against it this season.

Barb

Record Breaker

moriel

Record Breaker
With all due respect I don't find Kaetlyn very balletic. Nothing wrong with that. I also found Gracie a bit awkward as a fire bird. Baiul set the black swan standard. Let's see how modern ladies fair against it this season.

Sasha Cohen =)
Imho, Kaetlyn indeed is not, she is more of a athletic type, and probably should explore that side. Same for Gracie honestly, specially Gracie.
As for Alina, I'm mostly curious about how her FS evolves this season =D And how many people will be butthurt about it

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

I'd say Zagitova will have the ballerina/swan "look" down better than Osmond but Osmond sells performances and she has great interpretation. We saw some fire in her Carmen program and I am sure she will present a darker, fiercer side.

I don't think people would have expected Ashley to have had such a great Black Swan FS and hers is one of my all-time faves.

However I'm not a fan of skaters using previous Olympic winning performances ... so much music out there and everyone will just compare them to Baiul.