2017 Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy

bluelutz

On the Ice
I know some of them, but not all. Sometimes I realize the face of skaters instead of their name lol. I have already uploaded some videos. Please check it out, and offer some help to name the skaters. Thanks!

Thanks for the fast uploading:yahoo:
I identified most of skaters, look at the comment section,
except one Novice boy from the unknown country,
though it might be not very accurate on US skaters besides Audrey Shin.

bluelutz

On the Ice
Thanks a million!

You are welcome!
Now I am pretty much sure about US girls.
At first, I could not tell Hanna from Alysa since both of them are half Asian, which I assume,
and I have not seen Hanna's video for like last couple years.
However, I realized the music is different from Alysa's recent competition,
and Alysa's program is more back loading.
So that must be Hanna.
Also only one very White looking tall girl from US must be Stephanie
though it is still amazing to me how mature she looks as she is supposed to 12 years old.

And Japanese pair's guy's last name is Shibata, not Shivata. Please correct that.

Thanks again, I really enjoyed watching them!

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
I know some of them, but not all. Sometimes I realize the face of skaters instead of their name lol. I have already uploaded some videos. Please check it out, and offer some help to name the skaters. Thanks!

Thank you so much for recording and uploading all the practice videos! Really appreciate it! :thank:

Jr. Men's SP results: (Thank you to Albina on twitter: https://twitter.com/albina_fs/status/892648245674909698)

Sena Miyake (JPN) 65.48 (3A, 3F-3T, 3Lz) https://twitter.com/albina_fs/status/892621243911766016
Sung Hoon Park (KOR) 56.51 (3F-3Lo, 2A, 3Lzfall) https://twitter.com/albina_fs/status/892634747783987200
Jae Seok Kyeong (KOR) 47.97
Yuto Kishina (JPN) 47.93 :sad21:
Harrison Bain (NZL) 43.90
Darian Kaptich (AUS) 35.48
Giuseppe Triulcio (AUS) 33.35
Brian Lee (NZL) 32.64
Muhammad Dwi Rizqy Apolianto (INA) 32.07?
Calvin Pratama (INA) 29.78
Ho Yu Leung (HKG) 24.97
Yoshiyuki Issarangkul Na Ayuthaya (THA) 24.51

EDIT: Shot of judges score sheet of Top 4 https://twitter.com/albina_fs/status/892689256119795712

Congratulations to Sena on the clean 3A!
Yuto...:palmf: Please believe in yourself and comeback strong in the FS.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Just go to HeeYuHee's Twitter to look some pics of rink!
https://twitter.com/heeyuhee

Why, oh why Hong Kong federation has to do this to us?
Ugh. And the backlighting (daylight through the windows behind the skaters) is Not A Good Thing either, when trying to record video or take photos... -_-

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I have already uploaded some videos. Please check it out, and offer some help to name the skaters. Thanks!
Sorry, this must be a really stupid question... and I'm sure the answer is actually staring me in the face... but where are you uploading your videos? o_O

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
Sorry, this must be a really stupid question... and I'm sure the answer is actually staring me in the face... but where are you uploading your videos? o_O

Hi YesWay,
In case you haven't found it yet, the YT channel kittychung97 has been uploading videos to: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI-pTwM9hT_ztcY6QVQkXjA

Advanced Novice Girls SP results (Thank you again to Albina: https://twitter.com/albina_fs/status/892753718952599554)

Mone Chiba (JPN) 41.35 (3F-2T, 3Lz, 2A) https://twitter.com/albina_fs/status/892747559176884224
Stephanie Chiarochi (USA) 40.40
Alysa Liu (USA) 38.74
Chae Eun Noh (KOR) 38.26
So Eun Choi (KOR) 36.23
Mana Kawabe (JPN) 34.50
Cheuk Ka Kahlen Cheung (HKG) 34.13
Suqi Chen (CHN) 29.34
Pantaree Sutcharit (THA) 29.13
Tsin Nam Nicole Chan (HKG) 28.71
Kelly Elizabeth Supangat (INA) 28.05
Yu Wei Kuo (TPE) 27.45
Tzu Han Ting (TPE) 26.42
Atikarn Uersilapasarst (THA) 25.46
Yifan Zhang (CHN) 23.65
Ishita Kapoor (IND) 23.53
Charmaine Skye Chua (PHI) 22.27
Alara Su Ulker (AUS) 21.78
Emily Peak (AUS) 19.48
Pei Lin Lee (NZL) 18.23

EDIT: Results page http://www.hksu.org/event/aofst2017/index.htm

Looking over the SP results...wasn't expecting to see Kao Miura above Shunsuke Nakamura or Mone Chiba above Mana Kawabe.

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
OMG, thanks Kitty for the video! And thanks bluelutz for the names of the skaters :) you two are really quick~~

It's sad that Dabin can't take part, but it's also understandable, even if she is not injured, back to back competitions are very tiring, and totally understand with her family's issue... but she did well last week and wish her speedy recovery.

Congrats Sena on scoring 65.48, it's a good score for Jr. Man short. :agree:

bluelutz

On the Ice
Thanks a million!

The girl that I assumed Stephanie Ciaroch of US turned out to be Kailani Craine from Australia.
I am sorry for the error, and please fix that.
Since this video was categorized as the part of US practice session videos
I assumed this was Stephanie since she is only one tall White girl, but it is Kailani.
Sorry for the confusion!
:palmf:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I assumed this was Stephanie since she is only one tall White girl, but it is Kailani.

:laugh: Of all the epithets to describe Kailani, "tall" is not one I would use! Taller than Brooklee, yes, but they are both very tiny young ladies.

kittychung97

Spectator
I have already uploaded all videos shot on Day 1. Heading to the ice rink now. Hope I can find a good spot because I am a bit late today.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Is the Asian Open venue a shopping mall rink, where people can walk around, come and go as they want? If so, it does not seem very respectful for the skaters, or a good atmosphere for a competition.

FanOfTeamKorea

On the Ice
Advanced Novice Girls
1. Mana KAWABE (JPN) 6 1 112.99
2. Alysa LIU (USA) 3 3 108.34
3. Chae Eun NOH (KOR) 4 4 106.56
4. So Eun CHOI (KOR) 5 2 106.28
5. Mone CHIBA (JPN) 1 5 100.57
6. Stephanie CIAROCHI (USA) 2 6 98.65

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Congrats Sena for the gold at Jr. Men's event, his performance was solid, well deserved No.1. Sliver for Sung hoon park, bronze goes to Jea seak Kyeong.

Yuto miss out podium by 2 points, the gap in short was costly. But He did well at free, he did fall on the first triple combo, but the second one looks good, he got 98.25 for free, which is not bad. The Free music is a bit jazzy, I like it, but it might take some time for audience to warm up, because the music arrangement is not as catchy.

Sung hoon park's White and blue custume is lovely (it kinds of remind me of Hanyu's ballade no.1 1.0), his flow and moves on ice are very natural and smooth, jumps are relatively stable.

Sena have Les miserables as the free program's music, it mix and match some of the main frame songs from les miserables and give the program a relatively full body, some part of the music is a bit cheeky, and make me smile. Jumps are very stable, the triple combination are well executed, so is spins and step sequence, solid skating skill. I am looking forward to see how he would keep polishing the program in coming season. 189.7 combined total score is not bad for the first event in the new season! Go Sena :agree:

Something funny during the Jr. man metal ceremony :laugh:
When Sena approach the podium, he stop and hesitate, not sure if he could step on the podium... Because the podium is very narrow, when he stand on top of the podium, even his skates looks longer than the podium! Lol
We were so worry, when Sena, Park, and Kyeong all of to squeeze in the 1st place podium stage. :eek: They managed to do it, and the podium didn't collapse! :rofl:

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Is the Asian Open venue a shopping mall rink, where people can walk around, come and go as they want? If so, it does not seem very respectful for the skaters, or a good atmosphere for a competition.

It's is, I have to agree MegaIce is really sucks as a competition venue...:palmf: i was running everywhere trying to get a seat which I could see the skaters' whole performance (there are a lot of poles and objects between audiences and the rink and a lot of noise around the ice rink, because it's a shopping centre)
I would love to watch the competition in a ice rink that only accommodate the competition.

Ice skating wasn't as popular in Hong Kong, I really hope skaters from Hong Kong could do better, so the sport could get more attention, and then more funding from the government to build a proper ice rink, not only for figure skaters, but also for athletes in speed skating and other ice sports.

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
Junior Men final results:
1) Sena MIYAKE (JPN) 189.70 (Clean 3A-2T in the FS!:clap:) FS Periscope video links 1 2
2) Sung Hoon PARK (KOR) 163.99 FS Periscope video links 1 2
3) Jae Seok KYEONG (KOR) 147.93
4) Yuto KISHINA (JPN) 146.18 FS Periscope video links 1 2
5) Harrison BAIN (NZL) 116.60 FS Periscope video link 1
6) Giuseppe TRIULCIO (AUS) 107.24
7) Darian KAPTICH (AUS) 105.11
8) Brian LEE (NZL) 99.58
9) Muhammad Dwi Rizqy APOLIANTO (INA) 84.46
10) Calvin PRATAMA (INA) 75.30
11) Ho Yu LEUNG (HKG) 63.92
12) Yoshiyuki ISSARANGKUL NA AYUTHAYA (THA) 49.65

SP Result Details
SP Judges Scores
FS Result Details
FS Judges Scores

bluelutz

On the Ice
Ice skating wasn't as popular in Hong Kong, I really hope skaters from Hong Kong could do better, so the sport could get more attention, and then more funding from the government to build a proper ice rink, not only for figure skaters, but also for athletes in speed skating and other ice sports.

I have never seen any international competition that
skaters have to enter the rink through Zamboni exit,
and I wonder how judges are doing their job through those walls
though I think they do have their cam to see the details.

However, I believe Asian Open is meant for promoting Figure skating
in Areas/Countries where it is not very popular.
That is why it was held in places like Philippine and Thailand, and this time Hong Kong.
In that sense, it makes a perfect sense to have one @places like MegaIce.
So the people who are not familiar with ice skating can come in casually,
and watch top skaters' performances.
Maybe some of them are young kids who will start taking a lesson,
or young mothers who decide to send their kids to ice rinks.

Saying that, as a fan, the venue like this IS frustrating,
and also feel sorry for skaters too because they might not hear the applause for them much.

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker