Russian test skates 2017-2018 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Russian test skates 2017-2018

hanca

Record Breaker
So Polina is missing the test skates to give herself more time to learn her programs? But Zhenya and Alina will still be there?
Would the placement and/or appearance of skaters at this event lead to GP re-assignments or changes? Or will Polina still have her 2 spots, and other girls' already assigned spots still remain intact?
This is just to work out performance kinks of new programs, right? I know it's more important for the juniors and the JGP assignments, but not as sure about the seniors.
Junior assignments for JGP are at discretion of the skaters country. So for example, Russian fedration decides about which Russian skaters will fill out the spots that are allocated for Russia. Russian federation has 14 spots for ladies and can send there any junior eligible skaters, it can give 7 skaters two slots each, or 14 skaters one slot each (which would be pretty stupid because no Russian lady would get to JGPF), or any combination of ladies up to the 14 spots. The Russian federation can allocate the slots and then swap it any way they want to.

Senior GP is different. The skaters are invited by the host country, based on their past results. So if Russian lady (e.g. Tsurskaya) withdrew, it is not up to Russian federation to choose replacement. The host country would be choosing replacement, and it wouldn't have to be another Russian skater they would choose. GP events are also impossible to swap, so if Tsurskaya was injured, she can't swap with another Russian lady their eventsfor any later event.

bramweld

Record Breaker

Most excited to see;

Girls.
1. Medvedeva
2. Pogorilaya
2. Zagitova
4. Radionova

Boys.

1. Kovtun (for the eek factor, is he really ready for the season, but he may be a no show :()
2. Kolyada (to see if his work with Lambiel was worth it)

Pairs

1. Tarasova and Morozov (for the SP)

Dance

1. Zhulin Teams, S/K and B/S to see if their FD's are much better than their SD's
2. Kustarova Teams, Z/G and I/Sh (excited to see how they pan out)
3. P/M, to see if their S/D is as ready as their FD
4. E/B, the eek factor, is their Ave Maria ode to I/K any good? Isn't it just awkward for them, first they imitate V/M last season then I/K the next.
5. M/B; Morzov's daughter and Staviskaya's ex-partner. You can't make this stuff up.

russianfan

Match Penalty
Most excited to see:

Girls
Everyone!

Boys
don't really care

Pairs
don't really care

Dance
don't really care

:laugh:

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Most excited

Girls
Everyone

Men
Kolyada
I'd say Kovtun but I read he won't participate
Aliev
Samarin

Pairs
Don't care

Ice dance
Don't care

Mattieu

Medalist
Most excited to see;

Dance

1. Zhulin Teams, S/K and B/S to see if their FD's are much better than their SD's
2. Kustarova Teams, Z/G and I/Sh (excited to see how they pan out)
3. P/M, to see if their S/D is as ready as their FD
4. E/B, the eek factor, is their Ave Maria ode to I/K any good? Isn't it just awkward for them, first they imitate V/M last season then I/K the next.
5. M/B; Morzov's daughter and Staviskaya's ex-partner. You can't make this stuff up.

Do Stepanova/Bukin not exist for you Bramweld? ha ha

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I am already so excited to see new programs!!! Who are you looking forward to see most ?

Zhenya, Alina, and Elena!

Side note: is there a diminutive for Alina or is it considered too short to merit a diminutive?

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Zhenya, Alina, and Elena!

Side note: is there a diminutive for Alina or is it considered too short to merit a diminutive?
I'd say Alina is quite likely to be used in full, same as Alisa. Two diminutives I can think of for Alina are Lina and Alya, but I haven't heard anyone use them with respect to Zagitova.