2016-17 Russian Test skates | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Russian Test skates

moriel

Record Breaker
Seriously though, with he talk all these years about how Anna should leave her coach because of her mean face, hasn't Tsareva worked wonders with her??

Eteri gets most of the attention as a Russian ladies coach, but what Tsareva and Anna have done together is phenomenal. Remember how awkward she was a few years ago? Terrible spins? Arms and legs everywhere?

And now she's a queen. She's never been anyone's favorite young wunderkind like Yulia, Liza, Elena, or Evgenia, but she's gone at her own pace and progressed so well that she's surpassed some of them. Fingers crossed she has a better season than last.

And she is actually more consistent than most of the wunderkinds, overall (see Yulia and Liza, for example, see Adelina).
She managed to deliver at russian nationals and go to major events despite all the competition, for 3 years in a row.
She has no massive ups and downs (as in having a winner season and then a totally awful season).
She is steadily improving =)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Seriously though, with he talk all these years about how Anna should leave her coach because of her mean face, hasn't Tsareva worked wonders with her??

Eteri gets most of the attention as a Russian ladies coach, but what Tsareva and Anna have done together is phenomenal. Remember how awkward she was a few years ago? Terrible spins? Arms and legs everywhere?

And now she's a queen. She's never been anyone's favorite young wunderkind like Yulia, Liza, Elena, or Evgenia, but she's gone at her own pace and progressed so well that she's surpassed some of them. Fingers crossed she has a better season than last.

Anna has said in her interviews that she went through a bad period with her coach and really did want to leave, but they managed to sit down and talk it out and now they communicate very well. I think Victor Adoniev also deserves some credit for the improvements she's made over the past season.

And she's always been a queen to me. ;) I rather think some of the other girls you mention have been overrated and Anna underrated all along, apart from Evgenia.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
When Anna is on, she shoots to the top of my favorite list. Ever since her FS at Worlds 2014. :love: (should have been bronze medalist there I think)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker

Huh? At least here at Golden Skate Anna has had her fanbase from early on, just search the archives. I certainly preferred her to all those wunderkinds you mentioned.

If she hadn't been that young...She beat two Olympic Medalists, Sotnikova and Kostner in the Olympic Season at a GP event. Without any kind of PCS advantage. Her problems weren't so much the puberty changes (I assume they happened earlier for her), but her power, her strength . That's why she fell apart so easily, it just took the breath out of her. I admire this girl, she is tough and my bet for Gold in 2018. I think she can do it.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Arms and legs everywhere?
I still see it & find her style messy BUT at least she has a STYLE & you cant mix her up with some other skater!:hopelessness::hopelessness:

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
out of all the gals imo she's one of the most mentally grown up & its evident from her interviews. she may know much more than ppl can imagine. Being a teenage doesnt automatically mean she's shallow

"Shallow" is not my word for her obviously. What I am trying to say is that she is only a teenager who has seen very little of the world.

I just cannot take this LP from the bottom of my heart. Of course my personal opinion means nothing to her.

Biellmann

Match Penalty
Maybe with a controversial program, Evgenia gives Anna a chance to be the top Russian lady.

I believe with her new outfit, better camera shot, Both Evgenia's programs will look much better. Last year, Evgenia's programs, especially the SP, looked very boring at the test skate.

Her performance at Nepela Trophy also looked slow and boring. But she was stunning at Skate America weeks later.

I'm not an Anna fan but i think she could become russian champion this year- if she has a good day ofc

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
"Shallow" is not my word for her obviously. What I am trying to say is that she is only a teenager who has seen very little of the world.

I just cannot take this LP from the bottom of my heart. Of course my personal opinion means nothing to her.
its Ok everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion.
I didnt try to change :biggrin:
Just a comment how its a popular opinion that she isnt experienced enough to carry this.
I think she's able to but its too literal.

Biellmann

Match Penalty
Thanks for the clips and reviews!

Sotnikova: Music suits her well, but the program is very empty. It seems to me that her interpretation is based on lots of hand gestures and her feet are doing lots and lots of plain stroking only.

Lipnitskaya: Her performance looks rather mechanical to me, the same as in her sp.

Pogorilaya: WOW, I really love her interpretation of music!

Medvedeva: She sure is unbeatable...

Tuktamysheva: Is her posture so bad that she needs that white thing to hide it both in sp and lp???

How do you know? Just bc of that one performance? Many things can happen in the next few months :confused2:

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
Everyday I watch Gracie's and Anna's programs ... Looove them,their costumes, music,interptetations,jumps .

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
How do you know? Just bc of that one performance? Many things can happen in the next few months :confused2:

No, because of season 2015-2016 and in this performance she was unbeatable compared to her Russian peers.