2014 NHK Trophy Mens Free Skate 11/29 | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Mens Free Skate 11/29

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Congrats to Murakami for winning the Gold Medal, I did not see that coming!
This. Aside from Yuzuru making the GPF, this also totally made my day. What a wonderful FS! I so wish they could give him a joker entry to the GPF or something. :love:

Icey

Record Breaker
We don't have control of how skaters and their teams deal with a skater's injuries . No matter what any of us think, the skater will do what s(he) will do.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder are these Frank Carroll's first GP wins with one of his skaters since Evan? If so his skaters won twice in a matter of hours that's pretty crazy and cool at the same time.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I wonder are these Frank Carroll's first GP wins with one of his skaters since Evan? If so his skaters won twice in a matter of hours that's pretty crazy and cool at the same time.

Not that I know of. Denis Ten could've been the one if he would've not bombed himself in the free program at Eric Bompard. I wish Frank coach talented young US male skaters.

Rossig

On the Ice
Meomina, you keep repeating the same and the same. Do you really know more about Hanyu’s health problems than he himself and his team? If he hadn’t felt well enough to compete, he wouldn’t have. Just like you, I also don’t think GP is really that important event, but evidently for him it is, so just stop worrying about him in every post.

And I’m also sad that he qualified for GP final. Taking into account all his performances in this year’s GP, he simply didn’t deserve to.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn't see Josh skate what happened to his jumps? He is usually a strong jumper. In fact i've always wished that Jason had Josh's jumps because they are usually so big especially the 3 axel.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Taking into account all his performances in this year’s GP, he simply didn’t deserve to.
Call me crazy, but I think professional judges know what they're talking about. They gave marks, and these numbers simply say he does deserve it. ;-)

Rossig

On the Ice
Oh, yes, professional judges always know what they're talking about. It has always been like that and always will ;).

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Oh, yes, professional judges always know what they're talking about. It has always been like that and always will ;).

What was I thinking. Clearly you know better.
Don't be sad. This is what Yuzuru Hanyu wants. He is happy. edit, unless you were rooting for someone else, of course. ;-)

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Those surprised at Jeremy having level 2 or 3 spins here shouldn't be.
Not being a reliably good spinner is as big or a bigger flaw than lacking a reliable quad, IMO, but one surely cannot blame Jeremy for deliberately not getting spin levels here in NHK because Jeremy has never been a reliably strong spinner. When he is struggling with a program, his spins and even his step sequences suffer as well as his jumps.

Here he had two level 2 spins and one level 3 spin
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpjpn2014/gpjpn2014_Men_FS_Scores.pdf

He also had 2 level 3 spins in the SP.
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpjpn2014/gpjpn2014_Men_SP_Scores.pdf

Step sequences in both the short and long were level 3.

Looking back at Skate America, where one might expect a more lenient panel.
in the SP he had two level 3 spins, but did manage level 4 in the step
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpusa2014/gpusa2014_Men_SP_Scores.pdf

In the LP he managed two level 4 spins, one level 3 spin, and a level 4 step.
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpusa2014/gpusa2014_Men_FS_Scores.pdf

SP Skate America 2012 SP
One level 2, two level 3 spins, level 2 step
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpusa2012/gpusa2012_Men_SP_Scores.pdf

LP Skate America 2012- one level 2, one level 3, one level 4 spin
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpusa2012/gpusa2012_Men_FS_Scores.pdf

Alba

Record Breaker
I almost got the podium right. Yuzuru destroyed my prediction with his 4rth place. :bang::p
Well, congratulations to him. Now go and win that GPF. :cheer:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
And I’m also sad that he qualified for GP final. Taking into account all his performances in this year’s GP, he simply didn’t deserve to.

Agreed. He was ridiculously held up at Cup of China and (less ridiculously held up) at NHK. Same goes for Brown at Skate America, since he was also close to making the final.

Skaters like Ge, Menshov, Ten, Nguyen and even Murakami with just one event put out way better performances than Hanyu/Brown and are far more deserving.

Hopefully Hanyu gets it together at the final though. Should be very interesting!

megrin

Rinkside
You know, Jeremy could've won over Yuzuru if he only started a bit earlier in his short program. He wouldn't have gotten -1 for time violation then. His free programs almost always suffer from mistakes here and there, and actually, it was rather better this time, and yet this was the result.

deedee1

Record Breaker
:jaw: to final standings.
Many many congrats to Dice Murakami for his first win on GP! :rock: He was crying during medal ceremony, priceless moment!! Hope this will give him confidence boost as he's heading to one such cruel battle at J Nats in December. :yes:
Congrats to Sergei & Mura, too, for advancing to GPF! Isn't it their first, right? Happy for them. :clap:

Elladj and Dice made my day! :)

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Agreed. He was ridiculously held up at Cup of China and (less ridiculously held up) at NHK. Same goes for Brown at Skate America, since he was also close to making the final.

Skaters like Ge, Menshov, Ten, Nguyen and even Murakami with just one event put out way better performances than Hanyu/Brown and are far more deserving.

That's a matter of opinion, but frankly, there were few to no expectations that Ge, Menshov, Ten, Nguyen, & Murakami would medal, whereas both Brown & Hanyu faced a ton of expectations to medal.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
:jaw: to final standings.
Many many congrats to Dice Murakami for his first win on GP! :rock: He was crying during medal ceremony, priceless moment!! Hope this will give him confidence boost as he's heading to one such cruel battle at J Nats in December. :yes:
Congrats to Sergei & Mura, too, for advancing to GPF! Isn't it their first, right? Happy for them. :clap:

Elladj and Dice made my day! :)

It is both their first time at the final.

I'm thrilled for Murakami too!

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thank you, Mrs. P! :)

Big payday for Frank Carroll. Both of single wins today are his students.

My husband and I was talking about Mr Carroll; What if Mr Carroll is able to show up for Dice at J Nats and Dice repeats two excellent performances like this time? JSF simply cannot ignore Dice, with the presence of Mr Caroll, anymore, you know. May shake up overall standings at the Nats... ;)

mjj

Rinkside
Thank you, Mrs. P! :) My husband and I was talking about Mr Carroll; What if Mr Carroll is able to show up for Dice at J Nats and Dice repeats two excellent performances like this time? JSF simply cannot ignore Dice, with the presence of Mr Caroll, anymore, you know. May shake up overall standings at the Nats... ;)

great, and hope JSF work Dice, Machida and Mura to do the 50+ shows in summer and rest Hanyu