2014 Skate Canada Mens SP 10/31 | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Mens SP 10/31

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know you are angry for Kevin. I am sad for him as well. But he is not out yet. He is healing his leg for the nationals, that means he knows what he should do.
And Kevin is not here, so your ranting about him is somewhat getting out of control. Sorry.

Fine I'll shut up if that's what you want.

I know he's doing what's best for him. It's just that...forget it.

flutzy13

On the Ice
I know you are angry for Kevin. I am sad for him as well. But he is not out yet. He is healing his leg for the nationals, that means he knows what he should do.
And Kevin is not here, so your ranting about him is somewhat getting out of control. Sorry.

Could talk of Reynolds who isn't competing here be moved to a more appropriate thread. He has nothing to do with this men's short.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Watching the protocols is quite funny... I mean, one of the judges gave 8.00 IN to Březina... And another 5.50. :laugh:

Dude!!!! No kidding! I can tell there's one judge that doesn't exactly like Brezina! His/her scores for the PCS are considerably lower than the other eight's LOL

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Did anyone see the TSN coverage?

(1) Any interesting analysis from Craig Buntin's software?

(2) What kind of behind-the-scenes stuff did Tessa/Scott do? And what did they say in the interview with B. Williams?

unico

Final Flight
Some of the comments towards Mura are :rolleye:

Whatever, I'm glad for him that he had a solid skate. With the huge backlog of Japanese male skaters he hasn't had the greatest amount of opportunities, so I'd love to see him podium and earn some money for his wife/kid back home.

About Fernandez's PCS: even if Fernandez doesn't have the greatest skating skills in the world, I would agree that his program is quite a deal more complex than the others here. I'll have to rewatch again to form a better opinion.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I don't mind Mura doing well cause I had him finishing second -- so keep it going! :biggrin:

That said, I'm always glad for skaters doing well, regardless whether I'm huge fan of theirs or not.

Also glad to see the older contingent holding things up nicely -- Yay Carriere (WHY DID I NOT GO WITH MY GUT AND PUT YOU HIGHER?)!!! Yeah Menshov (DITTO for you; though I still had you in my top five)!!!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My feed today was terrible -- audio and video extremely out of synch -- so I'll take your word for what you say too. ;)

And I hope I can re-watch a video of Max's SP. Look forward to his FS tomorrow. :)

(Does Kevin Bacon wear an untied bow tie in the movie??)

My IN feed worked flawlessly through the first group, then started getting iffy through Menshov, before getting completely choppy during...you guessed it...Max.

Here's a video of his SP.

Kevin Bacon does not wear an untied bow tie, but I feel like the costume is supposed to be later in the night at the prom? Even if the bow tie is maroon instead of black. Actually, I was watching the movie again last night, and all things considered, this is not as horrific as it had the potential to be.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't mind Mura doing well cause I had him finishing second -- so keep it going! :biggrin:
That said, I'm always glad for skaters doing well, regardless whether I'm huge fan of theirs or not.
Also glad to see the older contingent holding things up nicely -- Yay Carriere (WHY DID I NOT GO WITH MY GUT AND PUT YOU HIGHER?)!!! Yeah Menshov (DITTO for you; though I still had you in my top five)!!!
I am glad to see Mura and Menshov are doing well.

Kozuka is trying new type of blades, I am afraid he's not doing well because of those new blades.

And Mrs.P, could you please help me with Javi's score, I have calculated, and if I am not wrong then had Javi not doubled that 3A, he might have hit almost 92 points?

unico

Final Flight

Basically my thoughts exactly! (Especially because I also predicted Mura for 2nd haha) Like I'm hardly a Mura-uber, but give credit where credit is due :)

I don't know what I was thinking when I switched Menshov out of the top 5 for Brezina (!?!?) of all people... Oh me of little faith.. :no:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And Mrs.P, could you please help me with Javi's score, I have calculated, and if I am not wrong then had Javi not doubled that 3A, he might have hit almost 92 points?

BV of a 3Ax = 9.35 -3.63 (BV of 2Ax) = 5.72

86.36+5.72 = 92.08. :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Basically my thoughts exactly! (Especially because I also predicted Mura for 2nd haha) Like I'm hardly a Mura-uber, but give credit where credit is due :)

I don't know what I was thinking when I switched Menshov out of the top 5 for Brezina (!?!?) of all people... Oh me of little faith.. :no:

Yep, I put too much faith in Brezina -- though he looked good at Nebelhorn (and he finished ahead of Menshov there), so I though there was some rhyme to my reasoning, LOL.

Meoima

Match Penalty
BV of a 3Ax = 9.35 -3.63 (BV of 2Ax) = 5.72
86.36+5.72 = 92.08. :)
Wow, thank you. So his SP has the potential to crack 95 points like last season. Had he lands that 3A he still has many chance to win against other top guys, with a higher BV in the LP.

Bonesfan

On the Ice
I just caught the very end of the SP. Javi looked great - very confident, and I liked his program more than I thought I would. Brian must be doing a awful lot of traveling around this Grand Prix season with Yuzu, Nam, and Javi.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I just caught the very end of the SP. Javi looked great - very confident, and I liked his program more than I thought I would. Brian must be doing a awful lot of traveling around this Grand Prix season with Yuzu, Nam, and Javi.

Yeah, he'll be at every one but TEB right? :laugh:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
My feed today was terrible -- audio and video extremely out of synch -- so I'll take your word for what you say too. ;)

And I hope I can re-watch a video of Max's SP. Look forward to his FS tomorrow. :)

(Does Kevin Bacon wear an untied bow tie in the movie??)

I saw Kevin Bacon walking on Broadway not too long ago. Damn, I should have asked him! ;)

Actually, I think this could be a very good program for Max, but today it was tight. Beginning of season nerves probably.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Interesting scores. Fernandez was fourth in TES, won it on PCS.
He did sell his program quite well. He looked confident and he reached out to the audience. I don't buy his SP last season (and that ghastly costume) but I think he is on the right track this season.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I saw Kevin Bacon walking on Broadway not too long ago. Damn, I should have asked him! ;)

Actually, I think this could be a very good program for Max, but today it was tight. Beginning of season nerves probably.

I feel like he wants it so badly! The same goes for Adam. They need to chill and just perform.

Stephen Carriere has the highest TES among the U.S. men in the SP now. :clap:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I feel like he wants it so badly! The same goes for Adam. They need to chill and just perform.

Stephen Carriere has the highest TES among the U.S. men in the SP now. :clap:

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have sent them that text message saying I would hold them PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE if they screwed up my score here...

(just kidding ;))

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have sent them that text message saying I would hold them PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE if they screwed up my score here...

(just kidding ;))

I would expect no less from you, WA. ;)

Actually I'd like to send a text to Stephen Carriere saying "Great job and congrats, but you're really ruining my predictions, buddy."