2014 Worlds Gala | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Gala

deedee1

Record Breaker
Since they arrived early to Japan and were actually watching Saitama Worlds among the crowds (correct me if Im wrong, pls. I heard so, though I didn't see them myself), I knew that Tatiana/Maxim will be skating at the 2014 Worlds Gala tour scheduled on April 5 & 6th at Osaka. But is it true Adelina and Patrick will be there, too? :eek:
http://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/fck/file/2013_Figure/Worlds/WFC2014ExinOsaka0221.pdf
http://skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/fck/file/2013_Figure/Worlds/WFC2014ExinOsaka0331-2.pdf

I can understand they didn't want to compete there as the newly-crowned Olympic gold/silver medalists while not fully prepared. but I have a bit mixed feeling tbh... So does one of the crowds, or two, at Saitama Worlds. :eek:hwell:

A great news for me is Nobu's name is on the list. Osaka is his home town. I'm sure his lovely wife and two cute sons will get to see their Papa Nobu to skate with all his heart there, and to see how much their Papa has been and still is very much beloved by Japanese skating fans. Nobu is gonna get HUGE love from them! :yes: One small complaint from me is JSF didn't add Miki to the list. :disapp:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

Thanks for the links. It seems Yuzuru can't also resist Julia's "cuteness," i.e., patting her on the head. Thank God he didn't pinch her cheeks as I think that would have been too much for Julia's Russian reserve. ;)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Thanks for the links. It seems Yuzuru can't also resist Julia's "cuteness," i.e., patting her on the head. Thank God he didn't pinch her cheeks as I think that would have been too much for Julia's Russian reserve. ;)
I would love to pinch her cheeks, she is an adorable kid, how can I not? I wanna hug her, so cute. :biggrin:
Anyways Hanyu loves pinching his Pooh the bear and children's cheeks (there is a clip of him pinching a little girl, may be 6-7 years old) thank God he didn't pinch Yulia's cheeks or else her death stare would have killed him. Lots of his fans would be devastated, lol :p

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Since they arrived early to Japan and were actually watching Saitama Worlds among the crowds (correct me if Im wrong, pls. I heard so, though I didn't see them myself), I knew that Tatiana/Maxim will be skating at the 2014 Worlds Gala tour scheduled on April 5 & 6th at Osaka. But is it true Adelina and Patrick will be there, too? :eek:
http://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/fck/file/2013_Figure/Worlds/WFC2014ExinOsaka0221.pdf
http://skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/fck/file/2013_Figure/Worlds/WFC2014ExinOsaka0331-2.pdf

I can understand they didn't want to compete there as the newly-crowned Olympic gold/silver medalists while not fully prepared. but I have a bit mixed feeling tbh... So does one of the crowds, or two, at Saitama Worlds. :eek:hwell:

A great news for me is Nobu's name is on the list. Osaka is his home town. I'm sure his lovely wife and two cute sons will get to see their Papa Nobu to skate with all his heart there, and to see how much their Papa has been and still is very much beloved by Japanese skating fans. Nobu is gonna get HUGE love from them! :yes: One small complaint from me is JSF didn't add Miki to the list. :disapp:

I thinkthey just wanted to take the opportunity for some easy earned money without the added hassle of a stressful competition. None of them said they were injured, so they don't feel like they're doing anything wrong, I guess.

viennaskater

Medalist
I'd rather see them than Kim Lucine doing his horrendous Mario routine once more (I mean how many years has he been doing this now?)....we get it Mario=Japan, but I think it is a waste of time.

Huh?? I must be out of the loop - first time I ever saw it. I think it's clever.

viennaskater

Medalist
She made an obvious racist slur against the most beloved athlete in Japan, nevermind in the history of Japanese figure skating. Japanese public is polite and will not behave rudely even against someone they do not like, but Gracie, I am afraid, will not lose her racist image anytime soon. In fact, she's never gonna lose it unless she does something dramatic, like stop dying her hair and drops the Disney crap from her program and shows she's changed by showing appreciation for her own ethnic roots, to begin with.

Well, I'm shocked! I was a Gracie fan, but this has turned me right off!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Huh?? I must be out of the loop - first time I ever saw it. I think it's clever.

After you wrote that I checked it and it turns out this is the first season he did it! I'm sorry, maybe I confused it with his equally weird Jungle Program. It felt to me I've seen it a 20 times before. Some might find it funny, but for me programs like this are exhausting and annoying. And they really did too many of those supposedly funny exhibitions in the gala.

lbc2138

On the Ice
Totally shipping them.:love:

Erm, I don't ship real people, particularly with the age difference between Yuzu and Yulia... but it's nice to see Yulia smile.

(quite frankly she sometimes scares me when she's off the ice haha)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Erm, I don't ship real people, particularly with the age difference between Yuzu and Yulia... but it's nice to see Yulia smile.

(quite frankly she sometimes scares me when she's off the ice haha)
They can't even understand each other's languages and both are terrible at English. Lol and both of them are still kids so spare them please. Poor the kids, they only skate and people start shipping them together without any reason at all. I bet they only spoke one or two sentences to each other at most.
And who says Yulia is scary? She is just a shy little lady. She is adorable. :biggrin:

lbc2138

On the Ice
They can't even understand each other's languages and both are terrible at English. Lol and both of them are still kids so spare them please. Poor the kids, they only skate and people start shipping them together without any reason at all. I bet they only spoke one or two sentences to each other at most.
And who says Yulia is scary? She is just a shy little lady. She is adorable. :biggrin:

Have you seen her death glares at the media? I would probably give the same look if someone was following me around to practice and watching how I warm up and whatnot. But every time she does it, it's scary haha.