camerawork:rolleye:
butchered everything that could be butchered:hpull:

poor SinKats lift
nothing was seen:palmf:

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Is there any youtube channel uploading all the videos of gala?? I couldn't find Sotskova.

Manitou

Medalist
Did you guys who were watching it on ESPN get the same TERRIBLE sound?
It's was pretty much unbearable. The music was echoed and it butchered the show's quality. I am surprised nobody bothered to fix it.

winky97

Medalist
Did you guys who were watching it on ESPN get the same TERRIBLE sound?
It's was pretty much unbearable. The music was echoed and it butchered the show's quality. I am surprised nobody bothered to fix it.

Strangely the sound on ESPN was better for me today, but during other parts of the competition there was a strange echo

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just started catching up on what I missed on the archive of the Sportbox stream (needs a VPN).

EKB bb pair now

Who were they? спорт-2 came back from their adverts in the middle of the routine, so we didn't get to see the name graphic.

And your description of them is spot on! The guy looked about 15 or 16, while the girl looked about 8! If people thought Peng and Zhang looked mis-matched age-wise, they should see this couple!

That said, when you consider how young they are, they were really good! In a few more years, we might be getting really excited about them in Juniors.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Beautiful, Zhenya. Absolutely beautiful.

It's just a pity that Grishin and Leonova talked so much during the first half of the routine, as I would have loved to have got the full impact of it.

Thank you to molihua and Sugarpova for answering georgiana's question about what the music was. Because I was about to ask the same thing!

Absolutely loved it!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :points:

Before this season, I had only seen Zhenya about 2 or 3 times. And, I have to be honest, I wasn't fussed on her. Although, that may have been down to the fact that the first time I saw her, she was doing that awful Bee Gees routine at the GP Final Gala. First impressions can be influential.

But, she is quickly becoming my favourite Russian skater. Apart from the gala routine using the music made famous by Zhiganshina / Gazsi, I love all her routines this year. And I probably would have loved it too had I not seen Nelli and Alex's version first.

Contrast that to my long time favourite Russian, Liza Tuktamysheva. I don't like any of her routines this year. (PLEASE, go back to last year's FS and Gala routines!!!)

Young, beautiful, and oh so talented! Zhenya is everything that a marketing man wants in a client! Plus, she is good enough to dominate the sport.

But, how many times in recent years have we seen a Russian skater that fits that description?! And then another one comes along and takes over. And another. And another. Like, we are already counting down the days until Nugumanova and Gubanova are old enough to enter Junior level, never mind Senior!

So, we will have to wait and see what happens in the years to come. Whether Zhenya will have longevity. But, at the moment, she is my favourite Russian.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: