2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ice Dance FD | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ice Dance FD

Lota

Record Breaker
Congrats to the medalists!

So Bobrova/Soloviev is back as Russia’s number one dance pair? I know they were some years back… and then there were injuries or just bad skating or what? Not following dance closely enough.
That's their 5th National Champion title if I'm correct (not in a row, because they didn't compete last year), so, in the last years that they did compete, they were always Number 1 :agree:

Who is Dima?
Soloviev.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
Soloviev

& damn I jinxed Nick when i put his drunk twizzles in my location! Sorry Nicky!!!!!!!!!! :sad4::shame: I'll go back to 'Mishin Impossible' now!

Nikita should go on a Mishin Impossible task with the Shibs to fix his twizzles :dev2:

katha

On the Ice
Congrats to B/S on winning Nationals! Congrats to S/K on silver! I guess the pressure of being first after SD together with their general wonkiness on twizzles did them in. Now they need to go and work that out for Euros. But still, what an improvement from last year! :thumbsup: And congrats to S/B on a well skated event and bronze!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
so as I suspected its too early for the Fed to rely on SKIZ!
babies they are still!:biggrin:

Nikita should go on a Mishin Impossible task with the Shibs to fix his twizzles :dev2:
they SHOULD! Go hang out with Shibs now!
Really they should be present at every Shibs training!

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Oh do tell?

She basically said they took turns (literally) messing up on elements, falls etc. and then were blaming each other for mistakes. Such relationships between partners is no good. And now they're messing up on elements with their new partners, take turns too. :)

slider11

Medalist
Wow...Russian ice dance is back! Congratulations to the podium winners. I preferred Elena and Ruslan's FD to Stepnova and Bukin's but I'm afraid that Elena and Ruslan's SD put them in a hole. The English speaking commentator on espn thought that Nikita and Victoria's FD is too one-dimensional...I think she said too sappy! I actually like one-themed performances but I think I get what she's saying. It's definitely Russian drama with an Italian twist! I actually find the winners' Anna Karenina to be a little too over the top but with Vic and Nikita's twizzle error, they deserve the win. Elena and Ruslan are cuties and I hope they get a chance at Euros or Worlds.

Mattieu

Medalist
She basically said they took turns (literally) messing up on elements, falls etc. and then were blaming each other for mistakes. Such relationships between partners is no good. And now they're messing up on elements with their new partners, take turns too. :)
So funny, she shoots from the hip and says it like it is!

katha

On the Ice
LOL, no lies detected. Though, and this is pure speculation on my part, I think that apparently their personal relationship was difficult also contributed to the blame games and tension and bled into their professional career. On that front IMO they seem calmer and steadier with their new partners.

Ekm

On the Ice
Was too caught up in Christmas festivities and missed practically the whole thing! Congrats to B&S, so happy for them! I hope the fed goes with the medalists for Euros, I'm not the biggest S&B fan, but I'd prefer to see them there than I&K.

Oops! I&Z! It would actually be interesting to see I&K at Euros in a trainwreck kind of way!

Last edited:

Mattieu

Medalist
Was too caught up in Christmas festivities and missed practically the whole thing! Congrats to B&S, so happy for them! I hope the fed goes with the medalists for Euros, I'm not the biggest S&B fan, but I'd prefer to see them there than I&K.

Me too!

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
I'm not the biggest S&B fan, but I'd prefer to see them there than I&K.
I/K is really the eternal couple:laugh:

btw saw on FSO & how true
"Elena & Nikita are the most generous skaters in the world":rofl::laugh2:

bekalc

Record Breaker
I think maybe for S/K it was being in a position they were not use to a twizzle boot camp is needed. This was their first big mistake this season

Nikita and Viktoria seem to have a better relationship though.

Tarasova is right though it is a team effort. If the team is constantly making mistakes than it is something the team needs to fix blaming the partner is not right.

Given mistakes are made with new partners blaming the old ones was wrong.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
Nick at the press con
"A little mistake in the free....OK...a big mistake" :rofl::laugh2:
he got real