2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

Country
Russia
Elena is still queen :shrug:

she has never missed a podium since 2013 seniors
and she was today better than Zhenya who skated cautiously
Since season 2011/2012, Elena only twice was not at podium - 5th at Nats Dec 2011, 4th at GP Final Dec 2013.

ElenaClaire

On the Ice
Personally I enjoyed Julia's performance best. I prefer Zhenia's free (it is rather enchanting) compared to the SP (not really feeling it). And I'm actually ok with Elena's SP (I know.. I know.. some think it's kinda terrible more with all the flailing arms) :slink: I mean especially compared with the Titanic (all the dialogue and what not). It's just Elena has this ability to present and sell the heck out of it (even if it's still terrible the program).
Some of the scores though.. but I can really say I'm surprised tbh haha.

Here's hoping Julia can maintain the spot for the free.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Sima had the performance of the night for me. Sure, she wasn't perfect, but I don't care. I DON'T CARE.

Sima forever!!! :yes2:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Since season 2011/2012, Elena only twice was not at podium - 5th at Nats Dec 2011, 4th at GP Final Dec 2013.

agreed, Elenas record is much higher than Evgenia in Russian competitions

that is why I called her Queen of Russian FS not Medvedeva

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm so happy for Anna, even though she looked a little subdued in KnC. When she is on, she is on. My favourite will probably always be Elena, but Anna is so fast, powerful and remains feminine....I really hope to see her at Euros or Worlds.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
What an event! I'm really happy with the overall quality of performances here. But two of the performances were just heartwarming:

1) Lipnitskaya: I love her to death! Hope she always becomes like this. I was in tears with her after the ending. Glad that they are working well with Urmanov. There were some touching hugs.
2) Pogorilaya: Never expected this coming. Anna is absolutely stunning. It's easy to see her fire and desire to skate perfect! I can see she loves skating this program and performs it like the best I've ever seen from her. So happy!

Evgenia and Elena are exceptional as they've always been this season! Wow at Tsurskaya's jumps one more time! And congratulations to my dear Maria going clean! Adelina's skating and performing abilities are far superior than her, though!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
What an event! I'm really happy with the overall quality of performances here. But two of the performances were just heartwarming:

1) Lipnitskaya: I love her to death! Hope she always becomes like this. I was in tears with her after the ending. Glad that they are working well with Urmanov. There were some touching hugs.
2) Pogorilaya: Never expected this coming. Anna is absolutely stunning. It's easy to see her fire and desire to skate perfect! I can see she loves skating this program and performs it like the best I've ever seen from her. So happy!

Evgenia and Elena are exceptional as they've always been this season! Wow at Tsurskaya's jumps one more time! And congratulations to my dear Maria going clean! Adelina's skating and performing abilities are far superior than her, though!

I was never that big of a fan of Julia when everybody was singing her praise. But oh my, has she grown on me. That Elvis SP is really something. She smiles, she dances, she actually looks like she is enjoying herself and she looks like an angel lady! Elena has grown but so has Julia. This is really, I think, the reason why I'm not so hot on Medvedeva right now. She is just too much of a little girl to me. And I don't like that. Personal preference really, but seeing as Julia touches me more than before, when she just motored through her programs....and she still has that amazing flexibility, despite looking much more feminine, I think I might like Medvedeva more when she's gone through puberty. Great stuff.

:( For Tuktamysheva, though. Poor her.

iskate

On the Ice
Just caught up - the Russian ladies never cease to amaze me, the field is just so deep...

Zhenya and Elena were amazing, as expected, but I am just soooo happy for Julia - haven't seen her skate that well in a long time. I didn't really like the program at the start of the season, but it seems to get better and better at each comp and now I'm loving it. She's looking much more comfortable with the choreography now. Also very happy for Anna - so nice to see her skating well again, without any of those scary-looking falls! Although she could have looked a bit happier in the K&C, she and her coach seemed unusually stone-faced - I know Tsareva is notorious for her lack of visible emotion, but both Annas looked even more glum than usual, considering she'd just had her best skate in quite a while.

Tsurskaya's lutz still makes my jaw drop every time I see it.

Very sad for Liza. When I first heard Bolero again I was happy, was not a fan at all of the SP she's had for most of this season. But that was the most lifeless Bolero I've seen her do, it had none of last year's spark and she looked like she didn't want to be there at all, IMO. Jumps were a bit of a mess too :sad4: Really hoping (and kind of expecting, TBH) her to redeem herself in the FS! Go Liza :hap10:

slider11

Medalist
One thing I've got to say for the Russian judges- they don't score on past performance but what was put forward at this performance. Frank Sinatra's "That's Life" lyrics comes to mind..."on top in April, shot down in May.." Olympic champion? World champion....very nice, but that's history. So, for today Evgenia, Elena and Julia are on top. Good for them! I am particularly happy for Julia after the last 2 years.

Amei

Record Breaker

I think it's clear whatever she needed she finally got from Urmanov, sadly I wish that the Fed would have let her leave Eteri last year like she supposedly wanted to. Urmanov proved himself to be some kind of technique-whisperer because Yulia put out probably her most technically impressive performances and she's only been working with him for a few weeks.

Latvian

On the Ice

andromache

Record Breaker
Yulia :hap10:

DID NOT expect that. (Haven't even watched it yet and won't have time until this evening. Just read on here how amazing it was.) But the LP will probably remain her demon. It's really a question of who the fed trusts more, in the end. Between Yulia/Anna/Liza/Adelina.

Such a shame for Liza, but she could pull up with a redemptive LP like at SC.

Jagger

Rinkside
For me Julia was the best.
I'll never understand the judging. In my opinion, Sotnikova and Medvedeva are very overscored.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I wonder , are they going to leave Elizaveta off the team if she is not going to land on podium ?

Amei

Record Breaker
I wonder , are they going to leave Elizaveta off the team if she is not going to land on podium ?

It's not like Liza has been on fire this season, that has screamed 'I've earned a spot on the Worlds/Euros team'.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
OMG! I was in tears with Julia! I think this was her best sort program ever. If she manages to do a better combo she could beat the big guns. I still think she should have been closer to Medvedeva. The first two have better combo than Julia, but they are not better artistically/skating skills. Whatever...All 4 were great today. I am happy for Anna too.
I have a question about Julia...has she changed coaches? She was with two men, only to realize one of them is Urmanov...

sloveniangirl

Match Penalty
I always believed in Yulia and that she will be in the top 5 at nationals, maybe in top 3. That´s why i had to laugh over these predictions, where people put her in 9. place ect.:whack: :rolleye:

Last edited:

Amei

Record Breaker
OMG! I was in tears with Julia! I think this was her best sort program ever. If she manages to do a better combo she could beat the big guns. I still think she should have been closer to Medvedeva. The first two have better combo than Julia, but they are not better artistically/skating skills. Whatever...All 4 were great today. I am happy for Anna too.
I have a question about Julia...has she changed coaches? She was with two men, only to realize one of them is Urmanov...

Yeah she changed to Urmanov after TEB.

sloveniangirl

Match Penalty

It was reported after TEB that she switched to Urmanov.

Last edited: