2015-2016 Russian Nationals Pairs FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Russian Nationals Pairs FS

QuadThrow

Medalist
T/M performed the 4Tw! One year ago they said they do not need this. Times has changed!

But it is a pity that their risk did not bring them to Silver. Probaby a 3Tw and a clean 3S would have been enough.

I do not understand V/T doing the 3FTH. It has never been as big as their other throws. At Euros and Worlds their PCS will not be that high and there are many other pairs with big elements preparing for the win: S/K. S/H and S/M.

whatif

Medalist
In million depressions over K/S:( But still they keep delivering and getting up there in the most difficult situations. I am happy they made the team.

The problem with T/M is that they are not even top priority on their own rink. It is very much clear by the way Mozer behaves that there are currently no plans for them to do better than what they are doing now. It's all baout V/T and S/K for her. They are gearing for the next Olympic cycle and so are are Z/E. TAT claimed that Enberts are adding 3A throws soon.

V/T look very strong (of all returning athletes), and I still think it's between them and S/K for the Worlds title. These two just need to skate clean whereas everyone else had to exceed expectations.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I do not understand V/T doing the 3FTH. It has never been as big as their other throws. At Euros and Worlds their PCS will not be that high and there are many other pairs with big elements preparing for the win: S/K. S/H and S/M.

It hasn't paid off a ton, but I understand they're trying to include it so that they aren't the only top team who isn't trying to increase their difficulty. They don't need it to win but I'm glad they find ways to challenge themselves so that they're not like teams who keep the same difficulty for a decade because it continues to be comfortable for them (eg Pang/Tong).

Last edited:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
They should just go back to loop. Ditch one of the 2T in that three jump sequence (every team that does 3-jump combos, it looks sloppy). They could just do 3S+2T and 3F (they've done sbs 3F before in a practice video I can no longer find). Work on 4Tw (but only if it's level 3 or higher since they can get almost as much with 3Tw4 with +3). Since their goals were only to make it to Euros I can understand not working on more difficulties. Based on the valuation of pair elements, they should just focus on high execution. In fact, pairs should be about not what difficult things you can do, but how well you can do everything while skating as, you know, a PAIR. Lift criteria does need to be redefined though. Creativity/position quality isn't rewarded satisfactorily.

waxel

Final Flight
Yuko looks exghausted
certa
She usually does. Her skating is labored and uninspired and she has zero performance energy. It appears she doesn't want to be skating any more- and rarely looks affected by either a good (or more likely) a bad performance.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can someone please tell me how to view videos of the pairs LPs? thanks.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I disagree with < and so did the tech panel. For me it had enough unison to want to see it again in even better execution.

2T was not in unison. Exceptional unison in all aspects is required in pairs' skating. Should've gotten -2 GOE, regardless.

whatif

Medalist
2T was not in unison. Exceptional unison in all aspects is required in pairs' skating. Should've gotten -2 GOE, regardless.

I can give a unison BUT -2GOE for that combo???? LMFAO, good luck with that in any given competition. Just absurd.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I can give a unison BUT -2GOE for that combo???? LMFAO, good luck with that in any given competition. Just absurd.

Give -2 or the under-rotation. Can't have the cake and eat it too. I for one am not going to give them full BV PLUS bonus points on top of that. There was nothing "extraordinary" about that combination. 0 at most (and that's being very, very generous).

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
No, I'm afraid I agree with MAXSwagg: even if being able to land the combo itself in a Pairs competitions is a great achievement the execution was far from ideal. It should have definitely received negative GOE. Ksenia's second 3T and Fedor's 2T were barely landed at all. Anywya, it's absolutely off-topic

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
certa
She usually does. Her skating is labored and uninspired and she has zero performance energy. It appears she doesn't want to be skating any more- and rarely looks affected by either a good (or more likely) a bad performance.
Quite the opposite actually
especially this year

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
HOWEVER I will say that I thought Fedor and Ksenia's GPF score was totally deserved. They were just on there. They should just do 3T+3T and dump the 2T. If they skate like that they don't need it.

I also think Tat and Max's scores here at Nationals were fair, as well. They should get rid of the 3FTh and go back to Salchow because it's not working yet. The key is to bank on high quality = high GOEs. That's the key to winning along with intensely concentrating on PAIR skating and unison and it appears that only these two teams and Sui/Han are getting this.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A competition that included a number of errors from most entrants but still it was a highly enjoyable and entertaining and highlights the strength & depth of Russian pairs.

V/T while not flawless, were the deserving winners. The programme needs a bit more competitive exposure to be fully ready as things stand I would have them vulnerable to an on-from S/K in Europeans. I think the music suits them it's quite moody a bit similar in style to S/K. The 3ThF is causing them some problems and the SBS are a small issue but nothing they can't work on before Euros

I was worried for K/S as they were just ahead of T/M after the short but once again I enjoyed this programme errors aside. Even if things go wrong they still work with the music and it is full of drama. Apart from the fall on the second 2a and the step out of the quad throw, technically it was good, they just hung on to second. T/M had by far their best performance of the season, they have been a bit off this season but they were back to their near best here. I still don't like this programme for them, I think it's the music cuts it just doesn't seem to flow right, I liked last years programme much more.

A/R for me had the performance of the day, it was full of character and I think did everything to the best that they could. Maybe they missed some levels but I would have had them closer to the Top 3. The only placement I would disagree with is Z/E I think that while the TES was good they were marked to generously in the PCS, I would have had them 6th in both segments. In my mind B/D were robbed of a higher placing, they had a fantastic short and I think couldn't have given a better performance of the Free. However I have only seen the performance on youtube minus the sound but her jumps were the best they have been, they seemed confident and then crowd seemed really into it. I thought on seeing the scores Vassiliev looked disappointed, I would have given them 5th place.

I was very impressed with B/F in 7th, they delivered two performance that while not flawless certainly shows their potential. I thought he struggled on the last two lifts a little and she messed up the jump combo. They have done well for a couple who are together a short time, hopefully they will get some international assignments next season (or maybe early 2016). I really like G/S in 8th, this is one of my favourite programmes from a performance point of view, I like the story, the choreo, the way it builds. They really need the tougher jumps to make it in seniors though.

The remaining couples again all have potential. I am a big fan of E/K and they pulled up a few places while not skating their best. Does anyone know who their coaching team is? I thought it was Pavlova but it was two guys. Before hand I would have them finishing ahead of B/F but they were over 10 points down on them, again hopefully they get some international competitions. I am impressed by the junior couple P/K but they need more height on the jumps. S/B have a nice style but she struggled somewhat, maybe it was nerves? K/S finished in 12th had a few problems on the jumps and throws and skated a little cautious.

When you think that S/K along with the top two juniors (B/S and A/S) were missing plus the absence of F/M through injury that's even more talent you can add to the Russian field. They are sending a strong team to Euros, I wonder will they do a clean sweep or will Aliona spoil the party?

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
The only placement I would disagree with is Z/E I think that while the TES was good they were marked to generously in the PCS, I would have had them 6th in both segments
Mozer bonus

Rissa

Record Breaker
certa

:unsure: That's not what I've seen...