2015 Four Continents Videos and Results Discussion | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Videos and Results Discussion

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If there are Google ads on the channel, the youtuber is getting paid by the click at some level, unless there are not enough clicks for a check to be cut.

This is why they are tough on clicking by "bots" and on any form of incentivizing clicking. But Google gets sued all the time, for copyright infringement, for AdSense fraud, and defamation.

Here are a couple of typical stories:

http://www.businessinsider.com/19-year-old-lost-46000-in-google-adsense-rules-ban-2014-8

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...bel-because-of-its-automatic-takedown-notice/

Last edited:

TTM

Rinkside
Country
Brazil
dorispulaski;1107690] Welcome to Golden Skate, Fai!

Thank you, Dorispulaski!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
sabinfire, I would like to watch CBC's take on Polina's LP(missed it during broadcast), would you please upload it as well. Thanks as always.
And perhaps. Han's CBC as well.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Was Shoma featured in the NBC and/or CBC coverage? If so I'd love to see the clip. Thank you so much for your kindness, Sabinfire.

Yes, welcome to Golden Skate, Fai!

Shoma was only on NBC. CBC decided to focus on Nguyen and Mura for some reason, instead of the higher ranked Shoma and Murakami (like NBC). I understand Nam since it's CBC, but the inclusion of Mura in this coverage is a real mystery to me. On the bright side, we got a bit of variety between the two networks.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Yes, welcome to Golden Skate, Fai!

Shoma was only on NBC. CBC decided to focus on Nguyen and Mura for some reason, instead of the higher ranked Shoma and Murakami (like NBC). I understand Nam since it's CBC, but the inclusion of Mura in this coverage is a real mystery to me. On the bright side, we got a bit of variety between the two networks.

Glad to know that CBC coverage of Mura's FS, and NBC's on Murakami because I was gonna ask you a favor for their clips if possible. I personally prefer their SP to FS though, but they barely would cover even their skaters' SP. Maybe the CBC team thinks Mura is capable of standing on the podium at the impending World, or since Mura won Skate Canada by beating Fernandez, the reigning third time European champion, covering Mura's performance is worthwhile for Canadian viewers.

I would appreciate if you upload a clip of Yan Han recorded by either NBC or CBC. Many thanks, sabinfire.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Here you go:

4CC Denis Ten FS CBC You'll love the commentary on this one! ;)

It's interesting that both BESP and CBC commentators prefer Joshua's interpretation to Denis' I suppose NBC is the same too?

I agree with them, TBH, but I can't help but be impressed that Denis finally wowed me with his performances at 4CC. I know he's done 'well' in the past, but I could never remember what exactly it was he did. This time, with the LP, I remember his step sequence, I remember his jumps, I remember the whole program. But not so much the SP.

Anyway, thanks again for uploading these videos.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
It's interesting that both BESP and CBC commentators prefer Joshua's interpretation to Denis' I suppose NBC is the same too?

I agree with them, TBH, but I can't help but be impressed that Denis finally wowed me with his performances at 4CC. I know he's done 'well' in the past, but I could never remember what exactly it was he did. This time, with the LP, I remember his step sequence, I remember his jumps, I remember the whole program. But not so much the SP.

I thought that was interesting, too. For awhile I thought I must have been crazy for not caring much for Denis Ten's programs at 4CC, but all the commentators I've heard so far have been lukewarm or just plain didn't care much for it. British Eurosport is usually positive and finds something nice to say about everyone, so it's really striking when they break that routine. But, just personal opinions, I suppose.

I know this doesn't mean much, but Denis Ten's SP and FS videos on my YouTube channel are the leaders in the most "dislikes" of everything I've posted. Haters gonna hate?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I thought that was interesting, too. For awhile I thought I must have been crazy for not caring much for Denis Ten's programs at 4CC, but all the commentators I've heard so far have been lukewarm or just plain didn't care much for it. British Eurosport is usually positive and finds something nice to say about everyone, so it's really striking when they break that routine. But, just personal opinions, I suppose.

I know this doesn't mean much, but Denis Ten's SP and FS videos on my YouTube channel are the leaders in the most "dislikes" of everything I've posted. Haters gonna hate?

Now THAT I can't understand. Is it possible for Denis to stir a negative feeling in anyone? It appears so...how strange. :confused:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
If NBC covered Shoma's program I'd like to hear what Johnny has to say about it. If you have it available?
Shoma's choreo is lacking substance this year for me (probably as a result of having to switch things around for a Senior comp)...but he has it in him to interpret music very well. I hope next year, his first full Senior year, he'll have good music and better choreo to match his talents.

CBC mentioned Han Yan's jump face!! Love it.
-And of course, his beautiful jumps. Sexy. :biggrin:

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
If NBC covered Shoma's program I'd like to hear what Johnny has to say about it. If you have it available?

I always have it available if it was shown. ;) YouTube takes like 15-20 minutes to fully encode videos to 1080p60 HD so it will be a little while.

Sometimes the TV listings are funny. Here's what my listings advertise for NBC's 4CC coverage:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8FhmS7SlrItWE9HeWNBTkcxenM/view?usp=sharing

I love how they list Adam Rippon, but don't even mention him at all in the broadcast. Or how they completely leave out Joshua Farris from the blurb, the only medalist for the American men. :laugh: