2015 IceChallenge Ladies SP and FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 IceChallenge Ladies SP and FS

NaVi

Medalist
Well, Serafima did better than I expected... but..

1. Doing two rippon flips just seems gimmicky... I find what Medvedeva does much less jarring.
2. She should go with 3S+3T+2T as her 3 jump combination. (I've seen her do 3S+3T+3T before... if you wants to stand out do that right after the bonus begins).
3. Unbalanced jump programs(and hers is 2 in 1st half, 5 in 2nd half including all combos) can be bad because they're boring at the beginning... that's not her problem as she has good skating skills and a good performer... her problem is that her jump entries and landings are a very jarring/lack flow and it gets in the way of her performing.

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
For example:

Other guy: What did you think of the outfit?
Jason: It's very... different. IT catching your eye at all is such a positive thing!

Probable truth translation: I hate it, but am still going to find some nice way to talk about it!

:laugh2:

Mind you... i don't think he is the best person to speak about costumes :biggrin:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yes Mirai!!! The expressiveness of her body has improved A LOT! I wish a little of the expression would spread to her face before the very end but I understand a lot of her focus this time is probably on going clean/trying to win this.

Overall very pleased with this effort from her!! Gorgeous spiral sequence in particular.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mirai NAGASU (USA)

Music: The Great Gatsby (soundtrack)

Blush dress, very sparkly bodice

3F+3T - ok, maybe 3T<
2A+3T+2T - bit eeked out, maybe 3T<
3Lo+2T
FCSp
ChSq
3Lz
3S - twofoot, maybe <
3Lo
2A
CCoSp3p
StSq
LSp

Probably some URs, but overall decent skate. Could use more pizzazz to reflect the music

FS: 56.09+55.44 = 111.53, 169.38 (SB), 1/24

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Well... when is the last time Mirai skated this cleanish?!! AMAZING!!!!!
Be curious on the <

tulosai

Record Breaker
I really like this program and packaging a lot. Very nice Charlotte spiral! Really too bad about the falls.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Tyler PIERCE (USA)

Music: Concerto de Aranjuez

Black dress, red/silver sparkly bodice

3Lz - !, forward, foot down
3F - fall
StSq
FSSp
2A+3T
3Lz+REP - !, fall
3Lo
3S+2T+2Lo
FCCoSp3p
ChSq
2A
CCoSp3p

2 fall, but maybe enough for bronze?

FS: 52.62+53.6-2.00 = 104.22 (PB), 162.69 (PB), 3/25

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Wow i got the first 2 right... 3rd completely shocker.

Well done Tyler, Maria, and most of all Mirai! Curious on the protocol and counting down the <