2015 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2015 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

starlight97

Final Flight
She is wonderful but I worry about what happens when and if she ever grows into a more womanly figure. She is so slight right now, I am actually quite amazed by the size of and power in her jumps, her legs are so thin! But I guess maybe she is like Hanyu and her speed and technique allow her to jump like that without the strength some other ladies have.

Same goes for Radionova !!
Her legs seem to make up 2/3 of her body and they are super thin as well!
I think Yulia, Adelina or Serafima look like young athletes you can connect to this kind of competitive sport where you need to be graceful as well as powerful to jump those triples.
But when I look at Elena or Evgenia I think ballerinas or gymnastics.
But then they jump like that !:laugh: Must really be all about technique.

Caustica

Final Flight
I think Yulia, Adelina or Serafima look like young athletes you can connect to this kind of competitive sport where you need to be graceful as well as powerful to jump those triples.

Haha, Elena and Evgenia look like ballerinas to me but no way gymnasts :O Gymnasts tend to have a massive upper body! I would say that Julia and Serafima are closer to that.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Midori Ito and Tonya Harding both had strong built, despite their height. Look at their hip, their thighs! Full of power.

Tonya was higher than Midori. Midori was shorter than most female pair skaters. Obviously, she was strong and well-build, too. But Evgenia has much better jumps than, let's say, Satoko Miyahara, so maybe she won't lose her abilities. Hopefully :)

seal

Spectator
I am very sorry for Julia. I is obvious that the girl is tired and overtrained. She herself said in some interview that she lacks power for her FS. In my opinion it is guilt of the coach, who is not experieced enough. Looking at Julia's neck today it seemed to me that her thyroid is enlarged - quite possible health problems. WHen Tuktamysheva was week past year Mishin stayed calm and patient understanding the problem and this year Elizaveta is in excellent shape. I am afraid that Tutberidze is pushing Lipnitskaya too much and may harm her

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We are going to see more of these younger Russian girls peak at 14, 15 then struggle as their bodies change and they lose their jumps. In two years Elena and Evgenia may lose their jumps and some other tiny 14 year old with small jumps will take over. I don't really see most of these girls still being on top at 17,18 unlike someone like Tuk or even Adelina who had big jumps even when they were about 14.

starlight97

Final Flight

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Amazing skating by the top ladies!

Elena: :cheer2: So great to see her rebound from her SP issues at the GPF and nail that program today. If she has to skate last and nails that FS the way she has been all season, she's going to win.

Liza: I was worried about her when I saw that blue tape on her leg. It was so great to see her go out there and sail thru her SP w/o any issues. I just hope she can hold up in the FS. I just remember back to her saying she kinda had to fight her way thru the FS at the GPF. I'm cheering for her...

Evgenia: I just love her! She's been so "on it" this season and to see her skate that well under the pressure of skating last was amazing. She got the highest TES of the segment!

Anna: Nice to see her have a strong skate. I still wish she'd connect with her music more but her jumps are gorgeous when she's on.

Alena: Another strong SP...she'll have to bring it in the FS.

Julia: She definitely fought for everything. I haven't seen the protocols yet but it looked like the 3T in her combo and the 2A were URed to me. She's still struggling but I like that she's fighting. I'm scared to watch her in the FS...

Natalia O: I really enjoyed her! Great 3L-3L and her spins were great. The commentators said she's only 14 years old but she definitely has the maturity and presence of someone much older. I'm interested to see how she'll do in the FS...

Amazing competition! The level of competition at this event is 5 times higher than any other ladies' event. That is why these Russian girls are so lethal...I can't wait for the FS!

Lfmesquite

Match Penalty
I am very sorry for Julia. I is obvious that the girl is tired and overtrained. She herself said in some interview that she lacks power for her FS. In my opinion it is guilt of the coach, who is not experieced enough. Looking at Julia's neck today it seemed to me that her thyroid is enlarged - quite possible health problems. WHen Tuktamysheva was week past year Mishin stayed calm and patient understanding the problem and this year Elizaveta is in excellent shape. I am afraid that Tutberidze is pushing Lipnitskaya too much and may harm her

LOL, I really doubt that. And what was wrong with her neck? I didn't notice anything. Seems people are writing her off already, saying they feel bad for her, but I don't think she's out of it yet. She could have a good free skate.

Lfmesquite

Match Penalty
We are going to see more of these younger Russian girls peak at 14, 15 then struggle as their bodies change and they lose their jumps. In two years Elena and Evgenia may lose their jumps and some other tiny 14 year old with small jumps will take over. I don't really see most of these girls still being on top at 17,18 unlike someone like Tuk or even Adelina who had big jumps even when they were about 14.

This is a great point, a lot of these girls are still gonna grow and maybe change. How many of them are still little girls and how many are true athletic women? Tuktamisheva already went through that and Sotnikova is probably the finished product also, Sotnikova looks like a true athlete. Radionova, I don't know but she seems to be naturally slender and she's more fit that you might realize. And medvedeva, I don't really know, I've only seen her in Juniors a couple of weeks ago and today, but she seems really graceful.

Last edited:

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Natalia O: I really enjoyed her! Great 3L-3L and her spins were great. The commentators said she's only 14 years old but she definitely has the maturity and presence of someone much older. I'm interested to see how she'll do in the FS...
I'm ecstatic that Natalia did so well! I had high hopes for her a few years ago :)
However I didn't realize that she was so young! For some reason I was thinking that she was older than Radionova.
Best of luck to her in the FS!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has this been posted here? Make of it what you will.

Elena:
* SA : 65.57
* TEB : 67.28
* GPF : 63.89
* National: 74.13

Liza:
* SA : 67.41
* CoC : 67.99
* GPF : 67.52
* National: 73.62

Evgenia:
* JGP1 : 61.12
* JGP2 : 55.92
* JGPF : 67.09
* National: 72.57

Anna:
* SC : 65.28
* RC : 59.32
* GPF : 61.34
* National: 71.17

Alena:
* SC : 62.54
* NHK : 68.11
* National: 67.99

Yulia:
* TEB : 66.79
* CoC : 69.56
* GPF : 66.24
* National: 66.90

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Oh yeah sorry, I meant rhythmic gymnasts like this amazing girl: http://giocosathequeen.altervista.or...lqq-2iQ_eY.jpg (in my mother tongue the word 'Gymnast' stands for rhythmic gymnasts so this is confusing for me )

Could you forgive me my absolute, entire and utter ignorance and be so kind to explain me a difference beetween gymnast and rhythmic gymnast? Sorry for such a stupid question, but I don't know hardly anything about gymnastics :eek::

christinaskater

Medalist
Evgenia is the best Russian lady or lady in the world now. She is just special! I haven't been this thrilled with someone for a long time! Praise God for Evegenia!

Seriously, the spins of the Russian girls are damaging their backs and injuring them big time. I love the flexibility but I reckon this will cause so many health problems to these girls.

christinaskater

Medalist
Don't count Julia out. Hopefully she skates a lights out free and makes it to the Worlds , after all, she is the reigning World Silver Medalist and Olympic Team Gold Medalist.

FS_rrb

On the Ice
I'm sad for Yulia but I don't think the judges have been harsh on her as some people say. With an edge call (or a !) and two underotations it's almost impossible to score more than she did. Internationally, she would have scored around 60 had she made these very same mistakes so I think the level of inflation was similar for all the top girls. You have to take into account that Elena, for example, was clean today while Yulia made mistakes, so it's impossible to compare their scores.

I agree with the ! call because Yulia's edge on the Lutz has always been dubious. Not sure about the underotation on the Lutz but the 3T was definitely borderline and the axel was underotated.

Anyway, I hope she skates clean tomorrow and places as high as possible! :cheer:

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Oh Radionova could definitely have jump trouble later, but where she's senior eligible already and still skating well, she already has made a name for herself on the senior stage. Where Medvedeva cannot compete in seniors until next season, growth changes and jump problems could already be taking place by the time she gets to the senior stage. That was more the point I was trying to make. Also, Radionova seems to have a very slender and petite mother http://instagram.com/p/wCP2RfQYSm/?modal=true, so her build may be more genetic. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...97298790.1073741863.1644556575&type=3&theater Medvedeva's mother looks fairly tall with a sturdier build. I have no clue what either of their fathers or relatives look like though, so perhaps they will be lucky and stay tiny through adulthood, or else maintain the jumping ability through the growth.

Also, to me Radionova has very long thin legs, but you can see they are muscular. Medvedeva's legs just look like sticks, I'm sure there must be muscle in there somewhere though. And to be fair, she has always had such a slight build since she was a little kid. After the Julia Antipova business I just hope she is healthy!