2015 World Team Trophy countries announced | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy countries announced

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And I have been won over, I am on team Max/Jason for WTT, I don't care to justify it, but it is what I want.

You don't have to justify it. Max's results and the rules do.

Plus, bro-hugs.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I don't understand why there has been no announcement yet from the other Teams. Other than Japan
and Russia. No official announcements from Canada, China, USA or France. Skaters are tweeting about going to Japan
which tells me the Teams have been already chosen.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Why no Rika? Did I miss something? :shrug:

Well there has been some speculation that it could be because Kanako wants to retire after this season and she may want to say goodbye in her own country (I really hope it's not that, though).

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Well there has been some speculation that it could be because Kanako wants to retire after this season and she may want to say goodbye in his own country (I really hope it's not that, though).

Although if it is true, it is rather sweet of them to allow her.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
It does seem strange to me that Rika would be passed over after the wonderful year she's had.
But Kanako is still the fan favorite...for now. If Rika keeps skating like she did this season, she will gain her own legion of fans in no time.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Does China have a second female single skater in additional to Zijun? I don't think anyone else is qualified.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Now when I see Kanako skating I feel she is from another era. Most top skaters she competed with have retired, and she also retired a number of times.

It does seem strange to me that Rika would be passed over after the wonderful year she's had.
But Kanako is still the fan favorite...for now. If Rika keeps skating like she did this season, she will gain her own legion of fans in no time.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Does China have a second female single skater in additional to Zijun? I don't think anyone else is qualified.

Good questions. I seem to recall their was one other lady listed at one point on the grand prix assignments, but i don't know if she retired or was injured, nor can i recall her name.

In juniors they have.

Xiaowen GUO
Xiangning LI 116th in world standings, second highest. 102 on season best.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Now when I see Kanako skating I feel she is from another era. Most top skaters she competed with have retired, and she also retired a number of times.

I am not aware that Kanako has retired a number of times. :confused: As far as I know, she has been continuously competing since she made her senior debut in the 2010-2011 season.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
She's mentioned retiring a few times last season.

I remember Kanako only committed to this season because she wasn't satisfied with her results during the Olympic season. I will be sad if she retires after WTT because she is so expressive on the ice and transparent, sometimes painfully so, in the kiss and cry.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I remember Kanako only committed to this season because she wasn't satisfied with her results during the Olympic season. I will be sad if she retires after WTT because she is so expressive on the ice and transparent, sometimes painfully so, in the kiss and cry.
And the worst thing is that she didn't even have that much success this season :cry: Basically, her best performance was the SP at Worlds and almost nothing else...

GF2445

Record Breaker
Hi mods, is it possible if you cam merge all the fan page threads I made into a WTT sub-forum so they dont mix with the competition threads when they come up :)

Thankyou

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hi mods, is it possible if you cam merge all the fan page threads I made into a WTT sub-forum so they dont mix with the competition threads when they come up :)

Thankyou

My two cents:

A second WTT subforum for fan threads seems like overkill to me.

For me, keeping everything together in this one WTT subforum would be more convenient.

Each (ETA, correction: half) of the eight WTT competition threads for the disciplines will be discussing only six entries.

Plus one additional thread would be sufficient to discuss the prospects of the overall teams.​

Just an alternate view for the mods to consider.

Last edited:

Eclair

Medalist
why wasn't kozuka chosen? Or did he decline? I'd have loved to see his lovely FS again :cry: