2016-17 Russian Qualifiers and other events | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Russian Qualifiers and other events

The Finn

Record Breaker

hanca

Record Breaker
It seems that Atakhanova/Spiridonov withdrew. Hope they are not injured after Amna's fall on the throw yesterday. But maybe they just planned to do the SP, as preparation for junior worlds. They did place second at junior nationals, so they don't really need to qualify or compete at the second nationals.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I wonder why Osipova/Gallyamov weren't named as one of the substitutes for Junior Worlds? Intead of them Poluianova/Selkin were named as the last substitute.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Damn, just when I though that Amina & Ilia were having a good FS, well, then they weren't anymore.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Kudryavtseva/Simenenko did a great job here, excluding Lina's 1A in SP of course. They beat Amina/Ilia in FS but they were 2nd overall.

hanca

Record Breaker
Kudryavtseva/Simenenko did a great job here, excluding Lina's 1A in SP of course. They beat Amina/Ilia in FS but they were 2nd overall.

I do hope they will win the coming nationals, so that they have a chance to get JGP next season. So many pairs are going to fight for those spots!

The Finn

Record Breaker
Saint Petersburg Figure Skating Championship, 28 Feb - 3 March 2017

I assume this competition will serve as a qualification for Nationals Elder Age but I am not sure about that since past years there haven't been any event where one could have qualified for Nationals Elder Age. Past years the skaters who were sent to the Nationals Elder Age were simply chosen by the coaches.

Anyway, not much info out there, only preliminary schedule.

http://fskating.spb.ru/images/Ch_Pe_SPb_2017.pdf

Last edited:

venx

Match Penalty
no Sherbakova....
Shcherbakova didn't attend Moscow qualifier to Nats Younger Age - she had broken arm. Top six there get to national team and get funding for next year. One can only hope they'll make some exception for her. :(

hanca

Record Breaker
Shcherbakova didn't attend Moscow qualifier to Nats Younger Age - she had broken arm. Top six there get to national team and get funding for next year. One can only hope they'll make some exception for her. :(

I don't think they will make an exception for her to attend the nationals, but she still has a chance of getting JGP based on the test skates. Russian federation have always been very good at keeping an eye on their skaters and giving the chance to those who are performing at the time just prior the competition, as opposed to someone who performed well six months ago at the nationals. I am pretty certain they are aware of her - she did win the novice nationals last year, and she has Tutberidze and Tutberidze's students are always prepared for their JGP events, even before the junior events start (unlike skaters from some othe coaches who prefer later slots to have more time to prepare, the last few seasons Tutberidze's skater always got the first event). So based on that they will be keen to invite her to test skates. They want to send the best, and they don't mind watching plenty of skaters to actually choose who the best is at that particular time.