2016 Rio: Rhythmic Gymnastics | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2016 Rio: Rhythmic Gymnastics

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Rita had phenomenal ribbon and Yana had an out-of-this-world ball. Amazing routines. Btw, I agree with some of the posters, who questioned the name of this sport: I believe it should be called artistic, as it's called in Russian. There is more art to it than in true Artistic Gymnastics.

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
By referring Son to Satoko, I meant they both have a rather long shot at making the podium. It has nothing to do with beauty face. They 're realistic top 5, but they can won't get the bronze if others hit. Son has never beat Ganna in all around in any events except for placing higher than Ganna in London 4 years ago IIRC.

She has beaten Ganna at 2015 Summer Universiade and at the 2016 Espoo World Cup in AA, and in several EF too

thoakun

Final Flight
She has beaten Ganna at 2015 Summer Universiade and at the 2016 Espoo World Cup in AA, and in several EF too

I was talking about the all around. So that means 2015 Universiade and 2016 Espoo World Cup are the two times Son overcame Ganna. Thanks for the correction.

hugo

On the Ice
wow, russian group girls won :shocked: After yesterday and today first rotation, I lost hope for them...

upppss.... still Bulgaria remains....

and Bulgarian girls on the second place together with Spain (the same result !)

Last edited:

thoakun

Final Flight
Somehow I've always firmly believed that Russian will win. Like AG, inconsistency and underwhelming qualification often bode well. I feel bad for Spain. They have both excellent routines, although I'm ok with Russian's gold just for the merit of the Rites of Spring.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
although I'm ok with Russian's gold just for the merit of the Rites of Spring.
Stop saying foolish things again. :noshake: Difficult of russian team has no competitors. It's absolutely another level. And only chance for another teams beat them - it's russian mistake. And as we saw, with ribbons it happend. But not with clubs and hoops. I can do RG too. Just jumping and tossing club without mistakes! And so, can I have a gold medal? :laugh:

Oh. Almost forgot. The title of the most cute team get Team Japan! What a beauties! :love:

Last edited:

treeloving

Medalist
Stop saying foolish things again. :noshake: Difficult of russian team has no competitors. It's absolutely another level. And only chance for another teams beat them - it's russian mistake. And as we saw, with ribbons it happend. But not with clubs and hoops. I can do RG too. Just jumping and tossing club without mistakes! And so, can I have a gold medal? :laugh:

Oh. Almost forgot. The title of the most cute team get Team Japan! What a beauties! :love:

Well in their ribbon routine they drop, lack synchronize and looking messy and still get 17.6:disagree: :laugh2:

But Rite of Spring is really beautiful.

Johar

Medalist
I like the team who performed to Madonna's "Vogue." Don't know why their scores were low.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I realize that it is too difficult for me to understand the group routines same as synchro skating but unlike team synchro swimming which I enjoy. So I cannot tell if our team was much better or not than the others. I am just happy they won the gold cementing Russia's 4th place in the medal count. Good job, girls!

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I like the team who performed to Madonna's "Vogue." Don't know why their scores were low.
I can explain. On figure skating language it will be like this: Russia 3Lz-3Lo, Belarus 3Lz-3T, Spain 3T-3T, Ukraine 3T-2T.
So doesnt matter how it was if you doing only double jumps.

hugo

On the Ice
See? With all those mistakes - well-deserved. :agree: Not necassary put provocate smiles and ridicule girls. I know, losers always will find reason to justified. But it's ok. I won't judge you.

What the "Rite of Spring" ? I don't get it.

the russophobes haters will always claim that RG judging is corrupted by I. Viner, until non-Russian girl wins (preferable is of course Ukrainian one...). BTW: Viner is absent in Rio (due to some health problems in her family)
But they don't want to see that if Yana or Rita has a lost, they got < 18 points. In general these people haven't any RG notions and are from countries without any RG traditions (see e.g this ridiculous forum rsg.net)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The discussion on the naming is interesting although I have no idea about the sport. While I think the name artistic gymnastic can sound confusing, "artistic" is not always associated with any form of art like fine arts or performing arts. Like The Art of War, art can be construed as skill or technique. Artistic gymnastic sounds way better than technical gymnastics. :) I think rhythmic gymnastics is well named considering the sport is accompanied with music unlike AG.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
The discussion on the naming is interesting although I have no idea about the sport. While I think the name artistic gymnastic can sound confusing, "artistic" is not always associated with any form of art like fine arts or performing arts. Like The Art of War, art can be construed as skill or technique. Artistic gymnastic sounds way better than technical gymnastics. :) I think rhythmic gymnastics is well named considering the sport is accompanied with music unlike AG.

They have music during ladies' floor exercises.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
They have music during ladies' floor exercises.

Oops, sorry for my ignorance. I only saw Simone Biles' promo including her floor exercise with a commentary and background music right before Rio. Well then, most of the disciplines in AG don't have music then. ;)

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
What the "Rite of Spring" ? I don't get it.

Musical score by Stravinsky for Dyagilev's ballet. One of my fav music pieces. Electronic music started with it. This music so revolutionary for the time (circa ~1910s) that it took a years before this composer to become recognized genius, All modern electronic music uses the same tricks and principles: loops, polymeelodics, polyrhythm, etc. it's amazing piece of music. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5IXMpUhuBMs

Last edited:

thoakun

Final Flight
There's the new interview with Amina Zaripova, Mamun's coach. She said that she used to worry her student is too nice for elite sport, fit for making a family, not a podium. She is the emotional kind and can be distracted by the music that she forgets about the competition. But Zaripova also acknowledged that Rita has taught her to think on a level of depth she has never ventured.