2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 169 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
How is Alena Leonova looking? I missed the SP but wasn't she at the NHK??

Never mind, I just found her SP from NHK. I love the way she performs and I know how hard it will be for her to make the team in Russia.. There are so many countries who would give their right arm to have her represent them and I truly hope she makes the team. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjVHHSWM3BQ

Franca Bianconi said that she was underscored in the components and she should have been higher than Polina Tsurskaya on that.

tars

Record Breaker
I've been in touch with her since she was in Radya's group.
A very kind little girl. Unfortunately she struggled since she
broke her leg. But old Mishin seems to bring her in shape.
Maybe her time has just begun ...
When "broken leg" phrase appears, it's time for positive throwback. :yes::agree:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Wait, what? She won’t make the cut for Nationals? Did she just perform poorly and won’t make it past the final stage of this Russian Cup thing?

There are a big queue for the 18th spot at the Russian Nationals. Fedichkina, Sakhanovich, Tarusina, etc... But Tarusina should take it.

tars

Record Breaker
I've just realized, what my problem with Kostornaia is.
She has exquisite balletic hands, nice neck, flexible back, very nice posture and overall "aristocratic" look on the ice, but her legs and feet movement is not elegant. Take a look at her twizzles and some spins - the boots position is not attractive and collide with nice upper body image.

topmodel

Match Penalty
i swear she has everything perfect jumps and spins and skating skills
so fkin well rounded skater i hope she just stay free from any injures

It's just an irony that without Sherbakovas injury she probably wouldnt even got the JGPs.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
It's just an irony that without Sherbakovas injury she probably wouldnt even got the JGPs.

But evil irony was happened also with Alena before Junior Russian Nationals 2016, when she got injured and skipped the whole season, but was one of the favorites for the top 5 at least at that moment.

topmodel

Match Penalty
Same with Tsurskaya, because of injury she couldn't win hers Junior World Title. It seems like they are all cursed. At least, the most talented. Proklova, Tsurskaya, Kostornaya, Scherbakova...

>cursed
>Tsurskaya, Kostornaya, Scherbakova...

I would rather say Eteri's hardcore-training

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Same with Tsurskaya, because of injury she couldn't win hers Junior World Title. It seems like they are all cursed. At least, the most talented. Proklova, Tsurskaya, Kostornaya, Scherbakova...

Don't remind me! Still start thinking about it and become very sad every few weeks.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Agreed. Her skating is brilliant.

And + 1 to whoever said above about liking Evgenia's AK black dress. It's beautiful, elegant, and mature. My favourite costume of hers ever by far.

I adore that dress. It's stunning. Her dresses are always great though, at least since she's been a senior. Every time I go on the ISU site to look at GP info, it shows a picture of her in her bright blue SP dress from last season and I just stop for a second to look at it because it's beautiful - a great picture http://www.isu.org/photo-gallery/fi...ries/gp-series-page/GettyImages-618888214.jpg.

Btw, I hope before the Russian Nationals someone will make a video like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeYDGeQ0SF8

It was created by Imagine, but dunno if she/he is still interested in this after Lip's retire. But we also have very talented Undino, so...

It's funny, before I started playing the video I thought that one of Ruelle's songs would be picture for something like this, and then it turns out that the song used is by Ruelle. Maybe I'll try to make a video like this, but I've never really done it before, so we'll see.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I wonder when Shcherbakova would be planning on having her first competition of the season. She's already been training for over a month since the injury but I'm not sure what the status with the jumps and such is...

At this point I just want to see her skating once before the end of the season.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I wonder when Shcherbakova would be planning on having her first competition of the season. She's already been training for over a month since the injury but I'm not sure what the status with the jumps and such is...

At this point I just want to see her skating once before the end of the season.

The last Russian competitions are held even in April. So I think probability that we'll see her before the season ends is quite big. :)