2017 JGP Brisbane Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Brisbane Free Dance

mom2cavs

Rinkside
I've been following Lewis and Bye since their novice years and I've always been struck by their lovely musicality and sensitive touch on the ice but I wonder if they are one of those teams that technically don't quite have the chops to compete at the junior and senior levels together. It is very hard to complete all of the technical requirements to keep you in medal position as well as try and emote and retain some kind of connection to the music.

Also, wondering if they'd be better off with other partners.
Or perhaps new coach. There are NO guys at their level. Chloe and Isabella Tobias are very close.

mom2cavs

Rinkside
Igor is in desperate need of a real choreographer and real technical support. Skaters seem disappointed with him. The only ones apparently pleased with him are C/B. And this season they're already on their second FD, and who knows how many changes they'll make prior to the OG.

EDIT: He seems to be doing well though with N/N and C/P. He has a type of pair that he's adept at polishing, he doesn't really have much range beyond that though, IMHO.
PB have done well under Igor. We will see how they do now that PP and MC have moved to sr.

missysays

On the Ice
Does anyone know who was doing the commentary for the YouTube livestream of the JGP dance competition? He was really nice.

Axelsk8r

Rinkside
I think they just got lucky they moved senior last year! And it might have been the reason they moved up??
Total different ball game this year with Parsons and McNamara.

I don't think P/B will be able to keep up with those two

mom2cavs

Rinkside
I think they just got lucky they moved senior last year! And it might have been the reason they moved up??
Total different ball game this year with Parsons and McNamara.

I don't think P/B will be able to keep up with those two

They beat HB last year. What do you think will happen to HB now that PP and MC are sr.?

Axelsk8r

Rinkside
They beat them because H/B fell... more than once. I think there is going to be a real fight not only for the 4th place but maybe for 3rd place between H/B, M/C, P/P...