2017 Russian Nationals Men's FS | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Nationals Men's FS

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Is Samarin a senior now or did he just participate in senior nationals?
No, he isn't senior yet. Considering he is going to turn 19 in June it would be odd for him to pass up the opportunity to skate in Senior Nationals since he had got in automatically after making it to the JGP final. it doesn't mean he won't be at Junior Nationals as well.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I think Samarin is in contrast to Kovtun despite his age a stronger fighter. I do not see any risk to send him to senior international championships. Today however I enjoyed Kovtun much more.
Yes, he seems mentally stronger than Kovtun, thankfully (Aliev, on the other hand... :sad14:). And of course he is certainly old enough to go to senior championships, but I am not sure what the best course of action is.

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Yes, he seems mentally stronger than Kovtun, thankfully (Aliev, on the other hand... :sad14:). And of course he is certainly old enough to go to senior championships, but I am not sure what the best course of action is.

I think they will send him to the European championships. Remember, Pitkeev and Petrov were only sixteen.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I think they will send him to the European championships. Remember, Pitkeev and Petrov were only sixteen.
Nobody can prevent him from going with a silver medal and he has just said he had been hoping for it all along so he is definitely going.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Kolyada got some positive GOE for his quad lutz!

Ridiculous judging :slink: But I guess they wanted him to win, though he would win even if he have received straight -3 for falling on quad....

But I'm super happy for his win and I hope he will nail the 4Lz at Europeans or Worlds :)

noidont

Final Flight
I might love Kovtun's LP! Deserves a few more points in PCS compared to his clone Samarin.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Ridiculous judging :slink: But I guess they wanted him to win, though he would win even if he have received straight -3 for falling on quad....

But I'm super happy for his win and I hope he will nail the 4Lz at Europeans or Worlds :)
With that lead he would have won even with very strict judging which is what makes it an especially nice achievement. Nobody can say he was dragged into the first place with PCS or somesuch over more deserving skaters.

sallycinnamon

Medalist
Congratulations to Mika, that was just amazing!!! :hap10::yes2::eeking::yahoo:
I love both of his programs this season, they are just so much fun! Misha really seems to enjoy every seconds of these programs too! He is a natural, a great performer.
He delivers under pressure which is very good thing ahead of such an important World Championships (yay and with this victory it means that I'm going to see him live in Helsinki. I can't wait!)
I still laugh at those +2 and +3 GOEs on his 4Lz but hey, it is nationals...
His PCs are monstrous, he didn't get anything below 9.00, and he got one 10.00 for interpretation.

One thing I don't get, why was his ChSq got only level 1?

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Mika, that was just amazing!!! :hap10::yes2::eeking::yahoo:
I love both of his programs this season, they are just so much fun! Misha really seems to enjoy every seconds of these programs too! He is a natural, a great performer.
He delivers under pressure which is very good thing ahead of such an important World Championships (yay and with this victory it means that I'm going to see him live in Helsinki. I can't wait!)
I still laugh at those +2 and +3 GOEs on his 4Lz but hey, it is nationals...
His PCs are monstrous, he didn't get anything below 9.00, and he got one 10.00 for interpretation.

One thing I don't get, why was his ChSq got only level 1?
ChSq doesn't have levels, so it's always level 1 in the protocols.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
My favourites in this competition were Lazukin, Kovtun and Samarin. Both Lazukin and Samarin seem to have very obvious stamina problems. On this level the athletes and their coaches should understand how to solve that unnecessary problem... I guess that Kovtun, Samarin and Kolyada will participate at Europeans and the result there will decide which two will go to 2017 Worlds?

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My favourites in this competition were Lazukin, Kovtun and Samarin. Both Lazukin and Samarin seem to have very obvious stamina problems. On this level the athletes and their coaches should understand how to solve that problem...

I think its because Samarin is a junior and the LP are shorter. He's just not used to the program length I guess :laugh: But with more senior level competitions to come (Euros, *coughSeniorWorldscough* :devil:) hopefully he'll improve his stamina.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well I of course was asleep during this so I woke up to check the results and YES KOVTUN! What a comeback! Yeah I know I'm only a minority that actually likes Kovtun's skating, but I'm happy he got redemption.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I quite like this program for Kovtun! :) I am not fond of him as a skater but it was a good effort, way better than recent programs of him!

I just watched it on YouTube. And YES! I agree. Like last year's Beethoven FP was just NO JUST NO. Muse seems to work for him very well. Shame he's not consistent because when he's on, he's on. And I actually do like his skating.

Idontsk8

On the Ice
I just watched it on YouTube. And YES! I agree. Like last year's Beethoven FP was just NO JUST NO. Muse seems to work for him very well. Shame he's not consistent because when he's on, he's on. And I actually do like his skating.

It's not Muse anymore ;) He dropped that program after Test Skates, now it's Iron Sky by Paolo Nutinni