2017 Russian Nationals Pairs FS | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Nationals Pairs FS

areuskater

Match Penalty
so T/M lost by less than a hair, the PCS and the salchow killed it for them. S/K just won and they just returned.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I don't get both S/K's and T/M's FSs :scratch2:
S/K's seems the sequel of last year's program: strange music, strange costumes and strange choreography, but I don't really understand what they're trying to portray/tell/put together (last year at least the title stated clearly what the theme was)
T/M's just doesn't work: the program should be exciting, entertaining, lively, while they just look tense out there, they're not enjoying their performance and therefore they're not doing justice to what the music should mean and evoke. I wonder why their programs always seem so dull and generic... But since the judges like them, I guess it's not relevant :rolleye:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I have to say I think that T/M were robbed, S/K had so many mistakes in their LP....

T/M also had mistakes: he doubled the 3S, messed up the combo, scratchy twist and, most importantly, I think they messed up the last lift which was only level 2 (in real time I saw something went wrong with the exit)

lavoix

Match Penalty
I don't get both S/K's and T/M's FSs :scratch2:
S/K's seems the sequel of last year's program: strange music, strange costumes and strange choreography, but I don't really understand what they're trying to portray/tell/put together (last year at least the title stated clearly what the theme was)
T/M's just doesn't work: the program should be exciting, entertaining, lively, while they just look tense out there, they're not enjoying their performance and therefore they're not doing justice to what the music should mean and evoke. I wonder why their programs always seem so dull and generic... But since the judges like them, I guess it's not relevant :rolleye:

Sadly, you don't understand the beauty of Stolbova/Klimov, and it's really your loss. Their programs are breathtaking.

QuadThrow

Medalist
That was actually surprising that they lost in TES to S/K. I really want to see the protocol what happened

The point is. Everybody knows that S/K can be awesome. With this second place the Russian judges admit that T/M are still not a winning team.

Nevertheless nice to have S/K back.

QuadThrow

Medalist
T/M also had mistakes: he doubled the 3S, messed up the combo, scratchy twist and, most importantly, I think they messed up the last lift which was only level 2 (in real time I saw something went wrong with the exit)

T/M messed up a 4Tw and S/K not even fully rotated a 3Tw.That is a difference.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
T/M messed up a 4Tw and S/K not even fully rotated a 3Tw.That is a difference.

And that is why T/M got more points for the twist, but that was not my point. My point was that T/M also made mistakes - including a more severe one, on the lift

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Sadly, you don't understand the beauty of Stolbova/Klimov, and it's really your loss. Their programs are breathtaking.
No, don't get me wrong: I appreciate their speed and ice coverage and the uniqueness of some of their movements, I would just like it if someone explained me the story/meaning behind their FS :scratch3:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Am i the only one blown away by Stolbova's presence and skating skills? I mean those spread eagles are to die for

No, you're not the only one blown away with their SS. It's hardly suprise for me though. That's why I was so mad at Worlds, because I think they were much underscored in PCS.

Lota

Record Breaker
I really like this program for S/K. It's funny to think now, given their current style, that they ever did a program like their The Addams Family LP :laugh: The throws are effin' scary though :eeking: :hopelessness:

Nevertheless, I definitely would have given the gold to T/M on this occasion. Even with the mistakes, and especially with their SP advantage, I believe they deserved the gold. The 'ginger', as someone called him (lol) definitely needs to work on his jumps more, but their lifts are incredible, as are Tarasova's throw landings :luv17: I hope they shut their ears and do not listen to the message the federation is sending them, and continue working hard.

Aaaaaand, I also really like Z/E. Are they the most interesting pair out there? Naaaaaah. But they are just so aesthetically pleasing to watch :love: I hope they do well in the future too.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I was suprised by low TES of T/M, but the doubled Salchow & level2 lift did it for them... That kind of explain why their TES was same as S/K even though they have quad twist lvl3.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
http://fs-gossips.com/ksenia-stolbova-and-fedor-klimov-are-back-in-the-game/
Skaters also told about their free program:
The style is similar to last year’s free program, but the story is quite different. I understand that in such style no one does anything, so we decided to continue it. The story of a man who has lost the meaning of life – said Klimov.
We are in the endogenous depression, we are people who have lost the meaning of life – said Stolbova.
As I understand, at the beginning of the program I didn’t quite lost the meaning of my life but in the middle of the program, when Ksenia throws this meaning of my hands, I’m also go crazy. – said Klimov
hhhmmmmmm :shocked:
okey. wherever. i just love it.

liv

Record Breaker
Watching the performances without knowing the results I was surprised to see S/K win. I understand the mistakes on part of both teams, but overall I felt T/M had a more impressive performance withe their gorgeous throws and lifts...maybe the judges can't stand the music either (i love the Aurelia Dobre parts... but hate the vocals) and are sending them a message that they just aren't there yet. They have so much talent, but my wish for them for 2017 is music and a program that everyone can understand because so many people from fans to pundits are puzzled by their choices.

Lota

Record Breaker
I was suprised by low TES of T/M, but the doubled Salchow & level2 lift did it for them... That kind of explain why their TES was same as S/K even though they have quad twist lvl3.

Why did their lift get level 2? :confused:

atsumiri

Record Breaker
jumps
T/M
3T+2T+2T<< 6.00 GOE -1.50 = 4.50
2S 1.30 GOE -0.34 = 0.96
S/K
3T+2T 5.60 GOE 1.60 = 7.20
2A 3.30 GOE 1.14 = 4.44

LadyB

Record Breaker
My dinosaur mum here in Germany has no WiFi and I'm paying up for watching RN. No worries. I was able to watch everything...until S/K came on and I lost the link 😭!
Well, I've seen it now several times and I love it more than last year's FS. I love them and I'm so happy for them!!! So glad they're back. Loved their SP as well. Anyway, T/M were short changed and we all knew that the Fed picks the winner. But T/M have a great future and quite rightly so. For now, I wish S/K the best at Europeans! ❤💙
To all of you, a very happy Christmas and great holidays! xxx

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Such crazy judging, such ridiculous PCS! More than 77 for a team that just returned to the ice from injury and is physically not yet ready for big events? :eeking: Oh my... Simply unbelievable!