2017 Skate Canada Challenge | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2017 Skate Canada Challenge

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I think the issue with Trennt is that he's not willing to relocate. I heard that's why his previous partnership with Eby broke off.

Well that was quite a mature performance. The throws, which are usually beautiful, were off today. 95.86, total 151.90, they take the junior pairs title.

olayolay

On the Ice
Where did Eby want to train? Maybe he'd be more willing if the school was as renowned as Bruno and Richard's.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm here for senior pairs! :cheer:

If I didn't have such a busy schedule this week I would've been streaming a whole lot more of the competition.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Where did Eby want to train? Maybe he'd be more willing if the school was as renowned as Bruno and Richard's.

I think Eby wanted to train in WO, but he wanted to train in EO. I am not sure he'd relocate to Montreal if he wasn't willing to move around in Ontario. I also think he has some work commitments. I think he works for Jackson Ultima. If he's a rep for the area I can understand why he wouldn't leave. But not 100% sure about that. That's just what I've understood from his social media posts.

Ok so I'm watching Ruest/Wolfe and he takes a fluke fall then the stream dies. WTH is going on? Also, Camille didn't land any of her SBS jumps. They're beautiful, but it's not their day today. :(

Last edited:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm sad for Camille and Andrew, that was a rough skate. :( They have a lot of potential and many good qualities, I think they have lovely lines. All their lift entries and exits in a lunge position are going to give Dylan and Lubov a run for their money.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Did they really? That's too bad. But they did say their reason for participating was to bring that SP back into competition.

Joshua didn't do the 3rd jump again. Leaving points on the table. The throws looked nice. The lift are great. The speed with which they enter and fly across the ice. Wow.

TGee

Record Breaker
Just realized Julianne and Charlie withdrew from the free skate? Booo!

And Liam Firus from the men's FS....

But Bennet Toman pulled up with 137.82 in the FS for a total of 192.81. He's leading with Joesph Phan on the ice as the last skater. Hopefully we'll see a stronger SP from Bennet at nationals...

Last edited:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Sorry Kirsten and Mike, but this program is kind of a snooze. :slink:

Bruno Marcotte watching them do their unsynched SBS spins: arms crossed, eyes to the ceiling. :laugh2:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Wow, Kirsten was smiling. 1/2Lo jump combo?! Did that last lift count? SBS jump issues but the throws were good as was the death spiral for KM-T/MM.

olayolay

On the Ice
MTM2's lifts are so :eeking:

What's with all the weird mini-hopping steps? It makes them look like five year olds in the playground or something.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I think Michael was just out of gas. He was struggling in the 2nd last lift, and then just could not do the last one. So it's going to get 0 points. And now I see the protocols it was indeed invalidated.

TGee

Record Breaker
Joesph Phan stayed ahead with an FS of 130.57. Neg GOE on the 4T, pop on the axel.

-----------------------

Senior Men

Joesph Phan 197.84
Bennet Toman 192.81
Mitchell Gordon. 188.83

slider11

Medalist
MTM2's lifts are so :eeking:

What's with all the weird mini-hopping steps? It makes them look like five year olds in the playground or something.

My eyes are half closed when Michael has Kristen air-borne. They are just not gelling.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Here are pre-novice pair winners Brooke McIntosh/Brandon Toste's SP to "Sirtaki" that had them in 2nd with 29.75 points: http://dai.ly/x548djl
And their FS, which had them in first with 49.26, for a total of 79.01: http://dai.ly/x549knn?start=663

Their coach is Andrew Evans, who used to be Julianne Séguin's partner. :)
I think they're super cute and talented too. Both are skating singles as well right now.

Last edited:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Another fun fact about Andrew Evans: he was also KMT's first pairs partner! Dude gets around.

I totally agree about Brooke and Brandon, so cute and talented! It's such a shame that the pairs event is always the smallest, regardless of the level. :(

Last edited: