2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Men FS | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Men FS

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
If the coach works on Andrew's facial expression it will improve the program 90%
Very stone-faced.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley's latest tweets:

That moment when you see your coach walking into the arena and you are scarfing down a chocolate chip cookie and you make eye contact 😶

Now I've seen some deep v's in my day and let me tell you.. this is a DEEP V

:laugh2:

Edit: Now I really want chocolate chip cookies.:dev2:

Last edited:

matcha

Medalist
Late to the party and it's still reasonable hours here so I won't fall asleep like I did during the ladies lol. If only there was a way to mute Tara.

badknees

Medalist
Hey folks, for those that watch later and follow this thread for the mens program, it' s really nice if we just keep it to the mens so it doesn't get so incredibly long to wade through after the fact. Done this many times myself.

And yes Tara talks way tooooo much during the programs. I wish there was a way to impart this to her.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
I don't know what to feel about Torgashev's music... I feel like it kinda doesn't suit his lyrical style... good job on the quad!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Sigh...there is no drought in Russian men's skating at Andrew's level - he got beat by a whole bunch of them on the JGP. And I say that as an Andrew fan.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Ughhh pop and no -3 combo... still a better skate than earlier this season. Johnny just spoke my thoughts about the music, haha. Hope he continues to get stronger and regain confidence.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Here we go here we go... I would like Jason do justice to his FS for once, it is a great program. Come on Jason.

Plisskin

Medalist
Everything about Andrew, from the costume to the odd music choice is so Russian, lol. Good job on the quad though. I can't wait to see him improve.

frida80

Record Breaker
Damn some of you are nitpicking on Tara Lipinski's commentary hard! What did she ever do? Oh right, Nagano… Time to pull an Elsa and Let It Go!

Honestly after watching CBC and Eurosport broadcast, it's beyond annoying for someone to talk soooooo much during a program! It little to do with Nagano. And some of her comments are very rude.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Lol @ Terry calling out Johnny and Tara :laugh:

He's right, you don't want your TV commentator to be a Debbie Downer about things like music choice- about tech, yes, to inform the laymen at home. But they still need to pump up the viewers. Say what you will about Scott Hamilton, he was a master at that

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
OH MY GOSH this fluff piece on Nathan has me PUMPED UP. "I'm all the way up!"

Serious Business

Record Breaker
What was up with that weird version of Bohemian Rhapsody mix? The first part was mostly orchestral, but occasionally Freddie Mercury's voice would be piped in to sing "MAMA!" Wackiness!

Torgashev skates with beautiful speed and lines that had me slightly more awake. But he sure fizzled out hard as the program went on, painfully obvious drop in stamina. Great lines and great speed but terrible stamina? That Soviet pedigree is obvious even if the commentators didn't point it out.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
That was fantastic! Loved his energy and commitment to the program. Only 15? Wow, I think he has great potential.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
The USFS is really salivating over Nathan Chen.